Rockypups 12/12 AK99 grow

Ok so here we go, I want to be as comprehensive as I can be.

I pulled all of my plants at different times to compare growing times - the high - the smell - the weight.

February 11 - I pull this plant:

1stbefore.jpg

And decide to leave her hanging. After 3 or so days I trimmed it, yet I didn't wait 7 days before jarring it... bum bum buuuuuum

1sthanging.jpg

1sthanging1.jpg

1sthanging22.jpg

Dried weight was probably only 8g. I pulled her way too early, the high was lacking yet it was sticky as snot... literally. I would stick it to my finger and try and flick it like a booger with no luck, it wouldn't let go... I had to smear it into a bowl :bongrip: . I should have left it drying longer, when I put it in a container it started developing a less desirable smell after about 2 days. Needless to say, I quickly smoked the rest of it (with help) before it got moldy.

Lesson from this plant: Don't pick them too early. Let them dry fully!

February 17:
I decide to pull the big girl out of the group. She grew, budded, and matured almost a month before all the rest, it was simply amazing. Her dry weight was about 17g. I let her hang the full 7 days. Sadly, it was purchased by a friend and I haven't heard about how the smoke was.... but it looked like it would have been wonderful :icon_cool

2ndbefore.jpg

2ndafter.jpg

2ndafter2.jpg

2ndafter22.jpg

February 28:
Time for the next one! This one is a tragedy though... on my own stupidity. She was one of the fattest of the short plants for sure, probably the prettiest too! Sorry, no pics of this one... dunno why.

So I attempted the dry ice method of drying - which seems to work well. Yet after about 12 hours I wanted to heat up the dry ice, let it evaporate, and put some fresh dry ice in. So I take my plastic glad container with everything in it - put it on a ceramic plate - and put the stove on "Low" (the lowest setting.. even before "1") - to add a small amount of heat under the freezing cold plastic container. Well... about 20 minutes later I smell burning plastic. Apparently these things have an extremely low melting point - microwave proof.. that's about it... hell... I could touch my hand on the burner it wasn't hot!!!!!!! UGHHH. So needless to say I pulled half of an entire plant out of the melted plastic... trimmed off all the plastic-ed bud leaving only half of the plant to enjoy... I saved the bad pieces for hash though. All in all - the high from the plant was GREAT! Super great! It lasted FOREVER!! One bowl pack could give 3 people about 7 hits or more. Super keefy, super sticky, super high :grinjoint:

March 2nd:
I pull the next one. She was looking perfect and I didn't wanna wait anymore!

4thbefore.jpg

4thbefore2.jpg

4thbefore22.jpg

Those were before I picked her.

4thafter.jpg

4thafter1.jpg

4thafter2.jpg

4thafter3.jpg

4thafter33.jpg

4thafter44.jpg

^(Look was LSTing does to the little ones)

4thafter45.jpg

4thafter55.jpg

I am still smoking this plant hehe. It is... by far... the most amazing weed I've ever smoked and it's a product of my own creation muahahaha!!! Its sticky, it smells like mangos (not weed, mangos... nothing else... MANGOS), it has the smoothest smoke (for those who know what hookah/shisha smoke is like.. like that) i've smoked ever -- you can't even tell it's in you until you blow it out and go :thedoubletake: -- Like the last plant, it lasts FOREVER, sticks to everything, keefy as crap, and makes your friends super duper jealous. The resin build up on the plant is utterly insane. It clogs bowls relatively quickly, and the ash is black and hard with resin .... so you get tricked on those last hits thinking theres some left. I should have waited this long on all the other ones.

My last plant was the shortest of all my plants -- yet -- it is competing for fattest and maybe sexiest of the plants. I just pulled it today, I'm going out of town for a few days so I'll smoke her when I get back and let ya'll know -- with pics.

This is the conclusion, minus the last plant i just pulled, to my journal. I pulled the plugs on everything and will probably start everything up again later down the road. I think Jack the Ripper is my next pick... except I'll be making more, and it will be better!

I hope you all enjoyed my journal! Feel free to ask Q's and I'll try and answer them as best as possible. I know I didn't discuss all my plants, but the ones I didn't discuss were failures so I just omitted them.

-Rockypup

wow the long awaited update!!! your buds look magnificent! how many days were they each on when you pulled them.
bummer bout your feb 28th plant at least she was still tasty
cant wait to see whats next
+ rep :peace:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now…

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world…

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom