Root rot in dwc/really slow growth in soil

help me

• Total voters

4richy

hi all u pot smokers and growers out there ,just joined up, as a last resort.Right here we go .Been grow,n 4 years had no probs thought ? oh this is easy ,ak47,magic bud,skunkberry,bubbleberry,super bud, all good ,soooo easy ,then my mate asked set up a room, first crop good then everything went wrong ,no yields soils plants falling over dying, dwc,s slimey roots,ever since then ive moved grow rooms had to shut original room down ,hey,i tryd everything man,when I moved property I had really good results for 3 crops ,REALLY GOOD LIKE pineapple express perfect then same again nursery stopped moving mother same leaves felt dry and bit crispy,flower room leaves yellow from large fan leaves inward growth stopped same as b4 iv had seeds stay alive but are slow as hell and yield a joke frankly, .Here are the things ive tried oxy plus ,helpd but,?well not the answer exellaroot h&g,rhizotonic,no aquashield little bit if you overdose it vitamin b1, uh no!,coco coir,uh no! andall the cannaxpress products.My current is 8seeds super bud they are very slow, mind.as I am disabled its my only source of income soo its a bastard.Going to try compost tea next,its weird because when it was bad at other property the ph was going up like mad in 24 hours but on this one in dwc it was stable with same results, brown roots on entry to water I knew what was coming so put them in soil to try to save them, not good practice but hay>? just thought id say the guy hoos room I set up wen probs started has allotment growing all types of veg did he bring infection to us coes that wen it all started,shoudnt have been greedy everything was cool till I went over his please help had fuck full now.

If your roots are rotting then you need more oxygen in the water.

If the temperature is too high then the water can not hold enough oxygen. However if your water temp is under 80 degrees then you need more air pumping into it. Get more air pumps.

to be honest. that was really hard to read.

Please use spaces/paragraphs, and try to catch some spelling/grammar mistakes.

anyways. what it seems like. is yes, he brought over a infection more than likely called plythium.

in order to rid yourself of it... its easier too cut everything down, clean everything VERY well. then AFTER you clean everything... clean it again with bleach. Soak it in bleach and HOT water. scrub it down again etc. and rinse in HOT water.

do this to everything involved in your grow enviroment. Tubs, walls, etc. and replace your air lines, air stones, etc. EVERYTHING.

next. go out and purchase some "aquashield" and run this generously in your DWC's and even in your soil if you use it. that stuff is great. it wont cure plythium or other infections. (as by the time those infections take hold. they are VERY powerfull) but they will prevent it from returning.

now all that said... you can TRY to save them. but. its a lot of work. it will stunt them for weeks, and not always successful. but if you want help trying to fix that i have a grow jounal from last year some time where i battled plythium and won. but keep in mind, it wasted a LOT of time, and it was in its early stages.

anyways. best of luck

first up, sorry about the spelling ive got bad dislexyia, sorry fella and never went to school much.im well experienced ,don't want blow smoke up my ass ,but people around me having been doing this for 15 years and we are all to a degree having probs but no one as bad as me. the other guys can only grow in soil now. Well me! I cant do either, doing my fuckin heed in man. You like my scottish accent there. Anyways it defo has fusarium features ,my mate has had results against it with algae from his fish tank so as you can see we have done a lot of testing on this over last 18 months,he got fish tank just for that purpose.After EXAUSTING every angle this chatting to you guys has been my last port of call. You just watch these last 8 babies ,super bud, they will go same cos they seeds they will stay alive it will b slow process and they,ll yield 20 grams each plant? yeh I know 20 g,s fuuuking joke man. as a response to cleaning advice ,I h2o2,d everything dude,fucking stuff only disapates when diluted with water I put in neat ,the bastard is still about in there ,im burning myself! ha,ha.SO im from s,wales uk my tap water is moderately soft. PH is normaly at 6.5 to7.5 b4 I touch it, but last 12,16 months it really fluctuating.Yesterday 6.4 by the way lowest in year, all the way up to 8.4. I have try all sorts of things with water ,boil, leave to stand 24hs filtered water, whats fucks me off is my mates and I have this but I can give dodgy cuttings to my old man, or mate and they grow perfectly which throws spanner in THE works ??? .By the way that thread about air stones and temps thanks whoever send it ,but old news fella.im way beyond that level im at a stage where its gone deep man im talking to peeps whos profesh horticult,s and we b going into technical shit like ,I seem to know all about the war between roots and pathegens, But cant stop them, ive got two or three things ive not tryd ,hydrogaurd compost tea , ive forgot the thurd one ,,compost tea consisting of zho, myco, wormcasting ,unsulfured molasses. I try,d doing one other day but changed castings to horse shit ,it fermented and shit, so must be multiplying in microbial activity but then reilzed horse shit gotta compost for 2_3 months otherwise you breed e,coli ,got three kids and shit sooo scrapped that 1 .Will do real 1 this week wit ingredients I said earlier. SO guys im lost. HAD PLANT OTHERDAY,ops sorry left caps on. it was fukd gave to dad it was fine in 2 weeks, same food same everyting if it was diseased why when we give plants to some peeps they completely come bak ,ive also had a little success wit mycorhizal, for a while perfect then BANG bak again ?have we bread a super pathogen ?hmmm!!!! how can send a sample off in uk?, as far as I know I cant, what time scale are we looking at here .Its 10.47 am in shitty s,wales and also had ok ish results with afgan kush all around it were falling but he yielded about 2 oz which is shit but hey better than nowt only plant to do soin 18 mths

Welcome to 420 magazine =)
Firstly, let me apologise up front for my rant.

You need to calm down brother, the helpers in here have many thousands of lines of text we have to read each week, with just a little bit of effort on your part to create paragraph with spaces between and tidy up your language a little, will actually and genuinely help save a few headaches.

Now, here is a little something for you to read to get you started.

Do I Have Bad Room Syndrome?

Please select one grow, plant,medium or room to deal with and focus on that, we cant help if your all over the place and talking about many different rooms and crops and stages of development. Focus on one grow and give us the details in a more professional format such as...
How to Ask for Grow Support

by focusing on a single plant or grow and looking at pictures and symptoms in a clinical manner, we could probably identify your issues and come up with a solution.

I apologise if this process is frustrating, but would you rather you get a whole bunch of ideas you have already though of yourself, or would you rather the problem gets solved in undramatic fashion ;)

ok fella sorry about the language wont happen again and I will do my best with punctuation im not very good at it. I will go and get data right and get back to you bud.thanks again for the reply

first up, sorry about the spelling ive got bad dislexyia, sorry fella and never went to school much.im well experienced ,don't want blow smoke up my ass ,but people around me having been doing this for 15 years and we are all to a degree having probs but no one as bad as me. the other guys can only grow in soil now. Well me! I cant do either, doing my fuckin heed in man. You like my scottish accent there. Anyways it defo has fusarium features ,my mate has had results against it with algae from his fish tank so as you can see we have done a lot of testing on this over last 18 months,he got fish tank just for that purpose.After EXAUSTING every angle this chatting to you guys has been my last port of call. You just watch these last 8 babies ,super bud, they will go same cos they seeds they will stay alive it will b slow process and they,ll yield 20 grams each plant? yeh I know 20 g,s fuuuking joke man. as a response to cleaning advice ,I h2o2,d everything dude,fucking stuff only disapates when diluted with water I put in neat ,the bastard is still about in there ,im burning myself! ha,ha.SO im from s,wales uk my tap water is moderately soft. PH is normaly at 6.5 to7.5 b4 I touch it, but last 12,16 months it really fluctuating.Yesterday 6.4 by the way lowest in year, all the way up to 8.4. I have try all sorts of things with water ,boil, leave to stand 24hs filtered water, whats fucks me off is my mates and I have this but I can give dodgy cuttings to my old man, or mate and they grow perfectly which throws spanner in THE works ??? .By the way that thread about air stones and temps thanks whoever send it ,but old news fella.im way beyond that level im at a stage where its gone deep man im talking to peeps whos profesh horticult,s and we b going into technical shit like ,I seem to know all about the war between roots and pathegens, But cant stop them, ive got two or three things ive not tryd ,hydrogaurd compost tea , ive forgot the thurd one ,,compost tea consisting of zho, myco, wormcasting ,unsulfured molasses. I try,d doing one other day but changed castings to horse shit ,it fermented and shit, so must be multiplying in microbial activity but then reilzed horse shit gotta compost for 2_3 months otherwise you breed e,coli ,got three kids and shit sooo scrapped that 1 .Will do real 1 this week wit ingredients I said earlier. SO guys im lost. HAD PLANT OTHERDAY,ops sorry left caps on. it was fukd gave to dad it was fine in 2 weeks, same food same everyting if it was diseased why when we give plants to some peeps they completely come bak ,ive also had a little success wit mycorhizal, for a while perfect then BANG bak again ?have we bread a super pathogen ?hmmm!!!! how can send a sample off in uk?, as far as I know I cant, what time scale are we looking at here .Its 10.47 am in shitty s,wales and also had ok ish results with afgan kush all around it were falling but he yielded about 2 oz which is shit but hey better than nowt only plant to do soin 18 mths

the worm castings/zho/aquashield/molasses is what i used. it will pretty much keep your rez nasty's free even if you leave the lid off and have crazy high temps in your rez. (dont purposely try that obviously..)

anyways. if you can fill out the form that giga posted. ill try to help you out further as well

cheers

strain super bud,think its 70-30 indica-sativa when normal 3-5 weeks veg I water when pots pretty dry,RH is 60% ish I can atler to my desire ,llumi 600 watt dual spec,as I said before will give you size of room but had three dif rooms in three dif places all same they are ok first say 2 crops, then your peeing against the wind as they say..So room size is 1.5 m2 plenty of air going in and out with slight negative pressure which is good yeh. FEED/cannaxpress re-gen-a-root, wilt guard,/ionic range/, formulex for babies etc.,h&g multizyme first 3-4 weeks. aquashield ,superthive,also,,, had bit of success with h&g roots exelorator but not using now, starting in 1 litre pots then to 5,ltre then 12-15 litre 5-6 days b4 going in too flwr, sometimes I go straight in big pot from 1-2 litre. I use gold label special mix at mo with 60% mix and 40% perlite , some clay pees sometimes ,temps 83-86* on 65-70* off. Humidity goes up when off but I can control that if I thought that what was the problem, FLOWER/FEED/RH/CYCLE/etc...12/12 feed is plant magic soil bloom 1ml per litre starting off/ half the dose it tells you to start on and then I pyramid the feed i.e up and down.plt/ magic magne-cal supplement at 0.5 per litre/ plt mgc bloom boost/ I use re-gen-a-root for full cycle but have used h&g roots exelorator first 10 days of flower as it developes the downstairs so fast the upstairs are budding within half the time important to say I don't use re-gen-a-root at this 10 day period when all is well this works very well 8 weekers can go to 7 week finishers,, also h&g pk13-14 at 4-5 weeks I bring RH down at end of flowering for the trico,s to become more oily (which I find defo works) when all is well I use two 600 watts in flower keep temps the same ,mid 80 son high 60,s off room is 7 ft tall I can ajust light to suitable height whenever... When I get to flwr. if I made it b4 disease kicks in if it comes on in flwr all leaves fall off from bottom big fan leaves up growth stops and they limp over line even some plants have fallen over,to week to stand and hold its own weight, a plant which has previously given you 6 ozs gives you20 grams of shiit? well I think I covered everything if not tell me what I left out

remember guys, although I gave you this current data, if thinking when considering problem, I wil tell you,s that out of last three grows that all went the way of the doe-doe ,one was in small room decked with proper silver sheeting one was attic in grow tent, last one was outhouse in new grow tent all end up the same.. I inoculated the last 5,, I brought from last room with mycorhizae fungi they were babies 4 died in a 10 day period, one went absolutely bonkers and I kept it and mothered it, had two crops great results! in 6 weeks 3 days DONE I mean DONE, and then he and all others went same again

can you think of any common denominator between grows, equipment you have moved from room to room e.t.c I can think of at least one thing all these grows have in common...you

Have you heard of Occam's razor? well it generally states that the most obvious answer is usually right.

I believe that you are either bringing a disease in with you, you are calculating something incorrectly or you are using so many mixed chemicals you could be getting an unexpected reaction or something.

I propose that you go back to basics on your next grow to rule everything out...just you, a light, a seed, some ok soil and some generic A B nutes and see how you fare.

That's my conclusion.

been there fella done that one ,sometimes only thing that's kept them just about alive is the ferts ive told you about. I have tried going back to basics when it all started 18 ish months ago, didn't work, that's when I experimented with all dif ferts and suplmts,these things have kept them alive !just! espesaily re-gen-a-root, whaw, what a product my dwc,s were dead and that keep them alive till end. Crap yield but would have died with out it. Anyway looks like im packing it in, done everything in my power. Crazy something which is so easy,becomes impossible.Hard to believe hey !wish id kept last ones in flower to take pics ,but I threw them out at 3 weeks into flower cos they would have given you guys a good look at the problem,lot of evidence to look at! these 8 I got now are in soil ,3 weeks since sprouted leaves are like !!leather!!! dry and makes crispish noise then you touch them ,and every day they droop there leaves for 2-3 hours,i mean really droop like they are beyond thirsty,you know when plant start feeding on themselves when theres no fluid left downstairs like cannibalism shit like that

dry and makes crispish noise then you touch them ,and every day they droop there leaves for 2-3 hours,i mean really droop like they are beyond thirsty,you know when plant start feeding on themselves when theres no fluid left downstairs like cannibalism shit like that
That sounds like classic overwatering (underoxygenating the roots). when the roots are having too much difficulty getting oxygen, all the little hairs wither and die making it extremely difficult for the plant to uptake water...even if its sat in a bowl of it.

the cure for this is to give them reduced light(to prevent leaf burn when spraying leaves) and keep them watered by foliar means, whilst you let the soil dry out or if in DWC, you need to at least double the air being pumped into the water and then give the roots chance to regenerate hairs.

i also about 6 months ago done experiment with six plants ,as I realized some water borne disease had taken over ,I had 6 babes in small pots and seen how little water they could servive on, they were slow but roots were pretty good and fuzzy,kept it going all way through and the yield was a joke, I know you think im doing something wrong because that's what I would think ,this is not your average difeciency or overwatering ,.Here comes a little bit of info for you about my grow history see if you think it has any bearing on now !! About 3 year ago when I was oblivious to these plant diseases as none of us had- had them we had not researched them/I would sometimes ,on occasions take a plant outa soil, clean It up and put in dwc with no probs, always good results by the way! lets say I run outta soil or something...Wouldn't do in a million years now/maybe ive created a bad infection.. cos I read about this being a BIG no no never to do thing??????? as I remember things I will feed them to you ...hey got nothing better to do ANY MORE..... AS of the pictures I wish I had my last lot which I threw out on 3 weeks in flower they mitta told you something ,

nibec, I am a cigarette smoker and just tossed out 5 from the aeroponics and am currently trying to save the best looking one. Does cigarette smoke introduce toxins into the system?

@ the original poster (sorry forgot your screen name), are your seeds from the same breeder or vendor? I tried as best as I could to read through what you wrote, but the lack of structure left my brain scrambled while reading, so I may have missed if you did mention using different breeders or vendors of seeds.

Nicotine is straight poison. I have seen smokers who don't wash their hands nictotine poison seedlings or clones to death.

So it's a possibility.

im inclined to agree. even tho I sit on the other side of the fence myself. ive lost a few plants in my time, but always with enough evidence to be non related to tobac, that said I think strain may have a part to play and although people like myself who have never lost a plant to my tobacco habbits, it could just be the strains I grow are not concerned by it...needs more testing to have a final answer.

Enough nicotine will kill almost anything. The question is , is the residual nicotine on your hands enough to harm them I guess.

I have seen seedlings die for no reason apart from potentially nictotine. But iv only encountered that from one particular grower that swears that was his problem. He started washing his hands after having a puff, and his seeds were stronger, and stopped dying:

Back
Top Bottom