Rosin Press: Information Thread

Well I made a video of pressing and using rosin for medical chocolate bars. The Moby Dick CBD is over a year old so it is pretty dark. Really that is irrelevant in this use.

[video=youtube_share;1i6rDJpHWaM]
[/video]
Awesome vid! I'm still learning much of the edible secrets and have read about use of lecithin so I will be trying that next time for sure!
Thanks!

New to rosin but have had some success.
My question is in relation to making e juice for a vape pen.
What methods are best used to make my rosin into a nice e liquid? And any other tips on best type tanks, would be appreciated too.
Thanks guys and girls
Google wax liquidizer. Just add and slowly heat stir and put into a cartridge

New to rosin but have had some success.
My question is in relation to making e juice for a vape pen.
What methods are best used to make my rosin into a nice e liquid? And any other tips on best type tanks, would be appreciated too.
Thanks guys and girls

I've tried many times to make rosin carts but without cutting them they always buddered up on me in the cArt. I have a friend that cuts it with a "wax liquidizer" and it keeps it from doing that and works great but does you are looking for pure uncut rosin carts that's not for everyone. Ceramic cell carts are best out right now in my opinion and if you use rosin only you would benefit from a battery that has a pre heat mode which will help warm the rosin up and then you can hit it. Def not as easy as we would all like.

Yeah I use bHO for my stuff. I know c02 is the best for a more liquidous concentrate that need not be diluted as much.

They make concentrate pens that do a nice job imo.... Like SSV said aim for a ceramic heating element. But they allow you to hit the pure goodness!

So I am thinking about building a press and i am looking at pre-presses. The plates I am getting are 3"x5", should I get a 3"x5" pre-press or should it be slightly smaller like a 2"x4" pre-press. I will be pressing flower and do not know that I will be using bags to do so at first. :thanks:

It depends on how thick the puck is but 1.75"x 3.5" with about 3.5 grams should work well. I don't use bags unless pressing for vape mixtures.

It depends on how thick the puck is but 1.75"x 3.5" with about 3.5 grams should work well. I don't use bags unless pressing for vape mixtures.

Thanks. I already made the order as I was trying to get everything together sooner rather than later. I ordered the 3x5 pre-press. I will see how it works for me before I decide to get a different sized one :)

Thanks. I already made the order as I was trying to get everything together sooner rather than later. I ordered the 3x5 pre-press. I will see how it works for me before I decide to get a different sized one :)

My plates are 3x4 and the prepress that works the best is 1.75"x3". pressing ~3g. the puck almost squishes out the edges but it does not. There is no way you can press a puck the same size as your plates. The flower will squish out around all edges and the resin will be held in the squished out flower. You will not be able to collect it. I built this one myself for about $20.
rosin31.jpg
rosin51.jpg
rosin61.jpg

I was afraid that getting a press the same size as the plates was a bad move. Where did you get the materials to build yours? I will probably just return the one I got when it gets here and do something similar. I am all about spending as little as possible :laughtwo:
OnlineMetals but it is a lot of work to sand and file down the solid to slide in the tubing. I used hand files and a belt sander. The base is glued on to the bottom block with JB Weld.

Well I made a video of pressing and using rosin for medical chocolate bars. The Moby Dick CBD is over a year old so it is pretty dark. Really that is irrelevant in this use.

[video=youtube_share;1i6rDJpHWaM]
[/video]

Outstanding! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom