Rooftop Garden

Thanks for asking @andIhalped, :) everything seems to go OK, they got only 75cm high, because I severely trimmed them and one was a weakling that just wasn’t growing because of nutrients lockout and once I got it all sorted out , they took off like rockets and doubled in size in 3-4 weeks.

I’m still tying branches down, sort of mild training only those that start to peak over the ledge.

One kind of a neat thing I did is a drip-watering system with Blumat carrots, auto shut-off valve, low water level (light), air bubbler (for oxygen and mixing of pH down acid.) All that mounted in a 220 liter tank, a plastic heavy duty barrel with screw on lid.

Plants are looking great, (knock on wood), one side flowers better than the other due to light influence. Never even thought about it...

How about you? Close to harvesting?
Cool! :goodjob:
& yes.
This early girl's down

Her sister/cousin's getting chopped tomorrow

Hi all, got a strange dilemma, one side of plants is flowering much more than the other side (due to light exposure from a lamp) (how the f&£# was I supposed to know), to the point that one side might be ready sooner than the other side.
What do I do in this case?
Should I leave them be and have one side more mature?
Thanks for any input.
2x Durban Poison and 2x Super Silver which seems to be a bit late

2653C132-A90A-4361-942B-90A3DCBBE7A5.jpeg
464C9EA9-E684-420F-A695-7B1A40C0CE0A.jpeg
B57F5C30-70F9-45A3-AEC9-2D0DEBFA0201.jpeg

If all the plants are growing uneven in your tent, you dont have enough light. Remember you need atleast 100watts of light being pulled from the wall per square foot. So if you have a 4x4 you want 400+. Other thing to. If you have a single light source. The power of that light will lose strength the farther from the center it is. So sometimes having the lights spread out will correct this issue. But thats just my 2 cents.

Goodluck! Happy 420!

I actually grow outside.
My balcony is at eye height and between 2 sofas is (was) a lamp, shining on the back of plants. That part of plant I noticed has les buds, kind of starting to flower, while the other side has big buds. One Durban Poison is half “yellow” ish other side green. This pic was taken 1-2 weeks ago....you can clearly see the difference.
Also it is true that the left side has maybe half an hour more direct sun per day...
4827B22B-C191-4E3D-BC57-E46D4CBC823F.jpeg

Yeah if they don't have clear and direct sunlight from morning to dusk youll have that issue. Your light wont do much justice because the plants are use to the Sunlight. Id maybe rotate each plant as much as you see fit. This way the overgrown part will slow and the less grown will catch up. This will also be less stress.(if you have the time)

I haven't done it either. The plant is going to die anyway. So shock should not be to big a deal. Others here do it all the time.

Anyone what to chim in here.
Correct--many do "staggered harvest"--that is, harvesting the tops that are ready, while leaving the others on. Very common & not a problem. DVT is right, many, many knowledgeable growers do it. I think the majority of growers I know do not harvest all the tops at the same time.

I've done it about 20 times, with no problems whatsoever. And yes, that's outside.

Not so strange: ripe tomatoes & peppers get picked, while others are left to ripen. Yep, the weed's a flower, not a fruit, but same principle.

Correct--many do "staggered harvest"--that is, harvesting the tops that are ready, while leaving the others on. Very common & not a problem. DVT is right, many, many knowledgeable growers do it. I think the majority of growers I know do not harvest all the tops at the same time.

I've done it about 20 times, with no problems whatsoever. And yes, that's outside.

That’s great , thanks for your input.
Is there a certain technique to this staggered harvest? I mean cutting the whole branch at the main trunk? That’s it?

I think that I have still some time, some colas have half of the pistils reddish/brownish, or darker anyway, so I’m closely watching.
The Durban poison is maturing faster than Super Silver

Thanks all for your help

Cut the base of the tops that are ripe. Leave the tops that could use more time, so that they have more time.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Thanks both for your inquiry. All is going well. Thanks for asking.

I had sort of a small harvest, due to numerous difficulties that you all know about from my thread, including the light exposure in flowering stage.

Still the results were good, I got about 500 grams of Durban poison and Super Silver Haze.

Now curing in jars with Boveda 62% humidity packs.

I made some edibles (butter) and cookies that kicked ass, experienced first hand and the smoke is really good/excellent as my friends tell me .

After a long research I decided to try (great) vaporiser DynaVap M, that is so super efficient that makes me wonder why people mix with cigarette tobacco and smoke the mixture. I don’t smoke cigarettes.

Anyway, that’s about all, wish you all great holidays and MANY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP, INFORMATION and PATIENCE that made it possible for me to succeed for which I am VERY GRATEFUL.

I hope you all had good harvests too and are enjoying the fruit of your labour.
I WILL keep in touch.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Yea. Glad to hear your still with.
And It doesn't matter that it wasn't this huge haul. What matters is that you made it to the finish line. Got some good smoke. And you learned.
:theband::theband::high-five:

Thanks both for your inquiry. All is going well. Thanks for asking.

I had sort of a small harvest, due to numerous difficulties that you all know about from my thread, including the light exposure in flowering stage.

Still the results were good, I got about 500 grams of Durban poison and Super Silver Haze.

Now curing in jars with Boveda 62% humidity packs.

I made some edibles (butter) and cookies that kicked ass, experienced first hand and the smoke is really good/excellent as my friends tell me .

After a long research I decided to try (great) vaporiser DynaVap M, that is so super efficient that makes me wonder why people mix with cigarette tobacco and smoke the mixture. I don’t smoke cigarettes.

Anyway, that’s about all, wish you all great holidays and MANY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP, INFORMATION and PATIENCE that made it possible for me to succeed for which I am VERY GRATEFUL.

I hope you all had good harvests too and are enjoying the fruit of your labour.
I WILL keep in touch.
Nice work!

Back
Top Bottom