Rock on the Range

hossua34

Got back a few hours ago from the 1st annual Rock on the Range concert at Crew Stadium here in Columbus. Whoo boy, there were LOADS of people blazing there, in each and every corner. Performing were, among others: Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Puddle of Mudd, Papa Roach, Chavelle, Hinder, Evanesence, Velvet Revolver and ZZ Top. A LOT of big names, to be sure. While a lot of the music played there was of the pop sellout variety rather than actual rock, it was still a great time. We got up to the very front of the pit for Puddle of Mudd before my sister freaked out and had to leave. That was not before she fell over some chick in a mosh and possibly broke this girl's knee... but those are the risks you take when moshing :D

I rolled up two joints for the whole day, which meant cutting waaaay back from my typical daily intake. But all was good. The cops there had more pressing matters to deal with. Literally. This concert was in a soccer stadium, and the way they had it set up was: the stage, the floor, and the seating sections which circled the floor. Pretty standard. But it was general admission, and only the first 15,000 (I think) through the door got floor passes.... so every few minutes during sets, you would hear a roar from the crowd as some guy jumped out of the seats, onto the floor, and tried to sprint past a line of security guards and into the crowd on the floor. A few made it, and disappeared into the mass of people. But the vast majority of these little "breaks for it" ended up in a brutal tackle from a burly security guard. Great fun to watch! Some of these guys were even hauled off by cops, but I'm not sure what crime they could possibly be charged with... I assume they just got kicked out.

Oh yeah - there was also a couple of VERY attractive girls running and jumping around on the floor, who eventually laid down in front of the whole crowd and more or less having sex with one another. I'm pretty sure they were on X or something crazy from the way they were acting (NOT condoning, just telling the story)... But it was still quite fun to watch :D

Anyone else planning on attending any tight shows in the near future?

Yes... I hopefully will be going to many shows this summer. I for sure will be going to Jam on the River in Philly (next weekend) and a week later I will be seeing Roger Waters.
I am trying to make it to All Good music festival and Camp Bisco too.

Yes... I hopefully will be going to many shows this summer. I for sure will be going to Jam on the River in Philly (next weekend) and a week later I will be seeing Roger Waters.
I am trying to make it to All Good music festival and Camp Bisco too.

Cool.. if you don't mind me asking.. Where are you seeing Roger Waters at?

Back
Top Bottom