Ripe1 Grow2 Lunar Planting NYC Turbo Diesel & Cheese CFL & LED In Soil

Nah, true redneck would have been "them thar stems..."!

When are you culling?

I think a week and we should see what the undergrowth is doing. I am going to top some tops tonight or tomorrow. I want to keep them a little tighter like NYCTD1. I'll post some pics of what I am thinking for the shape before the ScroG® Transplant around the 25th.

I think a week and we should see what the undergrowth is doing. I am going to top some tops tonight or tomorrow. I want to keep them a little tighter like NYCTD1. I'll post some pics of what I am thinking for the shape before the ScroG® Transplant around the 25th.

Wait, you're not culling for another week of growth? Choices may change!

Also, I'm pretty sure that scrog is not trademarked ;)

Wait, you're not culling for another week of growth? Choices may change!

Also, I'm pretty sure that scrog is not trademarked ;)

That's true. I wasn't thinking Cheese5, again, because of the weak stems below. Everybody that has voted has voted for her. That tells me that more experienced growers are all seeing something that I wasn't putting as much weight on, and that is the shape. NYCTD4 is strong and it is the only one that didn't get a vote except for mine. What is really tripping me out, is how the ones that I damaged in training got a vote. My interest in those has been piqued. I am trying to give away the ones I am not keeping. I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of friends. Should I rid them now?

Maybe not the shape, maybe compactness or something. I not sure. That's why I'd like to see it.

Thanks for the vote Glauc.:thumb:

Day 52

"Please Water!" said the plant to me this morning. I had a packed morning and couldn't so I'm about to. I did snap some photos before I left. I'm planning some topping. I took the T5 out. I'm not sure that is going to stick though. Even though it is only 4X24 watt bulbs, it made coverage better. If they do good over the next few days with just the 700 watt, then I'll leave it to save a little coin on the electric. Check them out.
Cheese1_52.jpg
Cheese2_52.jpg
NYCTD1_52.jpg
NYCTD4_52.jpg
One_Ring_to_Rule_Them_All.jpg

Day 54

I hope you guys had a good day. Good growing too.

All the new growth is Puke greenish/Yellow. I would think that it is N, but doesn't that start in old growth, not new growth? I guess it could be Sulfur too.
There also seems to be a Ca deficiency. Purple stems too. I can also see some Iron or Phosphorus problems. Would all this mean the PH is off?

To that end, the other Day 52, I flushed & watered because they were droopy. Some of the problems weren't as prevalent yet, mainly the puke color. There was some leaf spots. The next day they were still droopy so I transplanted. I used more Black Gold this time because it has less nutrients in it. I transplanted yesterday and watered with half strength nutes. They perked up before the day was out. Cool. The new growth really opened up and it looks puke green. I keep giving more and more CalMag each feeding, I am at 7ml, full strength on the Grow- 10ml, plus the extras like Weed, Roots & Marine. Yet, there is yellowing and spots! I've seen these problems developing over the past few days.

My distilled water comes at a Ph usually 7.8 or more. Add in all the GH Biothrive stuff and it drops down to 5.3 - 5.6 . I then add 10mls of Ph Up to get it back to around 6.8 or so. I think that may be one of my problems, too much PH shit going in to keep things right. Doesn't that stuff have a bunch of salts or sugars or something in it that's not that good? I think my soil Ph is all fucked. I want to do a slurry test because I still have not. Does it matter that I just transplanted? Should I get the older dirt for the test? Either way, when you have this many problems showing, I've read that it has to be Ph and lockout.

I've read quite a few journals on here and Distilled and RO water in soil seem to be for more advanced folks. A lot of folks seem to have troubles using it unless they are hydro folk. Starting out I thought it was the other way around. I was paranoid of my tap. PPM is 120s and PH is 6.8, which is fine. I just didn't know what the content was. I haven't seen a report on it but have heard we have good water here. It tastes really good. Funny thing is, when you put the GH ferts in it, it doesn't go so low, 6.4 or 6.5. I don't even add Ph up to that. I watered the Auto today so I have had that experience twice. I think I'll just use my tap from here on out. Will the water Ph changing make the soil Ph Change?

Soooo....I'm sort of stuck right now. I just watered with half strength yesterday, so I have to wait to water and feed all while they go putrid green and spotty waiting for something to get right. Crap! Here they are.
Puke_Ring.jpg
NYCTD4_Bites.jpg
NYCTD4_54.jpg
NYCTD14.jpg
Cheese5_spots.jpg
Cheese5_Bites.jpg
Cheese2_Splash.jpg
Cheese2_Puke.jpg
Cheese1_54.jpg

I have a question or so in every paragraph on this one, just try and answer the ones you can or want to. Have a good night or morning, depending on when you see this. Ripe1 Out!

Ph of the water or soil or both?... (obviously) But which did you mean PW?

Hey! ?I missed you guys! Thanks Mr.A! I am going to have to go and see what I need to re-sub to as well. The new layout looks cool. I'm still trying to figure out where everything went, no thank button, bummer. I like the thank button. Oh well. I'm just glad we are all back. The plants are looking better. I think they might have been hungry from the week they got flushed and fed half strength. I hope I don't need to flush again until harvest. If I do I am going to feed full strength afterward. I'll post some pics later.

Hey! ?I missed you guys! Thanks Mr.A! I am going to have to go and see what I need to re-sub to as well. The new layout looks cool. I'm still trying to figure out where everything went, no thank button, bummer. I like the thank button. Oh well. I'm just glad we are all back. The plants are looking better. I think they might have been hungry from the week they got flushed and fed half strength. I hope I don't need to flush again until harvest. If I do I am going to feed full strength afterward. I'll post some pics later.

I am not sure that I should be blowing up the threads to resub to everyone or not. I'll wait and see first now. I did it to like 6 of you guys before I thought it might be rude.

I'd rather have you here than not so thanks. They'll probably get all those bugs fixed within a week or so. If you look up at PW's last post, it's not at all how he left it. Anyhow, don't forget to have a look above at my last pics. I posted them and they took the site down. Pfff! LOL! I still have those questions, always with the Ripe questions.

Well, in the Bible it says thou shalt not watch two le...wait, that's Eminem, to flush and water with a mild, complete fertilizer solution. I won't be doing that again. I've noticed that with my tap water, after adding nutes, it goes from 6.8 or so to 6.4 . Am I wrong in thinking it would be better left at 6.4 than adding 5-10 extra ml of Ph up? I have a suspicion that Ph up and down have a hand in whatever is happening in here. Do they add things to the soil that don't need to be there or react adversely with uptake after so much or long?

Back
Top Bottom