Round 3 - Capn Style - Automated

This time it's Sweet Tooth Auto.

I'm definitely not an auto guy, but very nice selection! I'm surprised it's such a late finisher being 60% Indica, but for a harvest of 200g from an auto, who can complain? Just 2 of them per strong light under ideal growing conditions, I bet can surpass the 448g mark, especially if topped. I'm seeing in quite a few auto journals of growers topping their autos for higher yields if done the right way at the the right time. Cool beans for sure tho! I have some Barney's PC that I'm saving till the end of the summer when temps are milder.

Strain Bio

It was just one of the many freebies I have. Once I figure this stuff out and am comfortable, I have a ton of Blue Dream photo's that I want to get going into a perpetual grow cycle. Like you, I think too much and need computers to help out.

Day 65 for the Bubblegum and I started flush today. I put in a lot of effort to get the res as empty as possible, so after adding back 9 gallons of RO, I think I got it very low. Flush will be 7-10 days, or depending on how fast the remaining leaves yellow, but I've been pretty vigilant pick off the fans the last week and a half. The Bubblelicious in bloom B is stacking up nicely, though I'm having a lot of heat issues in the so I need to reconfigure the exhaust arrangement. As it is now, both my lights pull from the middle area between the rooms, thru the tubes and out the front wall into the larger room. What I'll do asap is disconnect the downstream duct hose from the light in both rooms, and reverse the fans the vent the lights so it fires heat and heightened RH through the upper duct ports and into the wye fitting, then into the large fan in the attic and filter.

So as soon as the Bubblegum comes out next week, I got another Bubblelicious to go in and I will rock that strain for a while. I also want to try my hand at monster cropping by revegging this BubleGum, but I don't know if I'll have the table space to spare for such a large pot. Might just try to clone the little shit if it comes to that and see. Pics to come soon!

The pics. Bubblegum on day 66 (day 1 of flush). Beginning ppm was like 20, a day later, 350. Res change again tomorrow. Also removed most of the large fan leaves and will try to get the rest throughout the week. One of the lowest branches was doing so well that it snapped under its own weight and since I needed another sample, I just took it off today and it should be ready to smoke by the weekend. The last sample was very good smoking. Not the greatest tasting, but that wasn't flushed or cured properly, but the high, oh I love it! Super strong head stone that really wants to go down to the body, but just doesn't. It instantly relaxes the muscles in my neck making my head feel like a fidget spinner with a nice loose well oiled feeling, like the tinman I suppose.

I killed the other large Bubblelicious I had in veg. Her clones look like they'll take, but if not, she was the weaker performer and TBH, might not ever make it to bloom anyway. Always good to give yourself options though. The pic of the gloves was just 10 minutes of pulling fan leaves.

IMG_20170619_122923693_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170619_122929655.jpg
IMG_20170619_122935462_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170619_122948200_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170619_124206126_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170619_124221147_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170619_124227488.jpg
IMG_20170619_124239688.jpg

Edit - after trimming the nug, I brought it home and weighed it, 15.8 grams on the stick. I'll weigh it again before I smoke any. predictions?

They recommend putting a 4.7k - 10k resistor between 5v and data to keep it pulled high to 5V when not being read. However, someone brought it to my attention that I can use the builtin 20k resistors inside the Arduino, so that's what I've been using, and the code reflects that in pinMode by being declared as INPUT_PULLUP.

They recommend putting a 4.7k - 10k resistor between 5v and data to keep it pulled high to 5V when not being read. However, someone brought it to my attention that I can use the builtin 20k resistors inside the Arduino, so that's what I've been using, and the code reflects that in pinMode by being declared as INPUT_PULLUP.
Been reading about this.

I'll share the code and a photo of my setup as I have no idea what's up.

It gives -999 which I believe means nothing is connected.

I did have humidity of 2 and temp of 0 at one point.

Sleepless, have you been through any tutorials on youtube to learn how to install libraries, I'll assume yes and move on. Yes, please share a picture so we can see your circuit, and either Lat17 or myself will try to help out. I'll add a link for that sensor in case you need some technical reference material.

DHT22 Datasheet

Yes I have read tons.

I installed the libraries and I am trying to run the DHTTester

I get the following;

Arduino: 1.8.3 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHT_sensor_library\DHT_U.cpp:sleep:0:

\Arduino\libraries\DHT_sensor_library\DHT_U.h:shhh:drool: fatal error: Adafruit_Sensor.h: No such file or directory

#include <Adafruit_Sensor.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I am wondering if I made an error when installing the libraries.

I cant even get the code to verify now.

Tried looking up this adafruit but cant seem to wrap my head around it.

Sleepless, have you been through any tutorials on youtube to learn how to install libraries, I'll assume yes and move on. Yes, please share a picture so we can see your circuit, and either Lat17 or myself will try to help out. I'll add a link for that sensor in case you need some technical reference material.

DHT22 Datasheet

Well I have the DS18B20 Temperature probe reading accurately without a pickup resistor.

I also have the DHT22 sensor reading great.

I am awaiting my PH probe so I guess the next step is to setup a relay for the on/off control of my LEDs.

Time for google again I guess.

Well I have the DS18B20 Temperature probe reading accurately without a pickup resistor.
I also have the DHT22 sensor reading great.
I am awaiting my PH probe so I guess the next step is to setup a relay for the on/off control of my LEDs.
Time for google again I guess.

In AC~, you simply need to run your "hot" lead (black in USA) through your relay terminals as the "neutral" lead (white in USA) is tied to the "ground" (bare copper) with a jumper either in your main service panel or sub panel. Congrats getting both your sensors to read correctly. It would also be a good idea to start putting your thoughts into how everything is going to connect, where your relay(s) will go, where the sensors will be in the tent etc. MY temp/RH sensor is just next to my exhaust port (about 2/3 up from the floor) and the air there accurately reads the room. As a side note, the way I have my oscillating fan configured, it blows through my flowering plant and that is exhausted and I find this to work well for balancing the room's temps and also sending a breeze past the sensor every once in a while so keep radiant light from heating the sensor and giving me false readings.

Arduino installs to different places which I know is weird, but after a brief quarrel in your head, you'll wrap your brain around it. Essentially the IDE installs to your Program Files(x86) folder in C:, but the rest of everything you do installs into My Documents/Arduino/Libraries. Install any new libraries to the second location.

The Bubblelicious, 33 days since flip. Starting ppm for this week was in the 750 range. I haven't seen her in 2 days, but when I checked, ppm was up to 930, so I added 2 gallons of RO and brought it down to 800. Everything else about her looks great, lots of branches, lots of tops, good spacing, great airflow right through the thick of it, the odor is very skunky and the buds are filling out nicely! Here's some pics;

IMG_20170620_174027886.jpg
IMG_20170620_174043967.jpg
IMG_20170620_174237022.jpg
IMG_20170620_174052565.jpg
IMG_20170620_174431610.jpg

I'm seriously considering asking my mother if she fed me leaded paint chips or something when I was a toddler because 2 bonehead moves in the grow this week is proving that I'm my own worst enemy. First in veg, when ratcheting down the LST lines that pull the terminal branches apart at the topping point, I overdid it and split her wide open. After the rush of panic and anger left me, I undid the binds and grabbed some duct tape to do a quick triage. I have been neglecting this girl all throughout veg and was trying then to get her ready for bloom, then split!

Well, my second idiot move I suppose bought her some added recovery time because as it turns out, the flush that I started on Sunday only lasted until Tuesday morning when I swapped out the 350ppm for near zero again, but somehow I forgot to open the feed valve back up so 2 and half days with no food or drink has caused her to abandon the plan to gain a few more pounds of water weight and begin decreasing bud sizes. I didn't get a ruler out or nothing, but I can just tell. My hopes for a bit more than 12 ounces has fallen to maybe 8 if I'm lucky. So, it's up to the Bubblelicious to pick up my slack (I pray). Not a great week I tell yas!

IMG_20170622_171850797.jpg
IMG_20170622_171821998.jpg
IMG_20170623_101839126.jpg
IMG_20170623_101851852.jpg

The clones look ok though!

Dude, I've lost count of the plants that have split in half. Talk about panic, try having a 10 footer get rained on then some wind kicks up. All them wet branches get heavy with water, and well you see what happens. I wasn't even doing LST or anything. You'll be supprised, as long as she doesn't start wilting on ya in the first few days, she'll be alright... Good bandaid works. You might want to support them branch with some bamboo stakes to keepem in place. When my outdoor girls split, I use the "Old Lady's' old pantyhose for the wrap. Has that stretch quality that helps hold in place and is plenty strong. But any tape works on smaller plants. I even have some vinyl tape I use to tie my girls to the poles, that has been used more than once... GL and Keepem Green

Thanks Woody! I definitely need to do something else other than duct tape. Maybe I'll give the panty hose trick a whirl? What do you think about tying them off to each other, similar to what I have now, but higher up and with panty hose or something stretchable? I still feel I'll need more spacing, but perhaps that ship has sailed when the split happened.

Back
Top Bottom