Round 2 - Super Skunk - Bubba Haze and White Berry

Re: Round 2 : Super Skunk, Bubba Haze and White Berry

What is the lumen output on the 65watt CFL? I dont think there is anything bad per se about CFLs. You just have to be prepared to move them frequently. Also if you have a big bushy plant like mine it will be hard to get cfls in there to penetrate light other than the 1st 3 inches. Are you thinking that with the CFLs you would get more lumen output with less wattage?

they are 3900 lumen each and they supposedly are effective up to 2 foot away so idk.

IMO, if you already have a 1000 watter, I would just use that. The intensity between a HID light and CFL's can't even be compared. And those CFL's will put out a LOT of heat also.

Yah we were just curious. Not too worried about temp, got the a/c in there and the room now is 61.1 to 70.7 so im just watching the humidity.

So you want to change out a light that produces over 100,000 lumens to 15 lights that produce a total of 58,500 lumens? My 600 watt light produces more lumens than your 15 CFL lights combined. I'm using a high output bulb. I would definately stick with your 1000 watt. :)

Me 2 :)
Apart from twice as much lumen output, also as mentioned before the light penetration feature of the High Pressure Lamp. Only LED also seems to have good light penetration, mostly i think because of wavelengths being used. CFL and family don't have that feature. The sun + the atmosphere has the best light penetration.

Do some more research yourself, ask around here and search, before purchasing all kinds of stuff that don't improve the setup and results.

edit:
Roughly about HPS:
250W HPS 20,000 - 30,000 lumen
400W HPS 50,000 - 65,000 lumen
600W HPS 85,000 - 100,000 lumen (Often highest Light/lumen per watt ratio)
1,000W HPS 110,000 - 140,000 lumen

Sun on a bright day, about 100,000 lumen. Behind glass/window, max 1/4th or 1/5th of the actual light from outside, if it's cloudy, well not much light.
So 1000W 12 hours a day is quite something for plants.

thank you guys and gals for the info. Im just trying to figure out the easiest cost effective and so far it still looks like the 1000 hps is goin to stay. we managed to get stuff tweaked around in there and the temp is now locked between 60 and 66.5 and humidity 45 to 65 but were right next to the ocean so humidity is a hard one to keep low. Now leaving day 40 of 12/12.

Hey guys they plants are doing great. We added some super natural bud blaster 1-52-31. We had a slight Powder Mold problem :(. but we whipped out some SNS 244 and were in the clear. We sprayed the new babies and every thing else lol as a precaution. Heres some pics for your pleasure.:Namaste:

100MEDIA_IMAG0169.jpg
the new babies :)
100MEDIA_IMAG0175.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0179_1_.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0177_1_.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0189_1_.jpg
White Berry
100MEDIA_IMAG0190.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0191.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0168-1.jpg
Bubba Haze
100MEDIA_IMAG0176_1_.jpg
Super Skunk
100MEDIA_IMAG0194-1.jpg
The trichomes on the skunk
:high-five:

:high-five: Looking Awesome! How many days into flower when those pictures were taken (7 weeks) ???

They were taken at the beginning of week 7. They said that the clones were 8 week strains so hopefully they'll be done soon :roorrip:. The plants aren't going to produce a whole hella of a lot but it will be some dank smoke though. Any body got any estimations on final weight.

So the plants are finally showing some clouding in the trichomes so its time to start the finishing push with lots of sweet and bloom maximizers and then flush for the last 5 days.

pff the grow has only began, there is 18 more in the closet waiting for these ones to go.

no i think im goin to pull the sweet island skunk and the warthog ones out and turn them to moms and then flower the rest (assuming none freak and herm out on me). All these plants are from seeds too and some how i keep getting more and more seeds so the numbers will just keep growing.

So either tonight or sunday night will be the cut down day for the 5 super skunks, 5 white berries and the 2 bubba hazes. Il post pics of them when i cut them.

So we harvested the beautiful plants. All i can say is HOLY ****. Haven't weighed them yet. We put the new plants in the room from there sad closet lol. Soon to be gettin another 1000 and some more clones. Let me know what you guys think of this stuff.
100MEDIA_IMAG0249.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0248_1_.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0247.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0243.jpg

All the above are white berry.

100MEDIA_IMAG02301.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0234.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0233_1_.jpg

These are bubba haze.

100MEDIA_IMAG0227.jpg

Super Skunk

100MEDIA_IMAG0237.jpg