Root Rot nightmare makes me want to give up

It's grey, right

Light comes in

But yer call.. I chased it for 3 weeks, finally taped my tub, goopies are gone
He’s totally right the light goes right through every bucket and tote. Just tape or cover the bucket you will see a difference. Test your theory. Put a bucket over your head and look towards the light. I garnered you will see light.

What's the ppm of your tap water? Can you stop with the tap and go get a couple 5 gallon water jugs and use reverse osmosis water instead and see how you do? Just be sure to add calimag to it. I'd pull airstones and lines and clean everything out really good, refill with clean ph'd nute water with z9 (important!) and you should hopefully be reset.

thx guys ill give a try. ive seen the fast growth of dwc between the problem stun coming back and forth and it makes me want to make it work so bad. id be glad if it could grow like this all the time :confused:

The nice thing is it'll be responsive. They usually react pretty fast if you do a full change.
Keep the light out like said, keep it cool and clean and sealed around the edges. Some nutes will also dye the roots, mine sure did. Adding the z7 really cleaned up the buildup though.

Last thing if you are adding any silica to the water make sure you do that before anything else and get it really really well shaken up before adding other stuff.

Agreed with those tubs letting light in.

Those tubs always caused me problems until I painted them black to block light, then white again to reflect light/heat.

With just the lid light proofed I would have a brown algae explosion within 24-48 hours.

I love DWC, but I hate how fragile it can be when it comes to res temps and light leaks.

Good bit of info here, for myself as well guys. With my new system, always looking for tips. I'll be painting my buckets tonight.

If no hydroguard use tarantula or voodoo juice from an. Both are about the same as hydroguard. Water temp of 68 or less, ph 5.8 - 6.2 means no root rot. I run my water at 64F, used hydroguard and tarantula...no rot. Your problem is water temp to high, lower it and use the additives and rot, pythium should be gone.

Forgive me if I missed this, but has no one mentioned water temps? I wouldn't dare even TRY this without a chiller because it would inevitably lead to root rot.

In the main post is says the MAX temp ever goes is 67F.

thx for tryin to help, but plz read before writing something...

btw. really no need for a waterchiller to get those water temp in a basement

so the verdict.... no more Pythium or Algue.... How ? I ditched them damn dwc buckets and retired the airpumps, Then threw everything in 3gal HempyBuckets. Case closed :bongrip::slide::headbanger:

seriously everything was starting to look good and all, growth came back in force. but I saw some slime coming back again and my big work season is starting so I wont have time play with trying methods and lose harvest/smoke.

Maybe Ill try it again later on

Back
Top Bottom