RQS Critical 6-Pot RDWC 1st Grow

Peterpangreen

With allot of enthousiasm I'm finally starting my first grow with the RDWC system.

I did allot of research myself to get an understanding about this system and I hope there are more on this platform that have experience with this system and can give me some tips and help on the way of my first growth.

Light: HLG Quantumboard 600h (600W) 3000K LED

air: 340m3 fan

Tent: 1.20x1.20x2.00m (4x4)

Nutes: General Hydroponics flora trio, Botanicare Hydroguard/silicablast/Cal-Mag, Great white, Humboldts Golden Tree, Advanced nutrients voodoo juice.

medium: Claystones and rockwool

I bought the rdwc system new along with the Quantumboard led's, so they will run for the first time:)
Also on good advise from here I wrapped all of the buckets to prevent heat getting inside the buckets.

Attachments

• 27602F5D-2F8F-4F30-9CB0-376C21F646CE.jpg
    27602F5D-2F8F-4F30-9CB0-376C21F646CE.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 259
  • D3AB358E-C3C9-4F89-89E0-FF680E557225.jpg
    D3AB358E-C3C9-4F89-89E0-FF680E557225.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 288
  • BA6474EF-21DB-4087-B97D-126A76F90535.jpg
    BA6474EF-21DB-4087-B97D-126A76F90535.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 266
After waiting a long time I finally received my RQS seeds and now waiting for them to stick their head above surface.

Attachments

• 7AF7E272-BF81-4AF9-941A-246ACEADDCBE.jpg
    7AF7E272-BF81-4AF9-941A-246ACEADDCBE.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 95AEC163-DB4F-4C8C-9A49-72869C1C27A5.jpg
    95AEC163-DB4F-4C8C-9A49-72869C1C27A5.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 180
With allot of enthousiasm I'm finally starting my first grow with the RDWC system.

I did allot of research myself to get an understanding about this system and I hope there are more on this platform that have experience with this system and can give me some tips and help on the way of my first growth.

Nutes: General Hydroponics flora trio, Botanicare Hydroguard/silicablast/Cal-Mag, Great white, Humboldts Golden Tree, Advanced nutrients voodoo juice.

I bought the rdwc system new along with the Quantumboard led's, so they will run for the first time:)
Also on good advise from here I wrapped all of the buckets to prevent heat getting inside the buckets.
brilliant start peter. so looking forward to this with you. looks great. Am loving the Golden tree too.
Bring on those critical beauties !!.

be careful not to overwater the rockwool cubes. they hold water for a long time and can drown/rot seedlings very easily. wait until they are lighter befor anymore watering
Ph 5.8 water and a little calmag once they show themselves. be patient on this bit , it can be the most difficult part. No nutes until 4th set of leaves or coty leaves yellow off.

be careful not to overwater the rockwool cubes. they hold water for a long time and can drown/rot seedlings very easily. wait until they are lighter befor anymore watering
Ph 5.8 water and a little calmag once they show themselves. be patient on this bit , it can be the most difficult part. No nutes until 4th set of leaves or coty leaves yellow off.
Thanks man! I soaked them in ph'd water for an hour and then let them leak out for a good half an hour. Today I'm seeing that 5 of the 8 just reached above surface, so I'm waiting for at least one more to show. Already CalMag? I soaked them in Spa Blauw, it's water what you buy at the supermarket (spring/mountain water) with only 40ppm in it. The blocks are still holding water so I'll just wait and see when they'll need some more :)

you will be able to tell when they are near dry by their weight. 5 up already is a great star. they will go upward quickly and can struggle to hold them selves up. I use a toothpick next to them in case they try to fall. u can very loosly attach them until strong enough to hold themselves. be ready for this and dont panic if the go right over . Gently lift them upright and tie them to the toothpick. a very light breeze can also help strengthen them but needs to be indirect , maybe bounced off a wall or box. Maybe try and squeeze a little qater out of the remaining cubes to make sure they are not drowning ( easy to do in rockwool !) The dampness and dark/warmth is all they need. fingers crossed for more up so u can use the strongest 6 for the grow.

Y
you will be able to tell when they are near dry by their weight. 5 up already is a great star. they will go upward quickly and can struggle to hold them selves up. I use a toothpick next to them in case they try to fall. u can very loosly attach them until strong enough to hold themselves. be ready for this and dont panic if the go right over . Gently lift them upright and tie them to the toothpick. a very light breeze can also help strengthen them but needs to be indirect , maybe bounced off a wall or box. Maybe try and squeeze a little qater out of the remaining cubes to make sure they are not drowning ( easy to do in rockwool !) The dampness and dark/warmth is all they need. fingers crossed for more up so u can use the strongest 6 for the grow.
yeah man fingers crossed on the last one to come. Hope they will be strong enough to survive the first stage!

Today I filled the system with water around 110liters/29G, the net pots are sitting about 1cm in water. Just tested it for leaks, flow and aeration. Ran for about an hour and all seems good so far :)
All 8 seeds germinated and are now about 3 days old.
I tried to upload a video from my Iphone but it says "the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension"

Attachments

• 83502971-A3C1-4275-AA4A-01A47869C15E.jpg
    83502971-A3C1-4275-AA4A-01A47869C15E.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 163
THERE NEEDS TO BE AN AIR GAP UNDER THE POTS!!!!!!!
about an inch to start. the bubbles from the air stones will splash onto the bottoms of the netpot enough to wet them. you will drown your roots and stem will be waterlogged. initially , we want the cube/stones to be moist but not enough to make rhe roots sit feeding in them. The roots need to be encouraged to go searching for that Beautiful water that keeps splashing up from below. this stage is all about those roots now. The above greenery will respond to the root belows work and happiness ! . if you can get the rootball to get busy sending as many roots as possible to find water , then the plant above will match her root growth with leaf sets/ bud sites later in the cycle. Big roots,big buds !.
hope it makes sense. i can ramble. lol

O really, I saw on internet something different. But thanks for looking over my shoulder.. I will get some water out so there will be an inch between waterlevel and netpots.

That's an amazing rig you have there. I think I'm gonna beg my friend who's actually good with tools to build me one lol.

it is the cubes mate. they retain so much water anyway and it can waterlog. Clay pebbles alone are different and wont hold so much water. Rockwool does let air in but wont push water out, If your wetting them constantly ,it can create issues. also getting the roots to leave the comfort of a water supply locally. The water will wet the pots from the popping bubbles underneath and encourage the roots to dive into that oxygenated cocktail of her favourite nutes. :goodjob:

Great set up you have there. I'm going to sub up for this grow and keep an eye. I have always been interested in dwc but haven't taken the plunge yet, needed to get other things dialed in and upgrade on equipment first. So I will learn some more from your grow and maybe try to help out where I can. Best of luck!

it is a very productive and easy to manage way to grow. The easy part is once you have prepared everything and read up some interesting theories and tips. Take the plunge with just one bucket and air pump alongside a coco/soil grow. see hiw u get on with it.

it is a very productive and easy to manage way to grow. The easy part is once you have prepared everything and read up some interesting theories and tips. Take the plunge with just one bucket and air pump alongside a coco/soil grow. see hiw u get on with it.

gonna do this for sure soon as i move the veggies into the flower tent. i rigged up a rip off of ge water farm. only thing i'm worried about is water temps.

I have most of the stuff here to get into a 4 bucket dwc system but would need all the fitting to do rdwc.. Ordered it all and was waiting for the right time lol then I bought fish and tanks and ended up using some of my equipment there haha I should just up and start one now but I got 6 babies that will end up taking up majority of my veg space before going into the flower room. Maybe after that round I will try a couple out.

gonna do this for sure soon as i move the veggies into the flower tent. i rigged up a rip off of ge water farm. only thing i'm worried about is water temps.
if its only a single bucket , shouldnt be too hard with frozen bottles of water. pain in the butt changing them but works if needed. if you use air pumps for dissolvable oxygen and keep it below 20°c , aslo protect with hydroguard or similar , all will be good.

Back
Top Bottom