RSO Strains

If I make the oil, how should it be stored and how long can it be kept
can it get too old and loses its effect

Hello,

Strain depends on what you are treating for. For cancer, Rick Simpson recommends heavily sedative indica's, he also recommends using multiple varieties and mixing it all together. This is because indica's favor the CB2 receptor (immune) as well as the sedative effects allow you to sleep off the high if you do experience it.

Northern lights is a good one,

In Rick Simpsons latest interview he mentioned LA Confidential, Pineapple Kush

Light breaks down THC so keep it in dark place, and keep it cool, you don't want to keep it somewhere the temp fluctuates a lot, refrigeration is probably overkill.

When I make edible cannabis oil, I decarb in the oven at 248f so that as it decarbs it also is somewhat sterilized. If there are mold spores or other undesirable biologic stuff in the oil, the high temperature should clean it up. I put the oil into capsules, then small ziplock bags into canning jars into the freezer, where they would be good for years. I like to blend with coconut oil so freezing is a way for me to keep caps past the expiration date of the coconut. The cannabis oil does not seem to go bad, but remember that I decarb'ed it at 248f, so that could be why. Rick Simpson has mentioned that it doesn't go bad, and his method doesn't get as hot, so it seems to be pretty stable over time.

Northern Lights was a good choice for me, it has high yield and is very sedative.
NL_seeds_and_soil_cups.jpg

Thgank you so much for this information. My wife has been diagnosed with terminal spleen/rectal cancer and I need information and fast.
I am about to start selecting strains. I need to learn to make the RS Oil and give it to her.

When I make edible cannabis oil, I decarb in the oven at 248f so that as it decarbs it also is somewhat sterilized. If there are mold spores or other undesirable biologic stuff in the oil, the high temperature should clean it up. I put the oil into capsules, then small ziplock bags into canning jars into the freezer, where they would be good for years. I like to blend with coconut oil so freezing is a way for me to keep caps past the expiration date of the coconut. The cannabis oil does not seem to go bad, but remember that I decarb'ed it at 248f, so that could be why. Rick Simpson has mentioned that it doesn't go bad, and his method doesn't get as hot, so it seems to be pretty stable over time.

Back
Top Bottom