Roots

SmokingOnCali

How does lights effect roots? If a seedling roots are exposed to light what happens? Stunted growth or slowed growth?:Rasta: :ganjamon: :tokin:
Noob to growing but not smoking(since I was 14).

I agree about the algae, thankfully that's why we have things like hygrozyme and h202 to help keep the medium clean. I like the mother nature bit, reminds me to mention that our plants roots can actually use light, often receives some light reflected down the stem and reacts to light stimulus on the roots, the reaction can be dependant on the colour of the light....Mother nature has been kind enough to make our plant adaptable and in the right air conditions, it doesn't even need a medium and can grow dangling in mid air.

This "Sinapis-dogma" was refuted in a seminal study on root phototropism published a century ago, where it was shown that less then half of the 166 plant species investigated behave like S. alba, whereas 53% displayed no phototropic response at all.
Kutschera U, Briggs WR
Source

Department of Plant Biology, Carnegie Institution for Science, Stanford, CA 94305, USA.

Back
Top Bottom