Rinight10, Soil, RQS Critical Grow Journal 2019

Rinight10

420 Member
Hi, this is my first grow journal post so sorry if it's not formatted correctly.

Pot size- 12L but only has about 8 L of soil inside
Medium- 90% soil 10% perlite
Light- MARS 300W LED
Nutrients- Biobizz grow
Strain- Critical by RQS 60% Indica, 40% Sativa

Just starting the 6th week of veg, started LST a couple days ago after topping about 2 weeks ago. Just trimmed off a lot of fan leaves for better light penetration to the lower nodes. Planning on vegging about a month longer and Schwazzing just before the switch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    671.4 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    685.8 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    560.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    680.1 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    656 KB · Views: 95
Looking good,Rinight10

Keep doing what you've been doing and you should end up with a beauty!

One question-why didn't you fill the 12 liter pot? (more soil=more root space=bigger plant/ yield)

I've done it too- Plant starts growing great,and notice the soil level is down to 3/4 capacity.
I just pack it in a little tighter initially,seems to help,although it will still "settle in" a bit.
Don't worry about it-she may get so big you'll need to up-pot anyway :)

Yeh, critical is meant to get pretty big I think. Do you think it's worth reporting pre-emptively or waiting till it's necessary?

She'll get bigger in a larger pot-and you don't really want to wait till you notice she's stopped growing,then up-pot her.
I would do it now,if it were my plant-
It'll also be a little easier to do it while she's still fairly small.
That's what I'd do,but it's ultimately up to you-she'll do fine either way,just a bit better in more soil.

Ok nice thanks man, it's a 12L pot so do you think I should I just take her out and out a but more soil in and plant her back in or buy a 16L or something? I'm pretty sure it's fine either way but I'm new to this so best to check I guess haha. :)

Well,since you're going to do it,may as well go with a 16 liter-the more room for roots,the merrier!
Just be sure to leave some room for watering.
She'll thank you for it later!

Yeh that's a good call , just ordered a 16L pot and some perlite. I'm a little worried it will be a bit risky due to how big the plant is now and I'm not sure if the roots are quite dense enough to hold all the soil. I'm sure Itll be alright anyway.

Back
Top Bottom