Root health - checking roots at harvest: how should they look?

Thanks, my Northern Lights and Durban Poison were both low odor until they went to cure. Opening a jar releases a cloud of delicious pine lemon and slight skunk. This is perfect for me, they can stink in the jars, just not in my hidden grow cabinet! Green Crack is also listed by many breeders as low odor thats why I have an eye on it.

Northern Lights Fem: ( 2nd grow) great stuff! perfect for late night relaxation. (first pic many weeks from harvest--it got ugly the last few weeks.)

Cool, a fellow Nikon Dslr user. I'm using a Nikon D610 and an old micro lens with manual adjustments. I'm on the search for a better lens for tricome shots... Maybe the 105 macro. Sadly most of my pictures are from my iphone for convenience.

e3_3.JPG

IMG_0537.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG
18-55mm with a set of +2 /+4 / +8 / +10 and a diffuser for the flash is ideal

18-55mm with a set of +2 /+4 / +8 / +10 and a diffuser for the flash is ideal

Very cool, but I'd love a lens to get deep into the tricomes. Problem with my current macro is that the Depth of field is so narrow you only get parts of the bud in focus. It works but could be better. Next grow, I'll work flashes, lighting etc and see if I can get some good pics. The two hobbies work nicely together with the right skill.

Very cool, but I'd love a lens to get deep into the tricomes. Problem with my current macro is that the Depth of field is so narrow you only get parts of the bud in focus. It works but could be better. Next grow, I'll work flashes, lighting etc and see if I can get some good pics. The two hobbies work nicely together with the right skill.
Problem is, if you use a 70-200mm lens you need to be 1.2 meters away and your depth of field is almost zero
Using 24-35mm F4 +2 you simply get closer and let more light in

Problem is, if you use a 70-200mm lens you need to be 1.2 meters away and your depth of field is almost zero
Using 24-35mm F4 +2 you simply get closer and let more light in

I hear you, I think we may be on different pages though. I have a bag of good Nikon prime lenses 24, 50, 85 etc.. (I prefer primes) and a few telephotos that I rarely use.

I owned a Micro lens (below) that got inches from the subject and it was amazing. yes, the DOF is narrow but it can really show tricomes in a way that standard lenses can't. My current Macro lens is a 55 Nikon Micro lens but its slow and I don't have room for my tripod.

AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED | Nikon

I use Pumice Rice Hulls and Pre-charged Biochar

Do the rice hulls work well? my goal is to lighten things up a bit without effecting PH too much. It's funny that I don't see rice hulls mentioned often...They seem like they would work well.

Do the rice hulls work well? my goal is to lighten things up a bit without effecting PH too much. It's funny that I don't see rice hulls mentioned often...They seem like they would work well.
Yes they work well.
I bought a 50# bale of rice hulls last year, I use them in all my pots for everything I grow not just cannabis.
Gives good aeration especially when in combination with pumice and as the hulls break down adds Silica to the soil

Yes they work well.
I bought a 50# bale of rice hulls last year, I use them in all my pots for everything I grow not just cannabis.
Gives good aeration especially when in combination with pumice and as the hulls break down adds Silica to the soil

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom