Room still smells with carbon filter

Here’s the fan and filter outside the tent. Let me see if I have more pictures of inside the tent.

that is exactly what i thought. it is in essence the same as my veg room set up. except i open a window sometime to passively exhaust the whole area.

you are recirculating the whole room internally. if you exhaust to outside you will get greater odor reduction. other wise your filter is struggling to re-filter the same air continuously.
So it needs to go outside? I was trying to avoid that by purchasing this filter or any filter.

So you run 2 filters in a tent?

no.

simple answer is exhaust to outdoor. then bigger filter.

only exhaust indoor if the room you exhaust into has circulation to outside.

I have a small fan blowing the air around in the tent. My filter draws air from the top, pulling fresh air from the bottom of the tent. Through the plants, to the top exhaust from my fan. Goes to the fan, out the other end, through tubing and out my filter.

In the near future I need to exhaust it outside somehow, then I will have to put the filter inside the tent, drawing to the fan from outside the tent then out some tubing to outside. A person could have it set up like you do, with the fan and filter inside the tent but I like to utilize the room I have in my small tent.

And a picture of my ladies..

there are two ways...

d7e5ce72-29ec-46c5-8ee4-ebef2ddc187b.jpg

first way is easiest for indoor odor removal. left hand side on pic.
if you are doing the right hand way, filter outside tent, then you should exhaust the room as well.

plus the filter / fan combo has to handle the capacity you require.

not sure i can explain better.

The cheap filters on amazon arent any good

go with phresh its worth the money

to eliminate odor you have to exchange the air in your room 40-50x an hour for smell prevention

so find the cubic foot of your area
and then find the cfm of your fan
then find the cfm rating of your carbon filter

you have to do the math

for example i have a 2.5 x 2.5 x 6 ft tent
that is 37.5 cubic feet
37.5 x 40(times the air exchanged)=1500cubic feet

so thats how much your fan has to pull through your carbon filter per hour in order to achieve smell masking

-to find your fan

my fan pulls 171 cfm
my filter is a phresh 4x12 rated for 201cfm

so my fans 171cubic feet per minute (cfm) x 60 minutes (one hour)=10260 cubic feet pulled through the filter per hour

hence the need for a speed controller.
you only need to clean 1500 cubic feet for 40x, you can overestimate to go closer to 50x if youre really worried

using a speed controller at 25% my fan will pull 10260/4(25%) = 2565 cubic feet an hour.

you can enter my room and smell nothing from the plants, hell you can stand over the plants and i cant smell anything.
only time i can is when i turn the fan off for a few hours every once in a while to give the fan a break.

hurricane 4” fan is rated to go 3 years without stopping i believe
phresh carbon filters are supposed to last for two years ( you just gotta clean the prefilter once and a while or order a new one for 20)

dont cheap out on the ones on amazon, one thing i have learned is you get what you paid for and quality isnt cheap

sorry for the long post

ok so two things

i have that same tent for my veg tent, just reread some things

your fan has more than enough cfm, do you have a controller? @Watige

the filter isnt rated to handle 191 cfm with the fan at full blast, thats your first problem

second is, best way is to have the filter itself INSIDE the tent PULLING the smell and blowing it out.

you want negative pressure inside your tent. thats why you actually want your tent walls to be slightly pulled in when your fan is running.

hang the carbon filter attached to the fan inside hanging at the top of your tent and vent it out like this

image.jpg

So it needs to go outside? I was trying to avoid that by purchasing this filter or any filter.

it doesnt need to go outside. i vent into the other room

buy a good filter, when you feel the weight of a good filter you will laugh compared to how much charcoal is packed in that cheap one.

sorry but you got amazoned, dont worry it happened to me multiple times

it doesnt need to go outside. i vent into the other room

buy a good filter, when you feel the weight of a good filter you will laugh compared to how much charcoal is packed in that cheap one.

sorry but you got amazoned, dont worry it happened to me multiple times
Unfortunately that would require me to cut into the wall so the window is the only option for me. Are you saying better filters are lighter?

Unfortunately that would require me to cut into the wall so the window is the only option for me. Are you saying better filters are lighter?

Heavier.

no the better ones are more densely packed and weigh a good amount as compared to the one i am assuming you have unfortunatly

pretty sure i have the same exact tent?
if so watch for light leaks, and the zipper stinks, i regret buying it shouldve spent the extra money on a gorilla tent.

i was stoned and didnt realize 60” is only 5’
i thought it was 6’
by the time i realized i wasnt going to bring it back. not to mention it says grow tent all over the box, what a EFFIN joke

Back
Top Bottom