Rook's 2nd Journal Grow - MarsHydro vs HPS 1000W - Side By Side

Rook775

This will be my second journal and hopefully a great one. I will be doing a side by side in a 5ft x 10ft tent. Inside 5x5 will 2 MarsHydro 2 1200w and the other side will be 1 1000w HPS Hortilux bulb powered by Solis Tek Ballast, reflector will either be Raptor 6" or Magnum xxxl 6". I have both and you's can decide which one to use for the journal. It will be of the flower stage only. I have 6 plants in 3.7 gallon Superroot Pots which are all clones of cotton candy and taken from same mom at same time. They have been vegging for about 5 weeks currently under a 1000w MH. Will post pics of the plants tomorrow. I chose the 1000w HPS as that has been what I have grown with before and this will be my first Led grow to compare to. I chose the 2 MarsHydro 2 1200w as combined they basically equal the same watts as the 1000w ballast from the wall. I just ordered them tonight so we have to wait for them to come in. Well be starting the flowering stage once the lights are here or when I get everything to make this grow as equal as possible. I will try to keep everything constant besides the lights to make it a good side by side. If there is anything you can think of to make it great let me know. I will update the techs of tent soon.

Alright so as promised here are the plants in veg right now that we will use for this journal. Yes there are 7 plants in pic but we will use only 6 as one is in a different pot then the rest so don't want that to be a variable.

IMG_097432.JPG
IMG_097529.JPG
IMG_097633.JPG
IMG_097728.JPG

Okay so only update I have tonight is that tracking shows I should receive the lights and the bulb on Thursday. This is last call for items you think I may need to get for grow as we will beginning this soon. Also forgot to mention I will be using Fox Farm nutes full line. Will be foliar feeding with Snow Storm Ultra. Any other information or items let me know.

Alright so I received the lights yesterday but wasn't able to put them up as i needed to buy more light hangers for them. The placement of the hooks on the lights makes it a bit awkward to hang them but lucky I have extra poles for the top of my tent so i was able to tonight. I also had to reverse the air cooling direction for the HPS hood as i had it entering the right side of tent and exiting the left side but with the other hood gone. I decided to have the air flow direction reversed. I'll post pics up shortly.

So tonight I put the new bulb in and reset the accurites so that tomorrow we can have a high and low of temps and humidity on each side. By looking at it it looks like the HPS side is brighter idk if that means anything for the yield or quality but we shall see. I'll post pics of the two sides tomorrow with the temp pics. SO for tonight all I have is another update pic on the plants in veg. I'd also like to thank everyone that subbed or commented and will be checking your journals out as well this week thank you.

Alright so the temps are basically a 4 degree difference from the two sides. Of course the led side is the cooler one showing a low of 67 and high of 79. The HPS side show a low of 68 and high of 83. The lights turn on at night and when I go in there the temps are about 73 on led and 77 on HPS. The highs of the days are when the lights are off and it's 90 degree outside and in grow room it is about 80. One thing I did notice last night is those flowering plants I have in there started showing red/pink hairs which I haven't seen before. They have only been under those LEDs for a few days. Here are some pics of what i'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom