Role Of Cannabinoids In Multiple Sclerosis

Truth Seeker

Abstract
Although extracts from the cannabis plant have been used medicinally for thousands of years, it is only within the last 2 decades that our understanding of cannabinoid physiology and the provision of evidence for therapeutic benefit of cannabinoids has begun to accumulate. This review provides a background to advances in our understanding of cannabinoid receptors and the endocannabinoid system, and then considers how cannabinoids may help in the management of multiple sclerosis (MS). The relative paucity of treatments for MS-related symptoms has led to experimentation by patients with MS in a number of areas including the use of cannabis extracts. An increasing amount of evidence is now emerging to confirm anecdotal reports of symptomatic improvement, particularly for muscle stiffness and spasms, neuropathic pain and sleep and bladder disturbance, in patients with MS treated with cannabinoids. Trials evaluating a role in treating other symptoms such as tremor and nystagmus have not demonstrated any beneficial effects of cannabinoids. Safety profiles of cannabinoids seem acceptable, although a slow prolonged period of titration improves tolerability. No serious safety concerns have emerged. Methodological issues in trial design and treatment delivery are now being addressed. In addition, recent experimental evidence is beginning to suggest an effect of cannabinoids on more fundamental processes important in MS, with evidence of anti-inflammation, encouragement of remyelination and neuroprotection. Trials are currently under way to test whether cannabinoids may have a longer term role in reducing disability and progression in MS, in addition to symptom amelioration, where indications are being established.

Source: Role of cannabinoids in multiple sclerosis. [CNS Drugs. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

My wife was diagnoised with M.S. May 2000 the news crushed us both the same we were a family that liked to travel mainly to India all of a sudden my best freind and most beloved one couldnt even walk .
I made a very bold statement that the Guru Srila Prabhupada had said there is a cure for everything in the ayurveda (Indian trditional medicines). I began to study and it took time but slowly we brought her off of there Horrible medi-sins our first real break throuhg was silver water that actually got her back on her feet again an then (to cut it short) in 2007 we returned to India wich we thought would be are last ever visit we were on the lookout for a faily well known accupressureist called Madhu Sadhan Roy It was truly the lord ofe all helping all the way in my favourite town of pilgrimage Jaganatha Puri about the day after we found our innitiating Guru Srila Bhakti Vai Bav Puri Goswami Maharaja he was a spritely 94 when we met Him then the day after we foundout that the Madhan had his main clinic just over the road from our hotel He gave one very brutal accupressure session fr around 2hr my lord the pain was so bad then the next day a nurse came an she said the nurse was stronger.
On arrival back in the UK I found she was walking well again more energy so we went straight back to India this time though the accupressure was not working an some friends , led us to a very good yoga teacher (she can do very good yoga ) and it was all uphill we got rid of the mecury from her mouth a thing that we could have never of aforded over here . She is so well now that I am convinced almost anyone with this man made crippeling ailment can recover thing is there is no profit from people like us chuking away so much rubish that they gave had given her ,
Around a couple of weeks ago a friend let her try some Rick simpson style oil it lasted for around 2 weeks an my word it became a joke with me O forgot your sticks again half way upstairs sadly we didnt have any more but yep it helped with all the things in the article , one thing though they still strongly say MS is not cureable people that have been an watched this all happen now listen to the herbalist when I say it is for a competent person that didnt have to make the misstakes like me could cure someone in around a year to maybe two . If I know this little me then why not the drs (well they are trained to sell drugs for big companies) they hardly give a damm in our country not all but a lot only look at maintinace , well as humans we want a cure for the posins that the higher peeps pushed into us inthe food an the water an vaccines a world gone mad but I believe it might get its chance to come back to life
Good Luk to you an trust me they know
From Jagamohan dasa Peace Love an Jai Jaganatha

2012-11-07_14_03_59.jpg

Back
Top Bottom