rockwool, vs bucket

Mindfury

I am curious as to which would have better yield assuming the other conditions are correct, using a bucket in a bucket with some lava rocks,res tank,etc, or go with a rockwool slab and a drip/flood setup? whats ya'lls thoughts? :bong:

cool, i think im going to go with a bucket set up,as i want to grow them kinda of big. Tnx, will keep you posted

No prop, are you going to make a little bucket bubbler? 5 gal' is the best. But make sure that you shine a light on the side of the bucket and see if you can see light inside. Light leaking into your bucket can cause algea growth.

if you're new... try soil first i lost all but theone i put in soil . the first try with hydro ... there's a lot more to hydro than it looked ......

Rockwool in a 2 or 3 gallon pot works just fine! Nutrients can be delivered every 3 to 4 hours by a small water pump (aquarium pumps work great). The rockwool is reusable, cutting down on cost! Roots luv oxygen, making rockwool an excellent choice. The green algae that will grow on top of the fiber is normal and harmless to the health of your plants. I've grown two complete cycles now w/ unbelievable success!!! GOOD LUK KIDS!

IMHO soil takes more work then hydro. I use bubble buckets an have grown successfully my first time an every time sense then. I like knowing how many nutes to how much water my roots aka "PPM's are parts per million" are being exposed to you cant really see that in soil you can only tell if the plants show you a sign of deficiency. With hydro i can catch it before it show any signs ;) . then all thats left is the PH an thats easy ph up or ph down to your idea lvl around 6.1-6.3 for me . OH an btw if your growing big bubble buckets are very nice i have grown 6-8 ft tall plants in them many many times with out problems at all. Well one problem my buds where so big they started snapping branches so i have tied them up in flower ever sense ;) :Rasta:

I run my water delivery 15 mins on 15 mins off an only during the lighting period through drip rings. here is my WW girls in Bubble buckets just cut last night
DSCN3123.jpg

Back
Top Bottom