Root Riot Starter Plugs

I have been using rockwool cubes for seeds but when I was at my local Hydro store I saw a bag of these Root Riot plugs on the shelf. I asked one of the store's owners about them and she said they are great for starting seeds in. I have 4 seeds in them as of this morning and am curious if anyone else is using them with any amount of success.

Here is some info from their website:

Manufactured from composted organic materials, these newly available plant starting cubes have a great spongy texture which retains an ideal air to water ratio for healthy, rapid root growth.

Suitable for both propagating cuttings and starting seeds, Root Riot Organic Plant Starter Cubes have been shown to consistently outperform alternative medias.

Root Riot Organic Plant Starter Cubes are specially inoculated with both micro-nutrients, which help to nourish the young seedlings, and beneficial rooting fungi, which naturally aids the root development process in young plants.

In short, you can't go wrong by starting your seeds or sticking your cuttings in Root Riot Organic Plant Starter Cubes!

It all sounds good, particularly the preloaded with micro-nutes and beneficial fungi. I'll update in a day or two when these seeds pop.

I have been using rockwool cubes for seeds but when I was at my local Hydro store I saw a bag of these Root Riot plugs on the shelf. I asked one of the store's owners about them and she said they are great for starting seeds in. I have 4 seeds in them as of this morning and am curious if anyone else is using them with any amount of success.

Here is some info from their website:

Manufactured from composted organic materials, these newly available plant starting cubes have a great spongy texture which retains an ideal air to water ratio for healthy, rapid root growth.

Suitable for both propagating cuttings and starting seeds, Root Riot Organic Plant Starter Cubes have been shown to consistently outperform alternative medias.

Root Riot Organic Plant Starter Cubes are specially inoculated with both micro-nutrients, which help to nourish the young seedlings, and beneficial rooting fungi, which naturally aids the root development process in young plants.

In short, you can't go wrong by starting your seeds or sticking your cuttings in Root Riot Organic Plant Starter Cubes!

It all sounds good, particularly the preloaded with micro-nutes and beneficial fungi. I'll update in a day or two when these seeds pop.

I started off using rock wool and went to root riot cubes and I can say that they are great for starting seeds, even without germinating them first...I just stuff my seed in the root riot cubes and have had 100% success so far...Also, I have been using them for my clones and have done great with them as well!!! Definitely recommend them!!:reading420magazine:

I have one warning for people using Root Riot cubes. I had seedlings die on me because the root was restricted and could not penetrate the organic peat material. MAKE SURE you poke something all the way through the cube to ensure proper root development.

I prefer these plugs to those rockwool cubes for cloning.

For seedlings I just use the same promix they will go into pots with. No reason, just cheap I guess. Having said that I also get decent results cloning into promix with no cloning gel or whatever, I might just stick to that and ditch these things as well.

I've never used rock wool before and put my trust into root riot :thumb:

Seeds where dibbed into cube by 5mm aprox and soaked for 24 hours all germinated well with in 48 hours with in another 4 to 5 days young healthy white roots was poking out through base of cube :adore:

Clones have been taken & used with clonex plus root roit cubes with success.

Keep root riot cubes moist & ya will not have a problem.

Back
Top Bottom