Rockypups 12/12 AK99 grow

if this plant is nearest to the light it is probably metabolizing at a faster rate that the others . otherwise you are probably growing from seed and that particular phenotype needs more attention than the others.

It's twine :)

Question for the gurus!
6 of my plants are exhibiting too much N still, dark green leaves, curling down etc
1 of my plants isn't getting enough... sadly... it's the 2nd largest one. I noticed 2 or 3 of the first fan leaves (like the ones with 3 fingers..) have gone yellow and lifeless and the plant exhibits light green leaves uniformly. So... what do I do? Am I to assume that the 1 plant is screwed wanting more and the other 6 aren't? The problem with too much N doesn't seem to be doing the plants much harm... while the leaves are deep dark green and curl wierd ... they are all budding much much bigger and better than the N difficient plant....
ugh

ideas? i'm thinking too much

Try foliar spraying your N def plant with a mild N solution or tea. I prefer organics such as bat guano or some sort. It could also be a Mg def in which case I would recommend foliar spraying as well. If you can try to spray 3 -4 times a day.

Sounds good! What I did for the meantime was went back to my florabloom -- which was causing too much N and dropped the PPM by about 150 from 1350 to 1200. I was thinking I was just over-nuting all of the plants - one was developing nute burn.

I'll take some of it as well and foliar once a day, hopefully that will help it pick up, it's quite lanky compared to the other 6, who are all developing ONE BIG BUD -- super neato :)

I'm gonna hold off on pics until a week update from last ones -- they're packing on weight like crazy... and trichs... lots and lots of fuzz

So I bought some Grandma Enggy's seaweed extract a few days back, started applying the recommended foliar amount on saturday -- and I think it's the cause for the nute burn (now 2 of the smaller ones have it, not much... but it sucks still)

The PPM rose slightly from 1200 to about 1270 i guess due to water consumption. Since they are still burning I dropped the PPM to the low to mid 1100s. I'll have to spray feed the bigger ones to keep them going full steam too.

Another question for the gurus
It's become too warm the past few days and the trend doesn't seem to want to let up. I have my suckers going during the day but I want to switch to night - I read that you want to induce darkness, not light correct? So I will let the lights turn off tonight, then leave them off all day, then turn them back on 12/12 at night? That should keep them from being shocked correct?

switching them by extending the dark cycle is the way to go. i've never heard of seaweed extracts burning plants. and your ppm seems fine. could it be that these are older spent leaves that you should be removing?

If your goal is not to shock the little ladies, don't induce a full day of darkness. Slowly graduate them to 12/12 with a couple days of 18/6. Remember, they only grow when the light is on :)

Some beauty shots from yesterday

closeup22.jpg

closeup6.jpg

bigboy.jpg

Two are from my best looking plants, one being the almighty big one, and the last shot is the big girl -- showing you her one and only giant cola

The nute burn has halted - my plants have found a nice balance around 1150 +- 50ppm -- all 6 plants are back to showing no signs of new stress and all other stresses has halted. The N difficiency has halted on the lanky plant and the N poisoning has stopped on the other 5 by just reducing the PPM and using 100% of the Florabloom (which contains 4% N, I was using the pink bloom GH stuff which has 0% to reduce the amount in the solution). So less PPM but higher N concentration did the trick.

My 5 gallon reservoir is not really large enough anymore either, every day my PH increases by about .5-.8 and I'm continually adding PH Down to counter ugh -- I wish I could find an automatic dripper to take care of it for me.

I also decided not to change the light cycle. If it gets too hot or if the weather forecast predicts it will be too hot of a day, I'll unplug the HPS and let the florescents do their job, it drops the temp 7*C

What I like pointing out still - is that these girls are only about 1 month 1 week old!!!!! They got a good month of growing left!!! I'm guessing they will be soda can thick by the time they're done.

The buds looks great. Really thickening up. Did you start the idea of the gutter hydro system? Its very interesting.

A friend of mine had the idea and from what we read and have seen, it seemed very doable - the total bill (minus mylar, lights, meters etc) was around $80 for the pump and gutters and dremel tools such.

The smell is amazing too -- it smells like fruit loops and oranges mixed together... and EXTREMELY sticky... i want to chop one down now and smoke it :cool: but I still have a few weeks left.

The skinny one is starting to bulk up finally, it's a good 2 weeks behind in bulking compared to the other ones. It is def taller than the others so it probably just grew and stretched longer before flowering.

The smaller ones are all getting nute burn, but I think it's because of the stress from the heat lately -- getting up to 86*F during the day. It's nothing terrible, and it doesn't seem to be getting worse or affecting growth. I could lower the temp by killing the HPS but I think it's more beneficial to keep it on and have it a little warmer than normal.

Here's today's update!

One plant decided to finish early, the hairs were about 80% red 20% white and the trichs were cloudy. She's been hanging for 24 hours now, I didn't do anything special with her, just snipped her off.

The lanky plant is in critical condition, in an attempt to increase N to the plant, I ended up overdoing it. She has severe N poisoning but... I don't care... I've known for a while this one wouldn't yield squat.

The others... phew... they just keep packing on the weight, crystals, and resin. I'll take a shot of the cut bud later tonight or tomorrow when I trim her up.

Back
Top Bottom