Ripped all my roots off and rootball yet the plant's still going strong!

grino21

Hi everyone had an apsaloute nightmare last night I was re potting from plastic cups to 17l fabric pots and ended up ripping just about all the roots of and the rootball they were only a few left below the seedling will it be okay?

It's still looking healthy 16hrs on leaves are drooping but very green and it's leaning towards the light? I just don't see how it can still be standing after all that!

Hi everyone had an apsaloute nightmare last night I was re potting from plastic cups to 17l fabric pots and ended up ripping just about all the roots of and the rootball they were only a few left below the seedling will it be okay?

It's still looking healthy 16hrs on leaves are drooping but very green and it's leaning towards the light? I just don't see how it can still be standing after all that!

It probably wont show it for 2-3 days... Then it will start feeding on the fan leaves and yellowing them... The hopes is that before it eats all of them it will have grown enough roots to get back to business... If you had nothing wrong with plants before.. theres a decent chance it will rebound but stunted for a bit... I dealt with it from root rot but it didnt work out great for me.....

Good luck on it ...

FE

Okay thanks for the heads up and all my plants was fine before I transplanted. I should of waited for them to dry out abit more the soil was abit moist.
The one I destroyed was the biggest aswell! 2 enormous fan leaves compared to the rest...Just my luck!

Okay thanks for the heads up and all my plants was fine before I transplanted. I should of waited for them to dry out abit more the soil was abit moist.
The one I destroyed was the biggest aswell! 2 enormous fan leaves compared to the rest...Just my luck!

I up-pot a lot and found out that the best time is to wait till the rootball is pot-bound, so it holds together better. You dont want the soil too we or too dry, but damp enough to protect the roots when you starts shaking and squeezing it out of its old pot/cup. Immediately put into new post with a dose of myccho, tamp new soil around it a bit higher than it was previously, then give it a good soak.

It will rest a few days, as its roots recover, then it will start putting out roots and leaves like crazy!

Hi there doing great they were shocked for 2 days but now they're growing again I can see the 2nd set of true leaves coming through looking nice and healthy I shall post a picture!:)
The one I ripped the roots of is in the corner looking miserable the leaves have shrunk and look jagged on the edges no yellowing though. I think it might make it!

And AK I don't have any of these nutes I'm just sticking with ph perfect sensi grow an bloom a and b to keep it simple but thanks for the tips:)

Hi there doing great they were shocked for 2 days but now they're growing again I can see the 2nd set of true leaves coming through looking nice and healthy I shall post a picture!:)
The one I ripped the roots of is in the corner looking miserable the leaves have shrunk and look jagged on the edges no yellowing though. I think it might make it!

And AK I don't have any of these nutes I'm just sticking with ph perfect sensi grow an bloom a and b to keep it simple but thanks for the tips:)

It's all good use what you got... You will prob need cal/mag soon... I am glad things are turning around,, Veg the plants tend to recover well but in flower it becomes ugly....

just be patient..

:peace:

FE

What's cal/mag is that another nute? I thought ph perfect sensi had everything they need
I'm just glad there in the final pots no more stressing. I'm planning on changing to flower when the height of plants are about 18 inches

Calmag is a mix of calcium and magnesium. Plants need this mix thru the entire grow. The most common deficiency I see is a Cal mag
problem.
Your ph perfect sensi part A (veg) has 2% Nitro, 2% cal and 0.6% mag.

So should I always mix part a into my water along with the bloom a and b when in flower?
I was goin to start using nutes on 3rd or 4th week as I'm using canna terra proffesional soil the seedlings are 17 days old

Part A is for veg only, part B is for flowering. No, you dont use both together. Look at the back of each, you'll see 3 numbers. Those represent the % of nutes.
Nitro is good for veg. Nitro is not so good for flowering. Thats why you have A and B. Veg and Flower. But..yes, adding Calmag every other feeding is generally a good thing.
You mix the nutes in your water, then Ph test, then adapt the Ph level if you need too, then water.
Most tend to start off 1/4 strength nutes at first.

Ahhright I just thought the sensi grow a and b was for veg and bloom a and b was for flower. So I should use sensi grow a and sensi bloom a for veg and sensi grow b and sensi bloom b for flower?

20160312_094507.jpg
20160312_094530.jpg

The close up picture is the one that had all its roots ripped. I have a 250w cfl above them I'd put it closer but it needs to cover all of them. There's 5 in total.

Sweet man I've been rotating them daily I'd rather go for a more even plant than just have one side booming. I'm hoping for 3 oz a plant under a 600 hps but for a first timer I think it may be difficult.

With only the one light youre going to have to rotate them. I have 32 lights on 3 plants and I still rotate them.

LOL....Whatever you 'plan'..LOL....prob isnt going to happen. Youre plants will tell YOU wnat they need and when, not the other way around. LOL.
They do look good. Keep posting.
Their very resislient in veg stage. Mistakes will happen, you'll correct and they will respond.
Its fun

They look way too young to have needed a transplant.
The idea of starting in smaller pots/cups is not just to save space and make it easier to water correctly. A smaller pot also helps the plant develop a root ball. Once you have a plant that is root bound, then is the time to up-pot. With dry-ish soil and a good root ball, the process is easy. Give 'em a good knock and they fall right out with all their roots and soil intact.

Btw..at the bottom of this post, in my sig, is a link to how to water your plants..I HIGHLY suggest you read it.
I see your pots. They look big for the sprouts...that might be an issue...but easily overcome if youre careful.
The twop most common errors for noobs like you and me are..
1) Over watering or not watering correctly
2) Cal and mag deficiencies.

You'll prob need calmag sooner or later...get some

Back
Top Bottom