Roots organic high ppm

HawaiiGrower

I’m using roots organic full nutrient line and mixed in a feeding for veg 2 following the chart and added 7 ml of cal mag from general hydroponics and got a ppm of 1600! Does this matter if using organic? Thank you for the help

not a bit... i would bet that most of my organic compost teas are well over 3000 ppm. The more chunks the better.

Uggh such a relief i thought I was going to have to dump out 3/4 of the gallon and dilute it to get the ppm down. So when using roots organic nutrients I would mainly just pay attention to the ph then and not ppm?

In a truly organic grow you would not need to worry about pH or ppms. Are you truly growing organically, and trying to cultivate a living soil? It is possible to grow with organic fertilizers and still not be growing truly organically. Your mixing of roots organics and general hydroponics calmag tells me that you are not truly organic... you just mixed a bunch of synthetic stuff in there. Anything from GH is poison to a living soil.

In a truly organic grow you would not need to worry about pH or ppms. Are you truly growing organically, and trying to cultivate a living soil? It is possible to grow with organic fertilizers and still not be growing truly organically. Your mixing of roots organics and general hydroponics calmag tells me that you are not truly organic... you just mixed a bunch of synthetic stuff in there. Anything from GH is poison to a living soil.

My plants are in 3 gallon smarts pots in fox farm ocean forest and I’m using roots organic nutrient lineup with my source of cal mag being from general hydroponics. My plants are almost 7 weeks old and I mixed the week 2 feeding following roots organics schedule with 7 ML of cal mag from GH and got a ppm of 1660. My question is should I dilute it to bring ppm down or can I leave it? Picture of plants right here
image.jpg

They were in roots organic original soil but store didn’t have any when I wanted to transplant to the 3 gallon so I just went with fox farm ocean forest instead

They were in roots organic original soil but store didn’t have any when I wanted to transplant to the 3 gallon so I just went with fox farm ocean forest instead
My plants are in 3 gallon smarts pots in fox farm ocean forest and I’m using roots organic nutrient lineup with my source of cal mag being from general hydroponics. My plants are almost 7 weeks old and I mixed the week 2 feeding following roots organics schedule with 7 ML of cal mag from GH and got a ppm of 1660. My question is should I dilute it to bring ppm down or can I leave it? Picture of plants right here
Nothing wrong with that soil as running an organic grow... but there are organic versions of calmag that would be more appropriate to what you are trying to do. The RO line is bringing in living organisms, and your next product is killing them.
ppm is a hydro concept that has very little meaning in soil... soil growers generally just mix up the nutes in a certain amount per gallon... and we don't even check the ppm. Your number, without my previous hydro experience, would be meaningless to me. Can you not find a soil feeding schedule for the RO line and just follow that without worrying about the ppm?

Nothing wrong with that soil as running an organic grow... but there are organic versions of calmag that would be more appropriate to what you are trying to do. The RO line is bringing in living organisms, and your next product is killing them.
ppm is a hydro concept that has very little meaning in soil... soil growers generally just mix up the nutes in a certain amount per gallon... and we don't even check the ppm. Your number, without my previous hydro experience, would be meaningless to me. Can you not find a soil feeding schedule for the RO line and just follow that without worrying about the ppm?

I’m already following the roots organic schedule. I mixed what the schedule said for veg week 2 and the ppm came out to 1650. My plants are almost 7 weeks. I just fed them with it though so we’ll see if that feeding was too much. Hopefully not and they just thrive. Should I discontinue the cal mag from GH?

I’m already following the roots organic schedule. I mixed what the schedule said for veg week 2 and the ppm came out to 1650. My plants are almost 7 weeks. I just fed them with it though so we’ll see if that feeding was too much. Hopefully not and they just thrive. Should I discontinue the cal mag from GH?
forgive me... i dont remember if you are running city water with chlorine, but if you are running clean water then you do have the option to turn this into a fairly powerful organic grow. The RO line is wonderful in that way... organic growing without all the building a soil hassles and it is no wonder that it is so thick as compared to synthetic nutes in a hydro setup. Your high ppm is perfectly normal, and just imagine what it would be later in flower!
If your intent is to grow organically there are certain rules to be followed, if you want to keep the microherd of organisms that come with the nutes alive, as well as the fungi that help support the roots. In a grow of this kind you are as much feeding the microlife as you are the plants.
First major rule... no chlorine.
Second, no chelated chemicals... and that eliminates GH products. So if your intent is to get all of the benefits of organic growing, using the RO line, I commend you... but do it correctly or you are wasting your money on an excellent program. If you follow all the rules and their instructions to the letter, you will not need to worry about pH or ppm ever again, and you will grow some of the best pot you have ever had, especially in that amazing sun. The best pot I have ever smoked so far was Kona Gold... 2 hits and I was gone.

Back
Top Bottom