Roadmap for victory - from Yes on 19

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
On Nov. 2, 2010, over 4 million Californians voted to legalize, control and tax cannabis, over 46% of the electorate. Prop. 19 received 47.7% of the vote in Los Angeles County, 46.9% in San Diego and 63.2% in San Francisco.

On that night, we made history.

Prop. 19 set a new record for marijuana legalization ballot initiatives. In spite of not being backed by a multi-million-dollar advertising campaign, we received more votes than Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina.

We've shown that we can win. If younger voters had comprised the same portion of the electorate as they had in 2008, the vote would have been tied. While social progress at this scale does not happen overnight, we've taken a giant step forward.

Along the way, we brought together one of the largest coalitions ever assembled to ensure our children don't inherit these failed policies. It is with this coalition, made even stronger and even broader, that we will move ahead to 2012.

We will be making an announcement soon about bringing back together our coalition and making it stronger than ever to pick up where Prop. 19 left off and finish the job in 2012.

November 2 was just the beginning. We will be working with our allies to draw up plans to hold open forums and a state summit, as well as ways to improve on the bill and work with legislative allies to move forward.

Because of the conversation we started, every day more and more Americans understand the need to end prohibition and what that solution looks like. The incredible energy across California and the nation that brought us here has not gone away. In fact, it is stronger than ever. We continue to receive an outpouring of support from all over the world.

Thank you for being part of our family and for helping make Prop. 19 the campaign that was heard around the world.

We look forward to making history with you once again in the months ahead.

Sincerely,

Dale Jones
Spokesperson, Yes on 19

info@yeson19.com

So apparently the same folks who brought us prop 19 are annointing themselves the guardians of the cause and intend to give us the next version in 2012. I'm not sure how I personally feel about this (not speaking for 420 Magazine). I do think that if they are going to do this they need and should seek all the advice and opinions they can get from all of us who support re-legalization of Cannabis.

I'll keep you informed of what you can do to help shape this next effort. In the mean time we've started a discussion in this thread:
2012: Crafting A Better Legalization Proposition In California

Back
Top Bottom