RSO Assistance Please

Loony66

G'day all,
I tried making RSO for the first time last night. I started with 22 Oz's of leaf, 3 Oz's head, & about 9 Oz's of stem from 6 x Big Bud x White Widow plants. I used 18 Lt's of 99% ISO for the Oil I intended to make. I have seen various Vid's on the making of RSO and decided that as time was of no issue in making the RSO I choose to reduce the ISO naturally, by using the ambient air and 2 fans, blowing onto the oil as it's summer here presently.

What i awoke to this morning is not oil. It's closer to a clump of very sticky grease. It weighted 25.3 grams. I tried smoking a small spot and it tasted of ISO. Is there any way of taking this back to oil, or how do I further reduce the ISO considering it is a pretty solid lump? I have no access to a vacuum setup.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 262
G'day all,
I tried making RSO for the first time last night. I started with 22 Oz's of leaf, 3 Oz's head, & about 9 Oz's of stem from 6 x Big Bud x White Widow plants. I used 18 Lt's of 99% ISO for the Oil I intended to make. I have seen various Vid's on the making of RSO and decided that as time was of no issue in making the RSO I choose to reduce the ISO naturally, by using the ambient air and 2 fans, blowing onto the oil as it's summer here presently.

What i awoke to this morning is not oil. It's closer to a clump of very sticky grease. It weighted 25.3 grams. I tried smoking a small spot and it tasted of ISO. Is there any way of taking this back to oil, or how do I further reduce the ISO considering it is a pretty solid lump? I have no access to a vacuum setup.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
rso is not really for smoking . however to attempt to clean it up re dissolve it in alcohol (enough to fully dissolve it) then add water between 5 and 10 percent of your valume . Then evaporate it all out at a temp just under boiling until your oil stops bubbling . The water aids in washing. That's the simplest way to go about it . If you want to look for others google/search for purifying or cleaning up rso/crude oil .

All you need to do is keep boiling off the solvent until it completely stops bubbling. Then I usually give it a few more minutes so I know I won't be smoking any alcohol. But are you leaving it to cook overnight? That's extremely dangerous if there's any open flames it can easily catch on fire. I never leave my rso unattended while it's cooking. There's also danger of burning the rso. you always want to watch it. you don't want it boiling over.

Last year I tried to make it myself but unfortunately I did not succeed.
It kept on bubbling and i didn't know when the alcohol was evaporated.
I was still very curious about it so I bought it from irie-thc.com on the internet.
Well i have to say that it was a F*ing extreme High/experience.

Last year I tried to make it myself but unfortunately I did not succeed.
It kept on bubbling and i didn't know when the alcohol was evaporated.
I was still very curious about it so I bought it from irie-thc.com on the internet.
Well i have to say that it was a F*ing extreme High/experience.
If it's bubbling then there's still alcohol in it. As long as you have it between 100 and 140 degrees Celsius nothing other than the alcohol will bubble

Did you filter out the waxes and fats before you let the ISO dry out? Usually it gets hard like that when no filtration was done.

Fat isn't soluble in ethanol

It is soluble in ethanol, or ISO as the OP is using. However, the particulate is quite large, to the point you can see it floating around in the ethanol wash after you run it over the plant material. The wash should then be filtered as much as possible to get as much of the garbage out. Before evaporating off the solvent, the wash should be green or yellow, but you should be able to see through the bottle. It shouldn't be cloudy. If it is, it needs to be filtered.

Most folks making RSO or just about any of the other oils that involve using a solvent filter it through coffee filters, or even legit quantitative paper filters in a Buchner funnel.

If you want to try and clean it up, you can do what @No Pain suggested and redo it. Put the chunk in your solvent of choice until it is fully dissolved. Then, filter the solution. Once filtered, evaporate off the solvent again. This should clean up your product quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom