Rickster Has Amnesia: CBD & Maybe OG Kush?

So, I am running megacrop with the little balls and I see their newest version has it all powdered and has more Ca and Mg. I only mix a gallon at a time, is that what this comment refers to? Are my nutrients all out of whack because of that? It’s only $30 for a new bag, so I’ve ordered the latest stuff. I am stressing because the brown spots on the center of some of the sugar leaves has spread throughout the leaf and they are cracking off.
Wish I had advice for you but loving the advice you're getting. Following along

I'm giving 6g/gal on the OG and 5g/gal on the Amnesia. I got my new Megacrop and am not happy. Still full of little white balls!! Grr. Their website says the balls are gone and everything is ground up and that isn't the case. It's a bit frustrating because I still have 90% of my 2500g bag and only ordered this to be rid of the balls and have a more consistent mixture.

OK, haven't done an update in a while. Both plants were showing both signs of N toxicity and continuing Ca deficiency, so despite warnings from people I respect immensely, I have added Calmag and a bit of ProTekt Si supplement. I also lowered Megacrop to 5.0 for Amnesia and 5.75 for OG. Since then, the leaves that were affected seem to continuing to slowly look worse, but I really don't see any new leaves showing bad signs. Amnesia is starting to look close, but I am still hoping for her flowers to bulk up a bit. Maybe being a nearly pure sativa, that won't happen. OG is getting some very fat colas, but it's hard to see with all the leaves, despite my pruning. CBD just continues to sit in the corner and survive.

I sent off an unhappy email to greenleaf, but they haven't replied.

Amnesia:

IMG_1323.jpg

Her lower branches look pathetic because they are jammed against the side of the tent and getting no light. The tent is quite over stuffed.
Her flowers are developing but not bulking up like other strains I have grown:

IMG_1326.jpg

OG Kush is quite a full bush, but not stretching much:

IMG_1329.jpg

Her flowers are much bulkier, but it's hard to see:

IMG_1327.jpg

Tent shot showing the crowded conditions for a 2'x4' tent:

IMG_1330.jpg

Happy Growing!

Looks like it's going to be a terrific harvest Rick! :thumb:
N toxicity
I have added Calmag
Doesn't your calmag have N in it? Most are at least 2-0-0 and some are 4-0-0.
I sent off an unhappy email to greenleaf, but they haven't replied.
You might have to run the reply through the GLN → English translator. ;)
Her flowers are developing but not bulking up like other strains I have grown:
Loads of time left on that plant!
OG Kush is quite a full bush, but not stretching much:
Isn't stretch long over for OGK?

Looks like it's going to be a terrific harvest Rick! :thumb:

Doesn't your calmag have N in it? Most are at least 2-0-0 and some are 4-0-0.

You might have to run the reply through the GLN → English translator. ;)

Loads of time left on that plant!

Isn't stretch long over for OGK?

Thank you!
Yeah, there is N in it and I wish there weren’t. I am cutting back on the mega crop though and may go down further. Just adding more megacrop wasn’t helping the calcium deficiency but adding calmag seems to have, so I’ll lower mc a bit more to make up for the increase in N in the cal mag. I’m sure stretch is over fo OG, although Amnesia kept stretching well into flower. Indica vs sativa I’m sure.:ganjamon::ganjamon:

Little update:

I don't know what it is with megacrop. I emailed them about the new bag I bought and they basically told me if I didn't want the little balls that I should grind them up myself. Thanks a lot. Even if I could grind them up, I'd have to grind the whole batch of them and it is so hydrophilic that it would soak up all the moisture in the air before I was done I think.

Anyway, I finally got tired of more brown spots showing up in the middle of the leaves indicating Ca deficiency, while at the same time seeing tip burn signifying excess N. So adding more Megacrop was just not going to be the answer. I top dressed both plants with two table spoons of powdered dolomite lime and soaked it in with a feeding. That was on Wednesday's feeding when I saw more signs of Ca deficiency and more burned tips. I am also adding botanicare Cal/mag and backed off on the megacrop. Since then, I see no new signs of Ca deficiency and a slowing down of tip burn, and the plants seem to be responding with renewed growth and trichome development. I have read that FFOF soil often times is acidic, but I can't get a decent soil sample to do a slurry test. Both plants have such dense roots that I really can't get any soil much below the surface. So perhaps the dolomite lime with regulate the soil pH and give the plants the calcium and magnesium they seem to be needing. Anyway, the plants seem to be responding.

Amnesia:
IMG_1334.jpg

Close up of her flower:

IMG_1335.jpg

OG Kush is getting really frosty:

IMG_1336.jpg

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Both look like they've produced well, and I'd be happy with those results myself. Nice job.

Thank you sir! I do think I'll get a good harvest of nice bud. I do get envious of the folks who seem to never get a sign of any deficiencies or toxicities, but the end product is the same. I have to go out of town for a few days next weekend and I'll have to trust my wife to feed them. Amnesia is getting close too. Hopefully she'll go at least through the 14th. CBD is looking ready as well.

Thank you sir! I do think I'll get a good harvest of nice bud. I do get envious of the folks who seem to never get a sign of any deficiencies or toxicities, but the end product is the same.
It's always hard to compare one's grow to another's. There could be several reasons why it may or may not happen that is beyond your control. The yield's look like they'll be great and they frosted up nicely, not to mention the bulking. Pretty is nice, but whatever you did worked and maybe it was just non-recoverable damage to those leaves.

Little update:

I don't know what it is with megacrop. I emailed them about the new bag I bought and they basically told me if I didn't want the little balls that I should grind them up myself. Thanks a lot. Even if I could grind them up, I'd have to grind the whole batch of them and it is so hydrophilic that it would soak up all the moisture in the air before I was done I think.

Anyway, I finally got tired of more brown spots showing up in the middle of the leaves indicating Ca deficiency, while at the same time seeing tip burn signifying excess N. So adding more Megacrop was just not going to be the answer. I top dressed both plants with two table spoons of powdered dolomite lime and soaked it in with a feeding. That was on Wednesday's feeding when I saw more signs of Ca deficiency and more burned tips. I am also adding botanicare Cal/mag and backed off on the megacrop. Since then, I see no new signs of Ca deficiency and a slowing down of tip burn, and the plants seem to be responding with renewed growth and trichome development. I have read that FFOF soil often times is acidic, but I can't get a decent soil sample to do a slurry test. Both plants have such dense roots that I really can't get any soil much below the surface. So perhaps the dolomite lime with regulate the soil pH and give the plants the calcium and magnesium they seem to be needing. Anyway, the plants seem to be responding.

Amnesia:
IMG_1334.jpg

Close up of her flower:

IMG_1335.jpg

OG Kush is getting really frosty:

IMG_1336.jpg

Have a great Sunday everyone!
It looked like the amnesia was still packing on some size there to me! Nice and frosty is always good lol

Friday update:

Amnesia looks like it's getting close. She pretty much has all brown pistils and a few foxtails. The trichomes are mostly cloudy with a few amber starting to show up. I'll need to look at trichomes every feed now. Maybe a week left.
OG Kush is making football size colas, even if there aren't as many as on the Amnesia. The trichomes on her are actually showing both more clear and more amber than the Amnesia, but I want a narcotic effect from this, so she'll probably go two more weeks.

Amnesia:
IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

amnesiatrich.jpg

OG Kush:

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

ogtrich.jpg

And my poor little afterthought CBD plant is coming down tomorrow. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Beautiful towers starting to get their lean on! Nice work :thumb:
I finally got tired of more brown spots showing up in the middle of the leaves indicating Ca deficiency, while at the same time seeing tip burn signifying excess N. So adding more Megacrop was just not going to be the answer.
That's a similar issue I was talking about in my post here in MC thread.
I can't get a decent soil sample to do a slurry test.
I had to roll down the fabric, and got halfway down the outside to get a sample for my slurry tests. No way to get one from anywhere else.

Mini update:

And then there were two. I took down the little dwarf CBD plant yesterday. At least what she had was dense and smelled amazing. Probably end up with a bit more than an ounce of dried flower. That will be good for making some gummies and even some CBD cream for my back. I put it in paper bags and popped them in the crisper area of my side by side fridge and am trying to do the "Low and Slow" dry method. Didn't have time to check them this morning, so I'll check at lunch. I do worry about mold but people say it won't mold as long as the temp and humidity is right. I am at 36F and 40% RH in there, so it should be good. That said, I have had cheese grow moldy at those temps. Maybe that's from spores already present in the cheese??

Anyway, Amnesia and CBD don't look much different, but they are enjoying having more room in the tent. The two of them still take up the entire 2x4 tent. They're not ready yet, but it won't be long.

In the early days of the low and slow thread, the buds were put in glass jars with screening on top. Folks found that there wasn't enough moisture transfer with the buds stacked in the glass, so they went with paper bags. That provided just a single layer of buds that were also in contact with the paper, allowing the moisture to move from the buds to the paper to the air circulating in the fridge and out during the defrosting sessions. I'd make sure the bags are where there is good airflow rather than someplace isolated from the rest of the fridge.

Cheese is solid and kept in plastic, so it never dries. The bud will lose its moisture over the low and slow period where cheese doesn't.

In the early days of the low and slow thread, the buds were put in glass jars with screening on top. Folks found that there wasn't enough moisture transfer with the buds stacked in the glass, so they went with paper bags. That provided just a single layer of buds that were also in contact with the paper, allowing the moisture to move from the buds to the paper to the air circulating in the fridge and out during the defrosting sessions. I'd make sure the bags are where there is good airflow rather than someplace isolated from the rest of the fridge.

Cheese is solid and kept in plastic, so it never dries. The bud will lose its moisture over the low and slow period where cheese doesn't.
Do you prefer the bags or just placed on racks? I did racks the first time, thinking of doing bags this time as it seems more common. I bought a small fridge just for low and slow last grow ha

Back
Top Bottom