Roots turned colors - Bad or no worry?

Droloh

(DWC bubble bucket no reservoir)I'm in beginning of week five veg. End of week four changed my water also went to stronger blend of nutes. Day later my roots are light brown-dark brown in some areas. Two days now still colored. The roots were pearly white before this change out(Ppm@1220) what happened, can it be fix? Should I worry or move on? H2o2? Also heard to leave some water in the bucket on change outs?

When I added B-52 supplement it stained my roots brown. Freaked me out at first. Plant looks great with no sign or smell of RR. Add Hydroguard to your water if in doubt.

Not sure how i post a picture. Looks like the roots are clearing up , I did nothing just been patient to see if anything changes. Lost my thermometer getting one today I usually have water around 72-75 my area stays that temp I guess. I'm thinking they got stained by Chem's plant is doing fine. Have couple tips turning color but nothing crazy. She finally showed preflower sex. It's a girl! Going 8 weeks of veg shes a beast

Not sure how i post a picture. Looks like the roots are clearing up , I did nothing just been patient to see if anything changes. Lost my thermometer getting one today I usually have water around 72-75 my area stays that temp I guess. I'm thinking they got stained by Chem's plant is doing fine. Have couple tips turning color but nothing crazy. She finally showed preflower sex. It's a girl! Going 8 weeks of veg shes a beast

You can upload a picture up where it says gallery. Once you have uploaded your picture, you can post it by pressing my photos on the bottom left corn of your reply window. You wanna keep you res temp under 70 but above 60. That will help you prevent root rot. I still managed to get root rot with 65 degree temps.

He's probably read the same things as i have... Above 70°and you can get root rot and under 60° water starts losing its ability to hold oxygen. Thats why 65ish°is the magic #, according to most info. I've seen people with temps from 55° to 70° that have been ok tho.

"Under 60 water loses ability to hold oxygen"
Not sure who told you that. It gets higher the closer it gets to freezing:

Oxygen Solubility in Fresh Water and Sea Water

I was more asking if anyone had actually had problems with slightly under 60f water. I already know my 57f water holds more oxygen than 60 water, but not sure if it is the best temp for the roots. I tried a search and did not find any good info, only misinformation like "less oxygen under 60"

Yeah thats the kind of stuff that you find when you look. Like i said, I've seen grows with rez temps from 55 to above 70 that were completely healthy. Thats why i take most internet advice with a grain of salt. My temps stay around 70 and i have not encountered any problems yet.
General consensus tho seems to be 65 is the sweet spot but I'm unsure as to where that consensus came from. Just seems to be the accepted prime temp. I would like to hear someone with more knowledge I the subject as well, OG.

Interested in your findings when you do, so please post what you come up with. Finally factual information from a known source. Lol

Back
Top Bottom