Rickster Has Amnesia: CBD & Maybe OG Kush?

Thanks! It’s really been a pretty easy plant until I got behind on its nutritional needs. I think I have it back on track.
She looks great man. What is she smelling like? I just harvested two og kush plants that couldn’t be more different from each other :rofl: 1 grew fast, flowered quick, for frosty as fuck with a nice earthy fruity flavor. The second one is very flowery and peppery and took two weeks longer to finish.

She looks great man. What is she smelling like? I just harvested two og kush plants that couldn’t be more different from each other :rofl: 1 grew fast, flowered quick, for frosty as fuck with a nice earthy fruity flavor. The second one is very flowery and peppery and took two weeks longer to finish.

Sorry, you’re asking the wrong guy! I have such a poor sense of smell any more that other than “it smells like weed“ I can’t really say. Maybe further along when it’s really strong I might be able to say more. My wife says it smells strong, bu she jus says it smells like weed. I do need to get her sniffer outside to make sure I’m not smelling outside. My carbon filter has been through two grows and I need to make sure it’s up to snuff. Gotta stay stealth where I am. :yummy:

Sorry, you’re asking the wrong guy! I have such a poor sense of smell any more that other than “it smells like weed“ I can’t really say. Maybe further along when it’s really strong I might be able to say more. My wife says it smells strong, bu she jus says it smells like weed. I do need to get her sniffer outside to make sure I’m not smelling outside. My carbon filter has been through two grows and I need to make sure it’s up to snuff. Gotta stay stealth where I am. :yummy:
Yeah the carbon filter becomes very important for stealth. Years ago I grew in a townhouse and summer grows were a bitch for odor control and man does it add to the paranoias that already come with growing in stealth.

Yeah the carbon filter becomes very important for stealth. Years ago I grew in a townhouse and summer grows were a bitch for odor control and man does it add to the paranoias that already come with growing in stealth.

Yep, I saw in the news that the police busted a 6 plant grow a few towns over. Searched on a tip from a neighbor. Complete BS that putting a seed in soil and growing a plant in your own home can ruin your life.

Yep, I saw in the news that the police busted a 6 plant grow a few towns over. Searched on a tip from a neighbor. Complete BS that putting a seed in soil and growing a plant in your own home can ruin your life.
Couldn’t agree with you more my man! That’s part of the fight too, the generation before me that bought into Reagan’s war on drugs and the mental stigmas the government put in people’s minds about cannabis. Even the word marijuana is government bullshit lol. But it’s that mentality that keeps people policing each other instead of minding their own business. Government snitches! :rofl:

Mini update:

So, Amnesia got an increase to 5.5g/gal recently and now for the first time, I see some burned tips:

IMG_0287 2.jpg

I think I'm learning a few things here. First, I need to go back to 5.25g/gal and that is probably this plant's max dose. Secondly, every plant is different. My OG Kush is looking MUCH better since I upped her feed to 5.5 and then 6g/gal. That plant was trying to tell me it needed more and now the Amnesia is telling me I need less.

Finally, I am just so amazed at this megacrop stuff. I grew a couple of plants and had pretty good success with Fox Farms trio, but the megacrop is just so much easier to use. Using their instructions online and help from people like @Emilya , @MrSauga , @InTheShed and others, learning to read the plant and know what adjustment to make is much more simple. I can't think of a much easier system for a beginner like me.
:yummy::yummy:

Well don't I feel a dork. After bragging about reading my plant, the OG Ca deficiency is much worse and the Amnesia started showing some signs of it as well. I tried to do a soil slurry test, but really couldn't get down much below the surface. The entire 5 gallon pot on both plants feels like it's all roots. Also since I had previously added a tiny bit of dolomite lime pellets (not powder) on top, so the top of the soil probably isn't the best place for seeing what is going on at the root level.

Anyway, both plants were a bit alkaline at 6.9. I remember all the discussion on changing pH of soil and being independent of pH of the water, however, the alkalinity of my water is not too bad according to the test I just ran. It is at the upper end of optimal at around 80-100ppm. I really don't think that is enough to turn my soil alkaline in two months and I kind of doubt that the soil at the root level is out of range.

So, I haven't flushed the plants since I started. I know some don't like to, but I thought I would at least run enough through to get rid of any built up salts. (Not an issue with MC because of the chelated nutes?) So I ran 3 gallons of water pH'd at around 6.2-6.4 with citric acid. My well water is neutral at 7.1. I followed that with a regular feeding of 6g/gal MC on the OG and 5.25 on the Amnesia. I added 2ml of organic cal/mag (max dose of this one) and only half of a gram of Bud Explosion to each since I read excess phosphorus can affect Ca uptake. They had gotten 1gram on the last feeding, at which point I thought I was on track with both.

So, did I do good? Did I screw up? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Well don't I feel a dork. After bragging about reading my plant, the OG Ca deficiency is much worse and the Amnesia started showing some signs of it as well. I tried to do a soil slurry test, but really couldn't get down much below the surface. The entire 5 gallon pot on both plants feels like it's all roots. Also since I had previously added a tiny bit of dolomite lime pellets (not powder) on top, so the top of the soil probably isn't the best place for seeing what is going on at the root level.

Anyway, both plants were a bit alkaline at 6.9. I remember all the discussion on changing pH of soil and being independent of pH of the water, however, the alkalinity of my water is not too bad according to the test I just ran. It is at the upper end of optimal at around 80-100ppm. I really don't think that is enough to turn my soil alkaline in two months and I kind of doubt that the soil at the root level is out of range.

So, I haven't flushed the plants since I started. I know some don't like to, but I thought I would at least run enough through to get rid of any built up salts. (Not an issue with MC because of the chelated nutes?) So I ran 3 gallons of water pH'd at around 6.2-6.4 with citric acid. My well water is neutral at 7.1. I followed that with a regular feeding of 6g/gal MC on the OG and 5.25 on the Amnesia. I added 2ml of organic cal/mag (max dose of this one) and only half of a gram of Bud Explosion to each since I read excess phosphorus can affect Ca uptake. They had gotten 1gram on the last feeding, at which point I thought I was on track with both.

So, did I do good? Did I screw up? Does anyone have any suggestions?
can we get a picture of the top leaves where the Ca deficiency is showing? I think all this work with pH and worrying about soil alkalinity is taking you down the rabbit hole... I just can't believe that pH has this much to do with a MC grow since MC is available to the plants, easily from 7.0-5.5 pH. Adding outside calmag... I think that was a huge mistake and at the levels you are feeding MC, I can't see how there would be a Ca deficiency, but it would be very easy to have too much Ca and Mg in there at this point, locking out other things. I want to see the pictures... I am betting that I see lockout, not deficiency. Please show me the leaf damage in the top fans, and the twisty damage that I am expecting on the lower fans and then I will complete my diagnosis.

Thanks for the reply @Emilya . Here are some pics.

OG Kush:

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

Amnesia. Not a lot of this, but I wanted to nip it in the bud, so to speak:

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

Overall view of OG Kush:

IMG_1312.jpg

And Amnesia:

IMG_1313.jpg

I'm definitely still a beginner, so any help is welcome.

Thanks!

ok... first, it definitely does look like a Ca deficiency that you had there, so I understand why you supplemented as you did, but then again looking at your color, I am not sure you quite have MC green there either. Instead of supplementing with outside calmag, I think you would have been better served by just giving another 1/4 gram of MC.

The damage seen is not all that bad actually, but be aware that the damage already there is never going to go away.... your goal is simply to keep it from spreading any further. I think things are looking pretty good actually... and just need a minor correction.

ok... first, it definitely does look like a Ca deficiency that you had there, so I understand why you supplemented as you did, but then again looking at your color, I am not sure you quite have MC green there either. Instead of supplementing with outside calmag, I think you would have been better served by just giving another 1/4 gram of MC.

The damage seen is not all that bad actually, but be aware that the damage already there is never going to go away.... your goal is simply to keep it from spreading any further. I think things are looking pretty good actually... and just need a minor correction.

So, the OG has been at 6g/gal the past two feedings and has gotten worse. Should I go ahead and do 6.25 next time? Fastbuds does say to give big doses of nutrients, but I've not gone above 6 before. Quoting the fast buds page "this lady can take a big feeding on a regular basis, so be prepared to increase the strength of your nutrient solution when growing this strain."

I know it's not terrible, I'm a nervous parent.

Thanks for helping!

The leaves don't lie... I do think you need to slowly ramp up just a bit. I have seen guys claim they have run 8g/g... so I know it can be done... it just wasn't being done at my house. You have been doing exactly the right thing, slowly ramping up so as to not get lockouts... but while you are in the GLN system, my advice is to stay within that system, and they clearly told us that they put enough Ca and Mg in there, if we just go for the green. I would bet that you get more Ca that way than you would with your supplement.

About what Emilya said to get your Ca from the GLN system, I also noticed that mixing lower volumes and EC for feeding gave issues.
Maybe because I’m stoned, I don’t follow what you mean. Can you explain?

Well, whatever I did at least didn't make it worse. Both plants are making more trichomes and are both still getting a bit taller and their buds are slowly filling in. I am hoping Amnesia's buds are going to put some bulk on. OG's flowers are developing. Both were ready for feeding this afternoon, so Amnesia got 5.5g/gal MC and .5g/gal Bud explosion and OG Kush got 6.25g/gal MC and .5g/gal bud explosion.

My little dwarf CBD still isn't putting out many trichomes :( hopefully it will catch up.

Amnesia:

IMG_0295.jpg

Flower

IMG_0296.jpg

OG Kush:

IMG_0297.jpg

Her Flowers:

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality. I still haven't fixed the camera on my iPhone and trying to hold an iPad still for pics is challenging.

Back
Top Bottom