Indoor or outdoor? - indoor
Soil or Hydro? - hydro
Size of light? - 1000w running at 600w
Is it aircooled? - yes
Temp of Room? - 73F
RH of Room? - 45%
PH of media or res? - 5.8/6.0
Any Pests ? - none
Type and strength of ferts used? - Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect MGB, and Hydroguard

The Bubble Kush Autos have both been harvested and that journal will be completed soon, so it's time for a new one. I have two Amnesia Lemon growing already. One has already been cut back in a semi flux, the other is struggling. She is about 3 weeks behind the larger one. My exhaust fan went down for a day and she suffered some heat damage. Deja vu? lol I'll post some pictures as soon as I get a chance.

Just finished the final trim and jarring of my first grow. (Link in sig.) Slightly over 18 zips from two Bubble Kush Autos. That's enough to get me through the rest of the year. :thumb:

Ergo I'm going to let these two go long in the veg state before flipping. The larger one is coming along nicely, the younger one not so much. The day my exhaust system malfunctioned, the heat hurt her. She is recovering, but is a full month behind her sister. Good thing I'm not in a hurry.

Water change and limb breaking day. <sigh> Water change went fine, no surprises until... broke one of the main growing shoots off of LA1. Not just broke, but snapped clean through holding by a hair, while trying to bend it out flat. Taped it up, but it isn't looking good. On the up side little LA2 has recovered somewhat and should take off soon. Already having some heat issues with the weather changes. Counting forward and anticipating a brutal Summer, I may cut veg short and wrap it all up until Oct. Having enough to last me until then helps, but man it is discouraging to make a mistake like this.

Enjoy the pics and your weekend. Peace.

Well well well. Picked up some PH 7.0 cal solution today. My Hannah was reading 8.8 Wow, it's a wonder I was able to grow anything. Pen is calibrated now.

LA1 did not take to the tape repair. Sadly one side has taken a big hit. Oh well, at least the PH will be correct from now on.

Looks like a bit of a Zinc or Iron deficiency or lockout maybe due to your pH being out of wack. How's everything growing?

Definitely a ph problem. Buckets tested at 3.9 and 4.1 Both are now freshly filled with distilled h2o, nutes, hydroguard, and ph at 5.8 An added bonus, I now know my tap water actually has a ph of 7.1, and ppm of 162. I'll save quite a bit on ph down now too. It took less than 3ml to bring it to 5.8, where I was using almost 12ml every time.

Lesson:Make sure your tools are calibrated regularly.

My last harvest was very nice, but I wonder how much nicer it could have been if I had taken the time to calibrate my pens earlier instead of relying on them to be correct from the manufacturer. If you are counting that is three lessons learned the hard way since I've started growing. 1.) Be aware of the heat/humidity/ventilation on young plants. 2.) Check ph often and adjust accordingly. E.) Be aware of the heat/humidity/ventilation on young plants. 3.) Make adjustments from known measurements, not assumed measurements...calibrate, calibrate!

So what if that is four, I had to learn that lesson twice. Hope you learn from my mistakes. :laughtwo: Enjoy your week everyone, I'll be back with some pics on Friday.
--
Peace

Awesome thread! I read through your last grow non-stop. Definitely inspirational... I can only hope that my upcoming first grow goes half as good as yours!

Attempted a FIM on seven of the nine tips on LA1 today. The other two just weren't ready yet. The plan right now is to let her recover and grow "x" number of growing shoots while LA2 catches up for another 7 to 10 days, then flip them to 12/12. I have enough meds to last until late in the year, & I don't feel like fighting the heat, nor tying up lots of time gardening and all of it's chores when I could be doing outdoor activities.

Then again.....I might just kill them now, pack the mule and head off into the mountains for some camping and fishing until Oct.

Why not head into the mountains with them where the soil is fresh and abundant and not worry about them while you're away? :)

Haven't seen anyone transition a plant with that many roots from hydro into soil. Would be neat to see, then again I've never looked..

It's Friday and since I'm not doing a water change today, I'm just posting pics. Not a lot to tell really. LA1 is in the process of recovery from the attempted FIMs, & LA2 has shaken off the heat stress and began to grow.

Not sure this grow is going to make it to a glorious end. The outside temps and my old farmhouse are going to conspire against me. Fingers crossed. Enjoy your weekend and be safe everyone.
--
Peace

LA1

LA2

Water change today. LA1 recovered from the topping and has a total of 21 growing shoots. LA2 is almost 10" tall with 2 tips. The fight against temps continues. I am finding it hard to keep the tent temps below 80. Therefore after lights out tonight they'll be in the dark until Sunday pm. I'll start 12/12 Sunday evening with the "on" cycle during the night time. I truly do not expect to make it to harvest without root rot & other heat related problems so I'm going to try and just get to the end and wait until Autumn to start grow #3. Current picture below. Have a great weekend everyone. Peace.

Back
Top Bottom