Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

Chop, chop, chop ! :woohoo: The Remo fed MBAP are down for the count. Both have been chopped and are on the drying rack already. The AN girls are on deck for later today or in the morning.

So far the count is 1251g wet bud. ;)

Which nutrient line was easier to use?
...asks the perpetually lazy gardener.

I reckon it comes down to how many bottles, or how many droppers full you want to use to measure "easy". Advanced advertises pH perfect and it works. I can run an entire grow and never check pH or ppm when I run Advanced. Remo does not make that claim but being the lazy bum that I am, I ignored pH the same as I do with AN. So that's a tie. :)

The entire Remo line is seven bottles, and the feeding schedule calls for six of them to be used at each water change, and I ran them at 32ml each per bucket. I only used the base m,g,b, big bud/overdrive, and rhinoskin with AN @ 24ml each per bucket. The Stiltons currently only get the AN m,g,b. Using a 3ml dropper Advanced takes that fight.

Cost is comparable depending on where purchased. Another tie.

I still have one more to chop tomorrow, but I expect it to be slightly larger than the rest unless it's a lot of fluff underneath. For arguments sake we'll predict yeild is equal.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Just realized I'm rambling. The SSDC hit me hard tonight. :tokin: Bottom line, if you can get past buying your nutrients from a marketing company, AN three part is the easiest thing I've found. But Remo works as well if you have the time to spend twice as long measuring nutrients. ;)

All that goes out the window with 3g osmo+ to each L of perlite. Or so I've heard. :biglaugh:

All that goes out the window with 3g osmo+ to each L of perlite. Or so I've heard. :biglaugh:

Indeed... but Tead wants to remind himself of what a liquid nutrient grow looks like and how it will perform.... so I'm stretching around a touch watchin the liquid grows and askin questions.

Oh man... my SSDC is smack dab in the middle of sexy budding. Last run she was a huge producer... let's hope!

The MBAP is on racks, and It won't take long to dry either. Below freezing and single digits for a week now, and the wood stove has it awfully dry in the house. <shrug> Can't be helped.

The large tent has been turned and is ready for four more girls. I've got seeds in paper towels already. Four out of a Sweet Seeds mystery mix. The only thing left in the tent right now are the DDAs in the waste basket hempy. :) Day 75ish on the large one :rofl: and I couldn't tell you on the little girl. I do know the little one has perked way up since her transplant. BTW, the large one hasn't been watered since being planted as a seed. :yikes: Oh yeah, that is two lights you see over them, nothing else running why not double up. :biglaugh:

I switched to Flying Skull dry nutes. It's formulated for commercial growers so it's very economical to use. I mix nutes in 30 gallon batches to feed my two RDWC reservoirs through float valves. I hate mixing nutes in small batches. DWC would drive me insane. I'm way too lazy to tend to individual plants. Might not work for ya though, Rifleman, because... you have to pH it.

I switched to Flying Skull dry nutes. It's formulated for commercial growers so it's very economical to use. I mix nutes in 30 gallon batches to feed my two RDWC reservoirs through float valves. I hate mixing nutes in small batches. DWC would drive me insane. I'm way too lazy to tend to individual plants. Might not work for ya though, Rifleman, because... you have to pH it.

If I ever have enough room to run eight or more plants together I think rdwc would be my route. pH is much easier to control in a 30 gallon reservoir than a 4 gallon bucket. If their nutrients are as good as the Z7, then Flying Skull has their stuff together. Love the Z7, it keeps my buckets much cleaner than before.

Individual buckets aren't too bad though. It's straight water to top off during the week, and about 20 minutes once a week to mix fresh buckets. The rest of the time is Lazy Grower chores like grinding some more, rolling joints, and getting medicated. :)

Hahaha! That's just what I'm doing at the moment. Loading up the bong as we speak. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hahaha! That's just what I'm doing at the moment. Loading up the bong as we speak. :cheesygrinsmiley:

What a coinky-dink Sue. I just finished with the tent chores and am going to spark my first one of the day. :passitleft: Yep, I'm running late. :) There was a lot to do this morning.

Final dry weight of the MBAP is in: AN pulled 257g, and Remo was 248g. A total of 505g dry, and I mean dry. Dry like bleached bones. It crumbles when I touch it dry. :rofl: It won't taste worth a crap, but it'll keep me going for a while... AND I won't have to use my grinder. :rofl:

The two year old mystery beans from Sweet Seeds all cracked within 24 hours, and are now in netpots as I await their arrival. They will be named "MX 1-4" Hopefully we'll see sprouts by Tuesday. ;)

That's my Sunday. What is everyone else doing ? :Namaste:

I finished jarring the MBAP this morning. It is crisp. :rollingeyes: I love my wood stove, but it isn't good for harvest time. After the process of jarring I found myself with a mountain of shake so I did my best to stuff as much of it as would fit into a ZigZag 1.25 I flicked my bic and blazed a fat white football of lung filling goodness. :rollit:

Holy Shit ! I spent the next two minutes trying to keep my lungs in my chest while simultaneously attempting to avoid a rupture. :cough::cough::cough: The combination of spontaneous combustion and personal dumb-assery would have made for good video. I was not ready for that. The smoke itself is light, crisp, nearly menthol like. That's as close as i can come to describing the ease in which a massive hit can be taken before you know it.... menthol. Whew. Heavy hitting head high. Great for meditation.

I can see having some fun with this. :bongrip::loopy:

I finished jarring the MBAP this morning. It is crisp. :rollingeyes: I love my wood stove, but it isn't good for harvest time. After the process of jarring I found myself with a mountain of shake so I did my best to stuff as much of it as would fit into a ZigZag 1.25 I flicked my bic and blazed a fat white football of lung filling goodness. :rollit:

Holy Shit ! I spent the next two minutes trying to keep my lungs in my chest while simultaneously attempting to avoid a rupture. :cough::cough::cough: The combination of spontaneous combustion and personal dumb-assery would have made for good video. I was not ready for that. The smoke itself is light, crisp, nearly menthol like. That's as close as i can come to describing the ease in which a massive hit can be taken before you know it.... menthol. Whew. Heavy hitting head high. Great for meditation.

I can see having some fun with this. :bongrip::loopy:

I visited a buddy at Christmas and he had a couple of pulse oximeters laying around for me to play with. My heart rate normally around 80. I checked recently after having one of those :cough::cough::cough: sessions and it was 105 or something like that. Anyway....I love a cough body rush with the right medication of course.

With the right medication, of course. :battingeyelashes:

Lucas, have you considered dropping slices of Apple into your jars to lift the humidity levels? Just a thought that traipsed across my brain as I read of your dilemma.

Menthol-like, huh? I don't think that's one I've come across before. :laughtwo: It should make for smooth-smoking buds though. :high-five:

With the right medication, of course. :battingeyelashes:

Lucas, have you considered dropping slices of Apple into your jars to lift the humidity levels? Just a thought that traipsed across my brain as I read of your dilemma.

Menthol-like, huh? I don't think that's one I've come across before. :laughtwo: It should make for smooth-smoking buds though. :high-five:

I use the slightest little touch of a citrus skin. Just a tiny bit.
Doesn't happen often, but since I dry in front of a dehumidifier I can sometimes get carried away.

........Lucas, have you considered dropping slices of Apple into your jars to lift the humidity levels? Just a thought that traipsed across my brain as I read of your dilemma.

I use the slightest little touch of a citrus skin. Just a tiny bit.
Doesn't happen often, but since I dry in front of a dehumidifier I can sometimes get carried away.

I've got Boveda packs in with it. I'd worry about mold with fruit. :)

I took the loope down to the Stiltons last night. It appears #2 has a large amount of amber, while the others are still in the clear to cloudy phase. Reckon I'll chop her today. I was hoping to fatten her up some more but that's not going to happen. ;)

I'll let y'all know how it turns out later today. :passitleft:

Hey Riffle if you ever get a chance to snag some Gold Glue #24 its definitely a new fav of mine.

Thanks Dealer. I'll keep my eyes open for some. :)

I guess I jinxed myself saying we'd have sprouts by today. It's true, there are sprouts. But one of them came up with NO leaves. I don't think they were eaten by anything, but this morning there was just a stem poking up from the media. The other three are strutting right along.

I'm chopping the #2 Stilton right now. By my count that frees up two buckets, three if I replace the stem. I'll have to start a couple more seeds to make my yearly quota. :rofl:

Great numbers on that MBAP! Bummer about the humidity. Im fighting it now too. Had to jar some stuff early so it wouldnt crisp on me, so ive been juggling jars all week making sure they dont get too moist. Theyre good now and i have em in with some bovedas. What a thing they are, those bovedas, huh?
You may have said but what do they smell like when they are full flower? Ive read some of the descriptions of Mephisto gear and it sounds amazing.
I have to add... Im really liking this hempy thing. I swapped out my AN for some maxibloom and some K, CaMg and P powders from NPK and i like the way its all coming together. Thinking it could really be a benefit to your "off" season. Its nice not having to worry that some warm water is gonna make my girls sick.

Diddya ever wonder what picture should be in the dictionary for the word "anticipation"?
I might suggest an SSDC based photograph... just sayin.

S20180112_0013.jpg

Back
Top Bottom