Rockwool or coco for 2-3 weeks before DWC

dudabuda

Im new to dwc, im trying to cut the veg time in dwc... so id like to know if i can veg the cuttings in rockwool/coco for 2-3 weeks or so and then transfer to dwc. and make that a cycle :)
also how much bud can i expect, if it goes well ofc, from 12 plants in dwc with 5x 1200w led?
criticism welcome, advice even more so :) thanks

:welcome:to the forum.

Are you rooting the cuttings or do you want to finish veging in the rockwool/coco?

Your yield depends on the strain, and how you care for the plants. My first grow got me 5oz from four plants in a 2' x 4' tent, under an 1800W LED. That LED only pulls 300W from the wall. I grew in 3.8 US gal caged grow bags with a coco/perlite medium using General Hydroponics Flora Trio nutrients. Later grows almost doubled my yields. My signature block has a link to the journal for my first grow.

hi :)
i would like to veg them for 3 weeks or even 4 in the rockwool, the transfer to dwc with the rockwool should shock them less than coco/soil, in theory..
i will use stardawg or ammnesia cuttings

I built out a DWC setup before finding out my well wouldn't provide enough water to support it. I went to coco/ perlite, which is just another form of hydroponics that uses far less water.

For DWC, I placed the barely rooted clones in small rockwool cubes into my netpots and filled the extra space with expanded clay pellets (hydrotron). Six netpots were set into the lid of a tote, and the water/nutrient level was brought to 1" below the bottom of the netpots. Airstones below each plant kept the water violently bubbling and well aerated. A water pump and drippers at the top of each pot kept the roots hydrated until they extended into the water. The plants need to be moved to the DWC pails before the roots grow long enough to tangle with those from adjacent plants. You don't want to damage the roots when moving them. It took 2-3 weeks before I needed to move the plants to the pails.

You can use one of your lights to start, and then bring more on line as your canopy grows larger and you need more space between your pails.

Back
Top Bottom