Romulans in my Closet!

We will be choppin the seed plant (pic of the nug close up above...) on 4/20. Check back for an update of our drying process...

ChicoCrops said:
Whad up everyone...it's about time I post up a couple pictures of my babies...
I've got 2 romulans and 4 seeds growin in a 2 ft deep, 4.5 ft wide, by 4.5 ft high closet. Inside, I have stapled up white felt to enclose half the closet for the grow. I'm runnin a 400 Hortilux Super HPS.
January 11, 2006 was the start of this grow. They are currenly 47 days old today and have been in their flowering stage as of Febuary 19, 8 days ago.

~First concern I have...my ballast is 430 Watt and says use HPS lamps, ED style bulbs only. It's made by SunLight Supply; model #S430. I have used a Phillips 430 SunAgro lamp to veg, because that was what was given to me, but now my buddy gave me his Hortilux 400S bulb. I've been using it for about 1 week now but I want to know if I should switch to the Phillips 430. My concern is that the Hortilux box says: LU 400S/HTL/EN, 400 Watt, Use with S51 Ballast. I believe my ballast is an S52? So...any comments?

Now I need to figure out how to add pics.....:hmmmm:

I use a Son-agro 430, and while I cant speak to your ballast capabilities, I can say the Son-agro lamp is far superior to the Hortilux, in efficientcy, heat output and lumens. Stick to the Son-agro. I have had tremendous results using that, in a closet about the same size. Good luck keeping your temps low enough running standard HPS. With the Son-agro I can touch the top of the light fixture, try that with standard HPS, and you'll regret that...All the son-agro does is take a standard HPS and add 30 watts of the blue spectrum, to make the light usefull throughout the grow cycle...from what I have read they can be used with standard 400 watt ballasts..but dont quote me on that.

Of course I know the Dr. Funk!! Common now, he's a co-daddy of these babies...
HAppy 420 stoners! We chopped down one of our seed plants. The most matured lookin. And we also took a few branches from one of the Romulan plants. Here's them sittin pretty in the attic...

Plants4-20-060011.jpg

Plants4-20-060071.jpg

Plants4-20-060081.jpg

Plants4-20-060091.jpg

So...were gonna have these drying for about 5-7 days then cure them in glass jars. But is there any special tips or advice any1 can give me for what to do next? This is our first grow!
Thanks
-CC-

:Rasta: unless those leaves on the buds are heavily frosted then you should trim those leaves off, itll help dry faster. a good way to tell if the buds are dry enough is if a stem will easily break.
oh by the way, beautiful looking plants and some dank nugs youve grown there. enjoy smoking a fat ass blunt :Rasta:

THOSE BUDS LOOK VERY IMMATURE BUT I GUESS IT WILL BE ALRIGHT AND THE NUGGS DONT LOOK TO BAD BUT VERY VERY VERY SMALL....BECAUSE I THINK YOU HAVE MORE LEAF THEN BUD...BUT OH WELL GOOD BUDS...ENJOY YOUR SMOKE .... I JUST GREW MY FIRST GROW OUT OF BAGGIE SEEDS AND GOT ABOUT 2-3 OUNES OF 1 PLANT SO...I HAVE ALOT TO DRY...IT TOOK MY BUDS ABOUT 7-10 DAYS TO DRY AND THEN I HAVE THEM CURING RIGHT NOW BUT I SMOKE OUT IF IT EVERY DAY AND ITS GOODS SHIT HERE ARE THE LINKS THAT MIGHT HELP YOU ON HOW I DRIED AND THINGS LIKE THAT....
Will this Drying Technique work?

Hey, ya I think we cut them early. That was only 1 plant we started from seed. We still have 3 other plants still under the light. But i'm real curious, do ur nugs smell like hay when they're drying? My nugs dont smell like weed right now, and I was hoping they would develop the smell and taste during the curing but I dont think they will.
Also, I had these drying in the attic, and it got real hot yesterday. It was 104 degrees up there so the nugs kinda cooked and they feel real brittle and dry. The stems definatly snap clean. So anything I can/should do to treat these? I know take some orange peals to moisen it up a bit. But, is this weed gonna be bad if it doesn't smell like weed right now?

thanks

It does somewhat smell like some bomb bud when you break it open and smell the inside of the nug. I manicured a lot and have 2 jars full so far with a couple more hangers still hanging....

chillenhomee said:
WERD UP! chicocrops the plants look tasty. tell Dr. Funk the SD trainwreck is flowering and looking good. what up irelandbuds8

IS THIS WHO I THINK IT IS OHH YEAHHH BUDDY. READY TO HARVEST THIS WEEKEND.

Back
Top Bottom