Rickster Has Amnesia: CBD & Maybe OG Kush?

The OG is a beauty but the Amnesia is killing it!
Thank you! I used some of the training tips I learned from you to help her get that way. I think she is going to take some time though. Those buds have a long way to go. At least I hope they do.

Hey folks, can I get an opinion from the megacrop folks @Emilya @InTheShed or @MrSauga on this Amnesia. So, there is still further advancement of the calcium deficiency signs, but as you can see, there is also tip burn, so I did up the last feeding from 5.25 to 5.5g/gal and would consider going up to 5.75 next feed if I wasn't worried that the tip burn means I'm giving too much. What do you all think.

IMG_1314.jpg

So, go up some more? Leave it where it is? Back off? I do think that for Amnesia, I might leave off the Bud Explosion since excess P can lock out Ca from what I've read.

thanks for any suggestions!

Hey folks, can I get an opinion from the megacrop folks @Emilya @InTheShed or @MrSauga on this Amnesia. So, there is still further advancement of the calcium deficiency signs, but as you can see, there is also tip burn, so I did up the last feeding from 5.25 to 5.5g/gal and would consider going up to 5.75 next feed if I wasn't worried that the tip burn means I'm giving too much. What do you all think.

IMG_1314.jpg

So, go up some more? Leave it where it is? Back off? I do think that for Amnesia, I might leave off the Bud Explosion since excess P can lock out Ca from what I've read.

thanks for any suggestions!
I think you still need to learn to tell the difference between a tip burn and a deficiency/lockout. It looks to me that at this moment you are over the edge of the needed base MC, and you are now locking out K. This is not a tip burn, it is the plant using up stored potassium. You can tell the difference by noting the elongated necrosis at the leaf tips, along with complaints along the leaf margins. A burn typically just kills a small little triangle at the tip. I also agree with you about stopping the BE until you find the correct base level for the MC, without the outside Ca supplement. Using GLN nutrients means you must find the right balance, or something will show up in the leaves.

I think you still need to learn to tell the difference between a tip burn and a deficiency/lockout. It looks to me that at this moment you are over the edge of the needed base MC, and you are now locking out K. This is not a tip burn, it is the plant using up stored potassium. You can tell the difference by noting the elongated necrosis at the leaf tips, along with complaints along the leaf margins. A burn typically just kills a small little triangle at the tip. I also agree with you about stopping the BE until you find the correct base level for the MC, without the outside Ca supplement. Using GLN nutrients means you must find the right balance, or something will show up in the leaves.

So just to clarify, I should go back down on megacrop? Back to 5.25? or lower?

Thanks for helping. I am indeed still trying to learn how to read things on the plant.

Manchester?

Close. Hull (or 'ull as they say) if you've ever heard of that. In Yorkshire. When we go there and she gets together with her friends and family with really strong northern accents I can barely understand them at times. I love visiting England, except I always have to go without any :bongrip: while I'm there.

Well, both OG Kush and Amnesia got fed today. OG doesn’t look any worse, so it got another 6.25g/gal megacrop and Amnesia got 5.5g/gal megacrop. Amnesia still isn’t terrible, but it has gotten a bit worse. Trying to be patient, but I wish I knew what was going on. I did not have these troubles on my first grow. I had a different light and used fox farms trio. Maybe next grow I go back to fox farms? Can an LED light cause any of these issues? I would think if it was the light, I wouldn’t get this far without already seeing problems right?

I would say that you still have not found the correct MC level for Amnesia yet, but be patient... if problems persist into the next watering, lower it a bit more.

So, you're thinking I have a toxicity and not a deficiency then? I wish I knew how to read these plants better. I'm not sure the OG Kush isn't worse today as well. It has burned tips, but still looks paler than the Amnesia and the Ca deficiency (?) spots are a bit worse today.

Both plants have all their damage at the topmost leaves where there is the most light. I don't know if that means anything to you. I so suffer from anxiety as well as some other issues, but it's hard for me to relax when there is a problem in my life that I can't seem to sort out, so this drives me crazy.

OG Kush
IMG_1316.jpg

Amnesia:

IMG_1317.jpg

What do you think? My phone is not working great, but these were both taken at the same time under the LED light, so perhaps going by the color, the OG is still deficient (despite the brown tips) ad the Amnesia is perhaps getting too much MC. Is that what you see? Or do you think something else? Looking for any opinions. I know sometimes folks have different opinions and nothing replaces seeing the plant in person, but I'm still so new at this that I need any and all ideas. @Emilya @MrSauga @InTheShed ??

Thanks all!

Thanks!

Where there is more light, there is more photosynthesis, and a greater nutrient need. It makes perfect sense that these are the areas that first show problems.

MC is set up to be perfectly balanced in our cannabis plants. If you are giving too much MC, you are giving too much of several things all at once, and it WILL lock out other things. Study Mulder's chart of interactions for clues as to how these interactions work.

Once you get the proper amount (the amount the plant actually needs) going into the plant, there will no longer be lockouts. GLN uses two major markers so you can visually see what is going on. If you are giving too little MC, you can see it in the color of the leaves. The green you want is exactly the green shown on the plant in the background of this page. If yours is lighter, you aren't giving enough. If it is darker, you are giving too much.

Once in bloom, the second marker comes into play. If you are giving too much, the excess N, MG, and Ca will easily lock out K and you will see the classic signs of a potassium deficiency in elongated tip necrosis and damage on the margins of the top sun leaves, where there is more light. If you are giving too little, along with the light color you can get circular spotting in the upper leaves, indicating a Ca deficiency.

If you are supplementing the MC further, using BE or SC, a second lockout can occur, with phosphorus. Too much K, from the supplement added to the base load of MC, can lock out P. The signs of this are crinkled middles of the top and bottom leaves, with necrosis setting in in the middle of the leaf in the worst cases.

Watching for these markers can help you balance your MC and your use of supplements. You just need to know how to look for the markers, and understand what they are telling you when you see them.

Where there is more light, there is more photosynthesis, and a greater nutrient need. It makes perfect sense that these are the areas that first show problems.

MC is set up to be perfectly balanced in our cannabis plants. If you are giving too much MC, you are giving too much of several things all at once, and it WILL lock out other things. Study Mulder's chart of interactions for clues as to how these interactions work.

Once you get the proper amount (the amount the plant actually needs) going into the plant, there will no longer be lockouts. GLN uses two major markers so you can visually see what is going on. If you are giving too little MC, you can see it in the color of the leaves. The green you want is exactly the green shown on the plant in the background of this page. If yours is lighter, you aren't giving enough. If it is darker, you are giving too much.

Once in bloom, the second marker comes into play. If you are giving too much, the excess N, MG, and Ca will easily lock out K and you will see the classic signs of a potassium deficiency in elongated tip necrosis and damage on the margins of the top sun leaves, where there is more light. If you are giving too little, along with the light color you can get circular spotting in the upper leaves, indicating a Ca deficiency.

If you are supplementing the MC further, using BE or SC, a second lockout can occur, with phosphorus. Too much K, from the supplement added to the base load of MC, can lock out P. The signs of this are crinkled middles of the top and bottom leaves, with necrosis setting in in the middle of the leaf in the worst cases.

Watching for these markers can help you balance your MC and your use of supplements. You just need to know how to look for the markers, and understand what they are telling you when you see them.

Can I just say that you are amazing. Seriously, I know there are probably dozens of people asking for your help and you give great answers. So, thank you for that thorough explanation. Your last sentence is the key though. Learning to read the plant for me is difficult. So looking at my Amnesia, from pictures I've seen, the browning looks more like Ca deficiency than K def, but you have more experience than I. So go down next feeding?

Can I just say that you are amazing. Seriously, I know there are probably dozens of people asking for your help and you give great answers. So, thank you for that thorough explanation. Your last sentence is the key though. Learning to read the plant for me is difficult. So looking at my Amnesia, from pictures I've seen, the browning looks more like Ca deficiency than K def, but you have more experience than I. So go down next feeding?
look more closely at the elongated tip necrosis, even to the point of curling. Ca tends to be mined from random spots in the middle of the leaf, not the edges. Most of your damage is tips and edges. This looks to me like K is not getting through.

So, OG got 6.5g/gal yesterday and today looks about the same, which is to say no more brown spots than before and the newest growth is spot free and still a tiny bit pale. Amnesia got 5.2g/gal and today looks a little bit worse than yesterday. This is just an update so I can refer to later. I know after just feeding yesterday that I won't see any effect on the plant yet. Fingers crossed the dying sugar leaves on top will stop dying.

About what Emilya said to get your Ca from the GLN system, I also noticed that mixing lower volumes and EC for feeding gave issues.
So, I am running megacrop with the little balls and I see their newest version has it all powdered and has more Ca and Mg. I only mix a gallon at a time, is that what this comment refers to? Are my nutrients all out of whack because of that? It’s only $30 for a new bag, so I’ve ordered the latest stuff. I am stressing because the brown spots on the center of some of the sugar leaves has spread throughout the leaf and they are cracking off.

So, I am running megacrop with the little balls and I see their newest version has it all powdered and has more Ca and Mg. I only mix a gallon at a time, is that what this comment refers to? Are my nutrients all out of whack because of that? It’s only $30 for a new bag, so I’ve ordered the latest stuff. I am stressing because the brown spots on the center of some of the sugar leaves has spread throughout the leaf and they are cracking off.

Back
Top Bottom