Root Aphids?

JCTJ

Hey all, looking for confirmation on what these critters are exactly and what I can do to stop them! I believe I'm looking at root aphids but I want to be sure what to do next. Thanks!

-Sorry for putting this in the wrong forum, didn't realize there was a pests sub forum.

They might be springtails? When you fill with water do they all stay floating and popping up off water? I have 1 of 6 pots completely infested with springtails and the rest are clear of them.
I have tried to find out if they are benificial to the soil but can’t find a good answer.
I know now from my own experience they didn’t harm the growth of the plant with them and in fact, it may actually be doing better than her sister clone under same lighting conditions.

Hey @JCTJ how did you make out with this?

Hey there!

Things went surprisingly well despite the critters! All 4 plants have been successful harvested. I used a combination of diatomaceous earth, h2o2 and letting the top layer of medium dry out as much as possible. None of these methods totally eradicated the bugs but definitely allowed me to get through to harvest time without further issue.

Back
Top Bottom