Root rot or not?

Kiiwi

Hi, i was wondering if a broken main stem could mimic root rot if it has been repaired poorly, is this possible?

Only asking because i have such problem atm. Growth beginning before the cracked stem is vigoorous, rich in colour and fast to grow, where as the growth above the crack is generally wilty, light in colour, leaves are small, twisted and the newest growth went limp yesterday (i mean they are drooping staright to the floor, feels like rubber when touched).

Obviously the growth above the damage is not getting water/nuts, i was foliar feeding the girl up until the day before yesterday and OVERNIGHT the drooping effect took hold.

I'll try to get a picture asap but meanwhile any diagnoses/advice is appreciated!

I'm thinking of cutting the stem from the cracked part, so the lost cause can't steal precious energy from the rest of the plant, is this advisable? Thanks in advance -Kiiwi

Here are few pics to try and clarify the situation in more detail.

Pamppu1.JPG

Pamppu2.JPG

Pamppu3.JPG

So, any ideas? P.S Damn, forgot to take a oic of the broken stem :X....well later then.

Its not root rot, its just the top of the plant is dieing.

The repair did not take hold. You have lost that part of the plant.

Sorry

Ok, thanks jim, that's kind of what i thought, so i took and amputated the lost limb (felt bad :S). I think i'll try to make something out of it with some water and ice.

Luckily the main of the plant is still alive and well and i expect some improvement in fact now that there's no need to try and keep the half dead foliage alive.

Back
Top Bottom