Root bound advice

hd07

O.K. some of my questions have been answered by other posts so I apologize if I'm being redundant. I've got two Blue Venom Plants in custom soil mix three gal. pots growing outside.full time 12/12. One of my plants is 31inches tall the other is about 27 inches tall. The small one is short and thick and developing a pretty thick cola. the other one is more spread out. both appear to be budding nicely. I'm about 5 to 6 weeks in to flowering. I'm not sure if I'm root bound yet but when i stick my finger about two inches into the soil I cant feel the roots. The roots aren't coming out of the bottom yet though.Should I just leave them like they are and keep an eye on them or should I transplant? My gut felling is to just leave them alone. I don't want to shock them or hermie them. I'm actually terrified of transplanting. Any advice would be appreciated. ;)

I think you're fine bro, I'd be very surprised if you were root bound. Besides, at this point transplanting would probabiy cause more unneeded stress than it would help.

I used to always have problems with root circling and my plants getting root bound. The best thing you can do is use a product called "Smart Pots" or soft pots made by ROOTS ORGANICS. I use mostly 3 gallon with the occasional 5 gallon pot. The pots are made out of fabric which allows the roots to breathe, and instead of getting root bound the air prunes the roots without damaging them. This leads to stronger root systems. I also use a product called Kangaroots which is a root drench that causes the roots to get very fibrous and able to soak up tons of water. The only problem I see with using soft pots is when I water the water tends to evaporate quicker. I solved that problem by putting hay over the top of the soil in the pots so when I water the light from my grow lamps and dehumidifier doesn't make the water evaporate instantly. I've been using these soft pots for about 10 cycles now and I love them. They are reusable as well.

Cool thanks guys, my plants are total opposites tall and branched and short and compact with a nice cola brewing. think i'll let em ride the rest of the way out. I appreciate the input.

Since you mentioned it, I exclusively use Superoots Air-Pots now. I absolutely love them! My last harvest was several 4 foot plus plants in 3.5 gallon pots, and the roots looked great.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom