Root bugs or russet mites?

Diyandimitrov

So how u can see from the fist pictures on the top of the plant I see some strange brown colour instead of fresh green new growth. It looks like russet mites but I spray my plants with green cleaner and neem lol twice a weak. I check them for russets but I dont see them under my leafs and I know well how they looks like. I check my roots and I see some brown bugs. I'm if u can see it from the pictures but they are in the soil. Did u guys think those bugs can cost that brown new growth I have ?

20210514_140227_HDR.jpg

20210514_140223_HDR.jpg

20210514_140107.jpg

20210514_140054_HDR.jpg

20210514_135947.jpg

20210514_135938.jpg

20210514_135743.jpg

20210514_135709.jpg

Any chance it’s just rust from overwatering?

Hmm brown bugs doesn’t narrow it down and sorry maybe it’s just me but I can’t see crap in those pics. Knock a few off and capture on scotch tape to get close up pic. Web search for bug identification sites

Most of us have seen a spider mite with our bare eyes but my understanding is that we can’t see a russet mite since they are microscopic. So snip a few leaves and take it to the microscope.

Use nature to fight nature - nematodes and beneficial insects from build a soil or arbico. But as I recall you run a large grow op, maybe put some permanent mojo on this problem. Buy once - cry once..... start your planning long before beneficial critters are shipped to set up a controlled environment to raise your critters in. This way you can raise beneficials permanently and release every 2 weeks to keep your greenhouse stabilized.

nematodes, rove beetles, hypoaspis miles predator mites, neoseiulus californicus, and lady bugs but for a larger grow op this would be real cheap insurance.

Alright you know the deal - my 2 cents, your mileage may vary, see what other replies come in

I made 10k lbs per year and I'm positive I can see russets under my leaf especially when they are alot. And you dont need microscop to see them if there its many od them. I'm jus5 switchig from california to oklahoma so I'm not familiar with. Bugs and dresses here but I believe they are all same mites and dessises

Yea that looks a little more to me like it's nutrient or watering-related than bugs. What are you feeding and how often are you watering?

@Emilya has a keen eye for nutrient issues before the plant even realises she's hungry though, so she might be able to provide some helpful insight!

Russet mites are microscopic. 420% on that unless superman eyes.

Looks like water issue to me.

Problems in soil are usually root aphids and I dont see them. Soil looks fine.

Add some neem cake to it - top dress can even make a tea and foliar that on diluted it will get rid of all the pests....

Get a microscope and take some pics and post those... Rule 20 - Always look under the leaves... :hookah:

I spray them twice a weak like monsay green clraner and trusday. Then monday neem oil 100% and then Tuesday again green cleaner and I was doing that for last 30 days I shouldn't have any bugs or Shit. Just thay brown colour confuse me cause thats how russet mites looks like I know cause they attack my plants alot for the last 2 years. Can be nutritions deficiency ? Cause they are transplant in peat moss with npk 0-0-0 and I feed them with 300-400 ppm once a weak cause they are small plants

Privet ... still need to check for russets with a microscope.

I've had them and found the only thing to get rid of them is Sulfur.

Wetable sulfur is easy spray on once and they are gone. Bonide (BND1428)

Everything else I tried did not work completely I always got them back in short order unless I sprayed like you 2x a week. Use the wetable sulfur - it comes in a fine powder 2tbs per gallon water and shake sprayer frequently. Only need a light application tops of btms of leaves stems branches and soil surface.

Your plants will feel and look happier. It will leave a white residue on the leaves.

You can spray that off with plain water a few days later if it bothers you.

Becareful if you are using oils - Neem oil and sulfur dont really mix well. You can burn leaves. Suggest stopping the oils and waiting then spray the sulfur.

Well what I know for sulfur its I cant mix with any oil prodcts and all I use now its 3 different oils cause the cleaner have some type of oil too I forgot wich one. And I also heared if I decide to use sulfur I have to make a gap between those oil products and sulfur line 2-3 weeks to be drafty.so idk I try it once thay powder one last year. And I know russet are hard to kill but my system twice a weak works for now. But I stop doing that in a 4 weak of flowering cause I fucked up my hairs

And yea they aways come back after some time cauae they are around us in thw nature so we cant stop them permanently with organic shit. But I use avid floramite pylon and 2 more sympathetic poisons and they was doing miracles I dont even know russets exists when I use those poisons but I stop it cause u cant sele your weed in a white market if you using those shits. So I switch to organic 3,4 years ago and its not easy to fight nature.

Sulfur.. what the pros use. Yup wait a week or 2 before using it after oils. I've never burned my plants with sulfur. I don't use neem oil its gota nasty flavor very hard to get rid of.
I can taste it when I puff my flowers so I only used it 1x.

Can use neem cake - add to your soil. Its got the same active ingredient as the oil but no oil and not as concentrated.

Those poisons are not for use on cannabis.

Privet ... still need to check for russets with a microscope.

I've had them and found the only thing to get rid of them is Sulfur.

Wetable sulfur is easy spray on once and they are gone. Bonide (BND1428)

Everything else I tried did not work completely I always got them back in short order unless I sprayed like you 2x a week. Use the wetable sulfur - it comes in a fine powder 2tbs per gallon water and shake sprayer frequently. Only need a light application tops of btms of leaves stems branches and soil surface.

Your plants will feel and look happier. It will leave a white residue on the leaves.

You can spray that off with plain water a few days later if it bothers you.

Becareful if you are using oils - Neem oil and sulfur dont really mix well. You can burn leaves. Suggest stopping the oils and waiting then spray the sulfur.

How often can you spray sulfer if it doesnt get rid of it the first time?

You need to check the label and follow it. I used 2 tbs per gal and sprayed they were gone.

I didn't get them back but I sprayed again in 10 day intervals. I also bud wash after harvest - the wetable sulfur leaves a white residue on the leaves. Its perfectly normal and sulfur is organic and good for plants and hoo-man. Just not good burning it

You need to check the label and follow it. I used 2 tbs per gal and sprayed they were gone.

I didn't get them back but I sprayed again in 10 day intervals. I also bud wash after harvest - the wetable sulfur leaves a white residue on the leaves. Its perfectly normal and sulfur is organic and good for plants and hoo-man. Just not good burning it
Cool, I was to know if you used recommended rate or higher. I sprayed once but I will continue to spray as a preventative from now on...Cheers

I always use the label - sometimes it gets confusing since cannabis wont be one of the plants on the list so I err on the side of caution and go with a lower amount and wash after harvest.

It's become my go to really.

I get aphids. We live in farm country so they are here. They can be a challenge due to their reproductive strategies. They have many.

Russets are easy once you figure out what they are. My problem with Russets I couldn't see them even with a scope. Once I realized how small they were, it all came into focus. Wow....

I originally over-reacted as it was almost impossible to get rid of them totally.

So try the sulfur you should have good result just need to follow up with another spray and I think the label says every 10 days or so.. side benefit you also get rid of PM and any molds coming your way. Which is the primary pest for Sulfur.

I always use the label - sometimes it gets confusing since cannabis wont be one of the plants on the list so I err on the side of caution and go with a lower amount and wash after harvest.

It's become my go to really.

I get aphids. We live in farm country so they are here. They can be a challenge due to their reproductive strategies. They have many.

Russets are easy once you figure out what they are. My problem with Russets I couldn't see them even with a scope. Once I realized how small they were, it all came into focus. Wow....

I originally over-reacted as it was almost impossible to get rid of them totally.

So try the sulfur you should have good result just need to follow up with another spray and I think the label says every 10 days or so.. side benefit you also get rid of PM and any molds coming your way. Which is the primary pest for Sulfur.

I've bought a sulfur burner to use in between cycles and during veg as well just to be sure. Russet wiped out 2 potential harvest for me which devastated me and I cannot afford to lose another. I've even heard people's business have gone bankrupt due to these POS.

Also I think Spinosad is good for aphids if I remember correctly...do you spray just sulfur or do you add surfactant to it also?

With the wetable sulfur I just use sulfur and shake the bottle while spraying.

I use a sulfur vaporizer too that works pretty good but didnt take out the aphids. It did work for russet mites.

I use that In veg and up to 1/2 way thru flower and always bud wash.

Spinosad does work but I've stopped using it since it's not on the approved list for cannabis.

The reasoning is silly but I'm ok with it. Got other tools in my tool box.

Russets can get out of hand. I'm always looking for them.

So you spray sulfur and use sulfur vaporizer in the same week? Sorry for asking so many question brother, I'm just sick of these things, they're making me paranoid lol thanks for the replies

I've heard lost coast works for aphids too...I never had them *Knock on wood*

Back
Top Bottom