RO water - Supplementing Calcium and Magnesium. What is the ideal ratio and amount?

HaHend

Hi,

I am using RO water and I didn't used calmag or something similar for my plants.

Hence my plants developed deficiencies.

As calmag is not available in my location I bought Canna Mono Nutrients (Separate bottles of Magnesiums and Calcium).

I read that the Calcium to Magnesium ratio is not optimal in calmag and I was wondering what the ideal ratio is.

I am also wondering how much "ml" Calcium and Magnesium I have to supplement for one gallon or liter?

I could also work with EC values if you can state any.

Currently I am using Advanced Nutrients 3-part in 3-2-1 ratio, EC 1.2, shortly before switching to flower.

Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus recipe: (use up to 5ml/gallon - 1,3ml/l)

Total Nitrogen (N) ..... 2.0%
Calcium (Ca) ..... 3.2%
Magnesium (Mg) ..... 1.2%

So botanicare is using a 3:1 ratio (more or less)

Canna Mono Calcium: 15% calcium (Ca) and is chloride-free (use 1-2ml/l)
Canna Mono Magnesium: 7% MgO and 14% SO3 (use 1-2ml/l)

So if I want to use the Botanicare recipe with Canna Mono Nutrients I only need to use 0.21ml/l of Calcium and 0,22ml Magnesium as the Canna Mono Nutrients have a much higher concentration.

If you compare the Canna recipe with the Botanicare one it is suggesting to use 4,7x times more calcium and 5,8x more magnesium?

Isn't that a bit excessive?

I hope you can help me.

Re: RO water - Supplementing Calcium and Magnesium. What is the ideal ratio and amoun

I use general hydroponics cal/mag. I never add the suggested amount, but my plant hasn't seemed to mind 4x what I normally give it. I read plants can handle hard water, containing a lot of calcium. I tend to go by how my leaves look and worry more about my ph. If the leaves seem cal deficient I add a bit more.

Look on google for pics of deficiencies so you can read a page on each and get multiple real photos. I can't tell the difference between the drawings, they all look alike.

Back
Top Bottom