Roaches: What to do?

At times most of us have recycled roaches, personally I’ve been doing this since the 70’s but way back when I borrowed a line from the Eagles song All Night long

take the last half inch more specifically the gooey resinous tip

We keep on grinnin' till the weekend comes
Just a pinch between your cheek and gum
All night long, all night long

it’s somewhere between chewing tobacco and a poultice but I don’t spit just hold it in the jaw it’s kind of a buzz enhancer, if you like the taste of weed then you should try it, when I’m done I just swallow the pinch

I remember the days of saving the roaches and then taking them apart and rolling up a new joint. Like some of the others, when I started growing several years ago I decided that I had plenty of the newer better tasting herb that going through all that work was not necessary.

Now I toss the roaches into a flower pot and let the begonia or sage or rosemary plant have their share of the bounty.

No idea what that is. Please explain!

Right now I store all my roaches in a jar with a spare Boveda pack. Really just holding on to them until I can figure out something to do with them. Growing your own means I don't really need to, but I am very much of the camp "waste not, want not" so I keep them.
I do the same thing, since I only grow once or twice a year I save them for when I run out between harvest.

Not the bug kind.
I am 70 years old and remember many many times , of going through ash trays looking under car floor mats , coat pockets even the tackle box trays.
Just trying to find a roach when I had nothing to smoke.
Now that I have been growing a few years I seem to always be infested with roaches.
I suppose a pipe solves the problem but , I am old and I like to roll a joint.
I have a hard time lighting up a burned roach so they end up in the fire place.
What do you with yours?
I remember those good old days.

Not the bug kind.
I am 70 years old and remember many many times , of going through ash trays looking under car floor mats , coat pockets even the tackle box trays.
Just trying to find a roach when I had nothing to smoke.
Now that I have been growing a few years I seem to always be infested with roaches.
I suppose a pipe solves the problem but , I am old and I like to roll a joint.
I have a hard time lighting up a burned roach so they end up in the fire place.
What do you with yours?
if you buy a smoking stone there is no roaches left.

I got a question. how long does a roach has to be before its not called a roach?? I like smoking joints and I learned that once I get high and can still enjoy the altered perception I let the dobbie put itself out, usually about 1/2 to 1/3 long then it goes into my roach jar. When it time to re-indulge the old soldiers I'll break them down and mix in some cigar tobaccie and make a spliff. No old resinous burnt taste, the tobaccie seems to cover that greatly and its out again after about a third or less left. Two or three hours later I'll roll another, if needed. Still haven't been able to stop the world like I did in '77, stuff today don't seem like its as strong.

Its called a roach until the point where holding the joint would burn your fingers. When it gets to that level you have a roach because you need to put a "Roach clip" to finish it hence the name.

IF you use one of these stones you will never have a roach.

stone.jpg

Its called a roach until the point where holding the joint would burn your fingers. When it gets to that level you have a roach because you need to put a "Roach clip" to finish it hence the name.
Then my whole joints are roaches. :D I put my joints in clips before I even light it. ;) Just makes it easier to puff puff pass.
:passitleft:

I remember using book matches... just split it in half making a Y shape and then pinch the roach between them. I also used and still use my pinch hitter for roaches.

I saw a comedian once that said we call them roach clips because ‘pot holder’ was already taken. I about died laughing….

I remember using book matches... just split it in half making a Y shape and then pinch the roach between them. I also used and still use my pinch hitter for roaches.
Good memory. I had completely forgotten about that little trick.

I made two roach clips using some inexpensive alligator clips a couple of years ago. Couldn't find a roach for the photo so had to make do.

Back
Top Bottom