Rosin Press: Information Thread

When I first started handling it I lost as much as I got:eek:. It is a skill. I use terpenes exclusively to thin. here is the ratio that works best for me 1g QWET .2g strain specific terpenes, .2g Viscosity. Sometimes I need to make the cartridge water tight with a single layer of plastic wrap and dip the cartridge in hot water. It makes the liquid thinner and opens the passage ways for a much better hit. I only need two small hits to get baked.
I did another extract yesterday shooting for a 1g so I used 10g of the same meds and only got .43g. Not sure what happened, I used 3 more grams and got .4g less. Maybe I screwed up weighing the 1st time but not sure how I weighed when I put in the silicon, every thing else was the same. So I ran 28g of Erd Purt pucks left over from the rosin press today trying to get a total gram. I'll find out in a couple days tomorrow I'll run the Carbon X. I want to use that Durbin Posin terp I got, ran into a friend who had a green crack terp pen and it was awesome, cant wait.
How's your video coming?

I did another extract yesterday shooting for a 1g so I used 10g of the same meds and only got .43g. Not sure what happened, I used 3 more grams and got .4g less. Maybe I screwed up weighing the 1st time but not sure how I weighed when I put in the silicon, every thing else was the same. So I ran 28g of Erd Purt pucks left over from the rosin press today trying to get a total gram. I'll find out in a couple days tomorrow I'll run the Carbon X. I want to use that Durbin Posin terp I got, ran into a friend who had a green crack terp pen and it was awesome, cant wait.
How's your video coming?
I have the video part done but it always takes me a lot of time to write the audio.......................

I have the video part done but it always takes me a lot of time to write the audio.......................
I ended up running 1.4g of qwit, added 1.4g of wax liquidizer and .24g of Durbin Poison terpenes and you are right so far it has been great. Now I can see my self wanting to try the other flavors. Thanks for all your help, your method is awesome, cant wait to try your chocolate recipe.

I ended up running 1.4g of qwit, added 1.4g of wax liquidizer and .24g of Durbin Poison terpenes and you are right so far it has been great. Now I can see my self wanting to try the other flavors. Thanks for all your help, your method is awesome, cant wait to try your chocolate recipe.
Glad it worked out for you!

I made a modification to the Slug33 and I'm getting better results.

I used the edge of a small 3 sided metal file and put a tiny groove on the bottom of the Slug.
It's made an improvement in the process by pooling more of the oil.
I make sure the groove is on the bottom when pressing.

I also heated it with a smaller flame on the torch for about 30 seconds then let it sit for a minute and a half then hit it again for minute same lower flame and got a little better than the black stuff I usually end up with.

on this one I had foil to protect the parchment paper, and apparently a bit of it was pointing in and re-routed a lot of the oil onto the foil, still a decent amount when combined.

I upgraded my rosin press with a air/hydraulic jack. Working the pump handle in a long pressing session hurt my back. It is a low profile 20 ton jack. I run it at 30 PSI which is about 5.1 tons of pressure. according to the math 35 psi is 6.1 tons and 40 psi would be 6.8 tons.

jack1.jpg
jack2.jpgjack3.jpg

I upgraded my rosin press with a air/hydraulic jack. Working the pump handle in a long pressing session hurt my back. It is a low profile 20 ton jack. I run it at 30 PSI which is about 5.1 tons of pressure. according to the math 35 psi is 6.1 tons and 40 psi would be 6.8 tons.

jack1.jpg
jack2.jpgjack3.jpg
Now that’s serious wow

jack1.jpg
jack2.jpgjack3.jpg
thats a 6 ton harbor freight a frame. be careful you will blow out the top!

WOW
yes I did.
wow.
6 ton max a - frame is just what i bought. you go over 30psi and your fucked lol.
asdf.JPG

WOW!!!
Using Pascal's Hydraulic Formula 30psi will yield 5.1 tons of force, 35psi = 6 tons, 40psi = 6.8 tons, and 45psi = 7.6 tons. I have been pressing now for over 8 hours at 30 psi without the slightest sign of stress.

Ill post up my diy junk :smokin:

IMG_20191010_155823444.jpg
IMG_20191010_155849724.jpg

I fabricated a frame out of 2"x4" .250 wall steel I had left over from a Jeep project.
12 ton low profile Torin jack. (currently hand operated)
Four 500w cartridge style heating elements

IMG_20191010_160003590.jpg

5" X 6" 5051 aluminum plates 1-1/4" thick.

IMG_20191010_155929415.jpg
I've used it a time or two ;)

IMG_20191010_161358784.jpg
Separate temp controllers for the upper & lower plates.

Total cost for the project was about $120.
Would like to add a pressure gauge at some point.

I can stuff a 2x4 120 micron bag with 7-8g and get awesome results.
225ca115-6913-495b-9c1c-14ef80e5deae.jpg

downloadfile.jpg

Just ordered up a new toy to help press out my OG Cheese trim.

Makes a bottletech style puck sized perfectly for my 2x4 bags.

Back
Top Bottom