Rookie mistake!

Opi123

420 Member
What up guys
i have 4 plants deferent genetics and 6 weeks into flowering.
4 weeks ago I heavily sprayed the whole plants with water including buds -actually I did it twice-. I know it’s a stupid thing to do but at that time i thought my plants would love it -idk what was I thinking-.
Anyway, long story short now when I do my usual bud sniffing :) there is one plant that got this weird smell, tbh i don’t know how a mj plant should smell at this age. How do I know for sure that my plant got mold?

HIya Opi123 if you have some air blowing on those and they weren't wet for a long time and you don't see mold, I'd guess it's just weed smell. Zap a quick image search on google for "mold on buds" it will give you lots of yucky stuff to compare to! I thought I had it once but I believe now it was just the smell of that plant because I've grown way more of it and it's never smelled different. CHeers mate, gl! :yahoo:

HIya Opi123 if you have some air blowing on those and they weren't wet for a long time and you don't see mold, I'd guess it's just weed smell. Zap a quick image search on google for "mold on buds" it will give you lots of yucky stuff to compare to! I thought I had it once but I believe now it was just the smell of that plant because I've grown way more of it and it's never smelled different. CHeers mate, gl! :yahoo:
@Pbass thank u so much man appreciate it, actually I’m not worried about the mold that are very obvious to spot, I hvae heard that there could be some mold grows inside the buds and it’s very hard to be spotted!

nyway, long story short now when I do my usual bud sniffing :) there is one plant that got this weird smell, tbh i don’t know how a mj plant should smell at this age. How do I know for sure that my plant got mold?
It's probably does something to do with the terpene profile of that particular plant. I grew a Gorilla Glue auto for the first time this year and it's smell was not what I was used to, I still find it a pretty crap smell to be honest, a real diesel/chemical type smell but I understand it is related to a diesel smell terpene. Previous the plants I have grown have smelt more fruity/flowery/pine. Your's is probably just a 'feature' of a terpene it has in it's profile.

It's probably does something to do with the terpene profile of that particular plant. I grew a Gorilla Glue auto for the first time this year and it's smell was not what I was used to, I still find it a pretty crap smell to be honest, a real diesel/chemical type smell but I understand it is related to a diesel smell terpene. Previous the plants I have grown have smelt more fruity/flowery/pine. Your's is probably just a 'feature' of a terpene it has in it's profile.
Thanks man, good to hear that, for this plant there is still some fruity smell coming out of it and it smells just like heaven but sometimes she trys to annoy me with this weird smell which idk but it smells like baby poop :laughtwo: and since it’s my first grow honestly I don’t really know how bud mold or fungus smell like.

It’s also good to keep an eye for fast yellowing sugar leaves. And if they look suspect. Give them a gentle pull. If you have bud rot, they will come right off! That’s the easiest way I have found it.

I had some on my last grow from high bud density and not enough airflow through the middle of the plants.

I still find it a pretty crap smell to be honest, a real diesel/chemical type smell but I understand it is related to a diesel smell terpene.

The Durban Poison I grew out this winter started out smelling heavenly, just like key lime pie. I was excited AF. Then it turned into a real strong diesel, almost jet fuel profile by the end of flower. I was kinda bummed, but damn it's one hell of a buzz. :rofl:

You know that jet fuel smell you get when you're walking down a jet bridge to the plane? Yeah, like that except 100x stronger.

Back
Top Bottom