Room getting too hot

popup854

my room is getting to 104 i have one fan and a 600 watt metal halide that uses a digital ballast. is it okay for me to run my ballast on 75% or even 50% i have herd it ruins the bulb but i have also herd to change the bulb when starting new crops i had i on 100% and it killed my seedlings at 17 inch away from canopy i did not realize the heat given off bc i had to leave quick after set up i must start new any suggestions ? i have a vent fan in ceiling.

yes defiantly but i have to work with what i have :( i had the seedlings under 4 35 watt cfl and they were stretching so i figured to turn the hid on, i guess the space is so small it just turns into a heat box should i shave the bottom of the door to allow air to go under ?. thanks for the help

thank you !! since i have to start from new i have kept all my lights off and fan the room alone is 75 so i have to figure to keep it at that temp. one more question (sorry) with the HID but when bringing the plants to the HID should i start them on the border then work them in so no shock or being on the border of the light will give them shock ?

Popup854:
Were I you, I might think about investing in a "roll-around" Waterbased air conditioner; what we here in the Dry High Desert, of the SW, call a Swamp Cooler, humidfies the air, and keeps it cooler. But that may not be in your best interest! Depends on what kind of climate you live and grow in. You can buy a very efficient one at ACE Hardware for under $200.00, to my way of thinking that is cheap all factors considered, just my 40+ yrs. of Growing, both indoors & out.......Winter indoor growing is safer and easier, and I have a 1000 Watt MH 4 Mommas vented Light and 3-400 watt Metal Halides, with two corner oscillating fans and two Swamp Coolers, and insulation in all walls and ceiling, two exhaust fans, with filters!

One thing is START small and reinvest as you get more proficient, use good quality Basic Nutes, and additives. Take it one day at a time and before you know it you will be Harvesting, De' Kine. Good luck with your adventure, my Young friend.
Old Doc 2u :goodjob:

i just set up the new guys under a 4 t5 hood (7 inches away) that is connected to a switch so i'm gonna just leave them running for 24 hours for my soil i use african violet mix it was the only indoor soil (pette moss and vermiculite) with nutes in it for 3 months the nursery near me has there own mix of perlite vermiculite coco fiber and two other things but no nutes bc i doubt the mix can hold it. any brands you can suggest ? i give them bottled spring water but i have a air pump in it to get rid of any impurities

you can save money by using a brtia water filter. good soils are fox farm , vermi fire, Just rite Extra, Manna mix, roots, and Sun shine their are many others. if heat is your issue add CO2. at a ratio to the heat

and also the blues are better for veg. and keep the new as soon as the color shifts or they seem dimer change them out Cfl bulbs get black on the glass and get brown on the plastic cover of the ballast as they age.

you can use your hood for a big 250 or 300w Cfl just cut the cord and replace the end with a standard 3 prong plug. the 300w in a 75 degree room shouldn't get over 85.

yes the cfl i use have a cool tone like the metal halide i will change out the bulbs since i have alot and those are probably old thank you everyone for helping i do appreciate it alot as i hope to become a farmer/ veterinarian when i' m older.

the room with the HID at 300w gets exactly 85. i was wrong currently the seedlings are under 4 t8 , 32w each i think 2,800 lumens each i will try to post a pic of the set up

i cant get a picture to post but i went to go look at a seed that just germinated and was put in soil from the start it didnt look good it was fuzzy so i proceeded to put it in the soil 12 hours later i went to go check up on the little guy it looked like fig pulp but red in the shell as it sprouted the leafs didnt look nice and there were tiny worms what are they i got sad so i threw out the baby :( i looked at the others and nothing like that

Back
Top Bottom