Rosin Press: Information Thread

For anyone that is using just a hair straightener...

Lately, I've been pressing just straight kief with a hair straightener and it's turning out great. When I press buds I don't get nearly the yield, obviously. I bought a 600lb hand clamp and I just squeeze the SHIT out of the straightener with about a bowls topping of kief and I end up with a big, fat dab and it's amazing!

For anyone that is using just a hair straightener...

Lately, I've been pressing just straight kief with a hair straightener and it's turning out great. When I press buds I don't get nearly the yield, obviously. I bought a 600lb hand clamp and I just squeeze the SHIT out of the straightener with about a bowls topping of kief and I end up with a big, fat dab and it's amazing!

Heck ya

I agree it's really good

I just bought the right parchment paper, the Renyolds, and pressed a couple bowls worth of nugs. I did the resulting dab and it was a nice big dab of some amber tasty rosin. I'm high as a kite right now. I pressed again using the hair straightener. Now I'm wondering if a c-clamp hair straightener might be better for personal use than a high 5 model. Granted the high 5 is with an e-nail too. Should I go for a used high 5 press or go for a custom c-clamp hair straightener mod?

I managed to get my wife to let me chop up the hair straightener and glue it to a trigger clamp. Turns out it was her mom's that had somehow ended up in her luggage. I seem to be getting much better results and I got the bóveda 65 moisture packs. I think I need to try a little bit higher temp though. 200 seems too low. I'm also able to pre press the nugs much easier. This is really a nice solution for individual use pressing. You can press about a .7 - 1g nug max. So far the two nugs I pressed came out about the same. It is very flavorful and fragment in the wax pen. I'll try it some more and be sure to report back.

420-magazine-mobile1299358854.jpg

Yeeeee☺

Interested to know does this rival cco production via solvent. Is this an alternative to making concentrated oil to treat illnesses such as cancer and pain related via similar dosing techniques. E.g. mixing with olive oil, decarbing and injesting. Or decarbing and tacking on gums etc.

But would we say this solventless is viable for treating cancer in the same way as cco/rso? I.e. does it pull all of the same beneficial compounds as stripping with a solvent does?

I Tried screwing around with a curling iron but I am not happy with the lack of control or the results. So I have decided to build a 6 ton rosin press for personal use. I am waiting the arrival of the heating elements to complete the project. I am also waiting until the last minute to buy the 6 ton press since stuff is always going on sale at Harbor Freight. Might get a better price than the 20% off coupon? I have done all of the machining on the plates accept the holes for the heating elements. I want to wait until I have them in hand and can measure them for a good fit. Here is the parts list:

rosinpress.jpg

I will post some pictures when I start to assemble this.

:drool::drool:

I want to make rosin so bad! Thanks for all the great pictures to drool over everyone!

Would anyone care to discuss the pros and cons of the various prebuilt rosin press models available now or even early next year? I'm looking for suggestions for personal use only. If anything semi portable is available that would be lovely. I'd hate to have to explain to anyone why I have a large press bolted to a table somewhere in my home. Maybe I can lie and say it's to press my cross-stitch work flat. Like REAL flat. :laughtwo:

That is funny but I'd have the same issue.

I Tried screwing around with a curling iron but I am not happy with the lack of control or the results. So I have decided to build a 6 ton rosin press for personal use. I am waiting the arrival of the heating elements to complete the project. I am also waiting until the last minute to buy the 6 ton press since stuff is always going on sale at Harbor Freight. Might get a better price than the 20% off coupon? I have done all of the machining on the plates accept the holes for the heating elements. I want to wait until I have them in hand and can measure them for a good fit. Here is the parts list:

rosinpress.jpg

I will post some pictures when I start to assemble this.

Don't get the 6ton press. It is flimsy and tends to bend which causes the plates to not meet fully. Ask me how I know lol. Get the 12 ton press minimum.

Don't get the 6ton press. It is flimsy and tends to bend which causes the plates to not meet fully. Ask me how I know lol. Get the 12 ton press minimum.

Just no space for that. It is even a stretch for this one. I read the same thing on the reviews on Harbor Freight's page about it and a guy on there says it is all about how you build it? This is only for personal use so it won't get much work.

I also could add a couple of stainless steel guide pins that would keep the plates aligned no matter what.

I really hope you are wrong?

Back
Top Bottom