RooRman's Pictures.

Diffusers are downstems with holes cut in the sides. This increases smoke-to-water surface area producing smaller bubbles. Smaller bubbles = cooler hit because there is more contact with the water.

Percalators, or percs, are sections in the tube of the pipe in which more water is put. This offers an additional filter but adds drag especially when you have more than one in the pipe.

Ice catches are very nice and simple, ice sits on top of the chamber and cools the smoke. It is hard to say how expensive ice catches will be in any given pipe because typically the thicker the glass is the harder they are to make due to the thickness of the glass. Thus prodction cost is increased.

14mm pertains to the downstem size, but has alot to do with the size of the draw hole in the slide. There are two basic sizes, 14mm and 18mm. The 18mm has a larger draw hole making it easier to drag because of more airflow.

So a good place to find all of this would be www.weedcity.com ? Any other sites?

Here is my best looking plant, 38 days into flowering. A very nice Indica-dom plant grown from bagseed using flouros and a 250w HPS system. Fed all organic nutrients. Not a big yeilder, but things should go more smoothly the next time around. However, looks as if whatever I end up with will be nicely crystalized. As you can tell, I take fairly good care of my plants, there are NO droopey or burnt leaves on any of my plants.

2_Day_381.JPG

2_Day_38A1.JPG

:Rasta: Thanks for looking! Plant the seed. :Rasta:

Thouse are some healthy looking plants roorman.. really nice and snowy. :allgood:

Thanks everyone. :cheesygrinsmiley: I am really hoping they turn out well. I must admit, I only posted my best looking one, the other has much less crystals. Also, I actually got my camera to take a decent photo. This one is nice eye candy indeed.

I have no idea when this plant will be ready. It is showing browning hairs, but this is only Day 38 (pictured). Could it be that this particular plant may not need a full 60 days?

50 days is the fastest I've ever had a plant reach full maturity, but those buds are looking very tasty, might be ready a little early. Go by the trichs not the hairs though, much more reliable for gauging maturity.

NoDirtWeed4Me said:
50 days is the fastest I've ever had a plant reach full maturity, but those buds are looking very tasty, might be ready a little early. Go by the trichs not the hairs though, much more reliable for gauging maturity.

How can I realistically tell from the trichomes when the plant is done? I have heard many opinions on this topic. Some say when the trichomes are getting "cloudy" rather than being clear, and I have also been told when the trichome has formed a bubble top on it is mature enough to be harvested.

I have also heard that it is not a bad thing to harvest early because the trichomes will be fresher. Yet I have also heard that if you don't wait long enough you will "miss the best part".

So what do you guys think? Pull earlier or later to maintain potency and taste?

They turn from clear to a milky opel color. Takes a good eye and I also use a pocket microscope and or a magnifyinng glass. Wait til 60 to 70% does it.
Its how the pros do it bro. Waiting for the pistils (hairs) to change is more for the beginners dude. Does this help to clarify your Qs?

I finally took the time to look through all the pages. :cheesygrinsmiley: Great pics as usual, RooRman! I love your glass collection, and I must say, those are some tasty looking buds on the plant you posted. Keep up the good work!

:peace:

RooRman, I have truely entered a realm of advanced, and artistic MJ accessories. I'll admit it it, even as an advocate of Mother Herb since a time before dirt and water, I had no clue that such awesome devices exisisted until my eyes first gazed upon these electronic pages last April. My old trusty brass pipe shall soon follow the plight of Mhorr's Gazelles, slipping quietly into extinction.

InYourEndo said:
i would shoot for somewhere inbetween.... i have started going by the rate of growth and the tri's when i cant see any new growth or new white hairs i start checking the trichroms. kinda like popcorn.. when theres only a few pops every couple of seconds its done....when the tri's become amber is when the thc starts to degrade... ideally you want to harvest right b4 this happens. a little early is not a bad thing either better early than late... most likely if you harvest early you might have a little less thc content but it also could lead to a nicer lighter high not so couchlock.. if you get what im saying.. not to mention they still will mature a bit after you cut them. i know i ramble a lot...

endo

Sounds good. I am going for EXTREME couclock here, so I guess I will wait to harvest for a couple more week. They still need adequate flushing as well.

johnnypotsmoker said:
I finally took the time to look through all the pages. :cheesygrinsmiley: Great pics as usual, RooRman! I love your glass collection, and I must say, those are some tasty looking buds on the plant you posted. Keep up the good work!

:peace:

Thanks. I try and smoke the good buds through good pipes. But I think my glass collecting days are over. I have so many pipes, and only one mouth to use them all!

OldSkoool said:
RooRman, I have truely entered a realm of advanced, and artistic MJ accessories. I'll admit it it, even as an advocate of Mother Herb since a time before dirt and water, I had no clue that such awesome devices exisisted until my eyes first gazed upon these electronic pages last April. My old trusty brass pipe shall soon follow the plight of Mhorr's Gazelles, slipping quietly into extinction.

Yes, a nice glass pipe is miles ahead of anything made from metal. Smoother, more taste, easier to clean. Much better for you and your smoke. Isn't it awesome to find such amazing and functional smoking devices exist? Once I discovered RooR, I was hooked.

Urdedpal said:
They turn from clear to a milky opel color. Takes a good eye and I also use a pocket microscope and or a magnifyinng glass. Wait til 60 to 70% does it.
Its how the pros do it bro. Waiting for the pistils (hairs) to change is more for the beginners dude. Does this help to clarify your Qs?

Awesome. I have heard cloudyness was the thing to look for, just wasn't so sure of where to look. My hairs have already changed, so if I believed they were done from that sign, I would have pulled them. But I have kept a strict timeline of these plants, so I know they have a couple weeks to go. So what do you think of my feeble attempts at cannabis cultivation, oh Great One?! :adore: :laughtwo:

The buds are bulking up everyday! I am so excited to see how much more it will put on before they are done, because it seems like it will be substantial.

Also, the nice plant is starting to really "foxtail" on the top, which is characteristic of some pretty killer strains. I still don't know what strain it is, because it is good bagseeds. But if I were to take an educated guess, taking into account trichome density, Indica-dom characteristics, the strong hashy smell, and the fact that it's making foxtails, I would guess it is some kind of Kush plant. However, this is, like I said, just a educated guess.

More chronic buds. It smells very strongly, has a pleasent "cheese" like odor. This lead me to believe it may perhaps be the strain called "Cheese", it looks alot like it, and sure smells to fit the part! Very potent, Sativa like head-high as well.

Chronic_7-26-061.JPG

I must confess, I don't exclusivley use my RooR. I have other things I enjoy as well. This is my octopus slide, which has a large bowl, on my "zong" like waterpipe, with my glass octopus jar with the chronic cheesyness inside. Also, some Red Stripe Jamaican Lager for good measure.

:cool: Thanks for looking, Enjoy!:cool:

Looking good Cheeseman. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Bump. :cheesygrinsmiley:

(Sorry, I had to,)

Blaze 1's are a brand of bongs from Blazin jay's out of chico california which is also where i believe the logo and that lighter came from :smokin:

high quality glass if i remember right

that lighter is sick as fuck

nice buds too

Just some of my stuff. Pictured is -
4 Glass Jars, Wicca Box, Green Glow blacklight Spoon Pipe w/ pouch, Grey Goose Vodka, Beefeater Gin, Bambu Pure Hemp Papers 1 1/4", Zippo Sapphire Blue Lighter, & Mag-lite Solitaire flashlight.

The_Goods.JPG

Back
Top Bottom