Rooting hormone to beef up main stem?

ManthaProductions

420 Member
Hi everyone, I'm super new to this forum but have about 10 years of growing experience. I had recently dripped some rooting hormone down one side of a desconocida kush by accident. the side it was on ended up swelling up, like some clones do. Which now has me curious and about to try a little experiment. My question is has anyone tried to enlarge a main stalk with rooting hormone. Would it be as good as I'm thinking it could be or is it gonna mess it up!?

Attachments

• DSC_0337.JPG
    DSC_0337.JPG
    479.5 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC_0337.JPG
    DSC_0337.JPG
    479.5 KB · Views: 292
I depends on what you wanting to take your risk on. There is only one way to find out buuut maybe take the risk on something you can lose. In the beginning for me, I did experiments on alot of plants but always on something I grew just for that purpose.

I have started experimenting with one of my Grapefruit Dream clones, I will update with pictures soon. So far the Desconocida Kush (which had rooting hormone on it due to accident) has continued to swell only where the hormone was. Doesn't seem to be slowing growth or any other negative's But a side by side with the Grapefruit Dreams should determine its effects. But surly someone has tried this right? Cannot seem to find any info on it.

Well thanks for looking as well, I will keep this post updated since there is no info. The Desconocida has continued to swell, almost doubled its original stem size. Seems to be taking it well still. Doesn't seem to work so well for young clones, after a few days on the Grapefruit Dream the leaves are starting to look like nute burn. I will watch this one and try with 2 further into veg. I have pictures of everything I will post asap. But so far it's looking good on the older plant, we shall see what happens.

Here is the original plant (Desconocida Kush). This is the accidental one, she is about a month old. Pictures taken today, 3 days after noticing swelling.

Attachments

• IMG_20180719_170838.jpg
    IMG_20180719_170838.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_20180719_170855.jpg
    IMG_20180719_170855.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_20180719_170917.jpg
    IMG_20180719_170917.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 287
Interesting that reaction tells me it swelled like it was damaged. Maybe the rooting hormone weakened that area causing the plant to over compensate, instead of the rooting hormone being helpful, it actually harmful topically. Any other side effects?

This is the Grapefruit Dream I was experimenting with, it has been rooted and put in soil for about a week now. I have applied rooting hormone 3 days ago to the stem, today the only change is the way the leaves look, And they don't look good. Already seeing that I should have tried on an older plant but... That experimenting, I used what I had. Going to keep an eye on these 2 and try a third one that is ready for nutes. THE FIRST PICTURE 3 Days Ago...

Attachments

• IMG_20180716_193647.jpg
    IMG_20180716_193647.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 297
Strange... It definitely doesn't like it. Maybe other restrains are more sensitive, but I conclude it's mean stuff topically, which is weird because it's used on such fragile cuttings.

And this is today, sorry I should have thought to take some of the top originally but I assure they looked a hell of a lot better 3 days ago, no swelling in the stem yet... And leaves are taking a beating...

Attachments

• IMG_20180719_170533.jpg
    IMG_20180719_170533.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_20180719_170654.jpg
    IMG_20180719_170654.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 289
Interesting that reaction tells me it swelled like it was damaged. Maybe the rooting hormone weakened that area causing the plant to over compensate, instead of the rooting hormone being helpful, it actually harmful topically. Any other side effects?
Not anything noticeable yet.

And this is today, sorry I should have thought to take some of the top originally but I assure they looked a hell of a lot better 3 days ago, no swelling in the stem yet... And leaves are taking a beating...
Yeah they looks alot like Nute burn reaction, it's too much...... Great experiment but I think you got your answer. Yowsa

Back
Top Bottom