RSO with Magical Butter Machine?

Gorilla Seeds

I'm sorry if this is already posted - I don't have the time or energy to keep searching today.

Our dog Jack who we treat like a second child just got a cancer diagnosis - tumors on his lungs in the X-rays & it looks like it may have spread from somewhere else. I'm waiting now for the oncologist office to open so I can make an appt to find out more.

I'm going to quickly put together the equipment I need to make some RSO.

But, I need some advice - and encouragement.

Does anyone have an opinion on the original RSO instructions on the Phoenix Tears website vs. the MSO instructions on the magical butter machine website?

I have a butter machine & have made coconut oil for medibles, but now I want to go all the way to the RSO for this.

I have Everclear on hand. The Naptha I read about scares me & 99% ISO is hard to get here.
For the Phoenix Tears instructions, I'd have to get a rice cooker & coffee warmer - and I guess a digital thermometer to make sure I'm at the right temps. Not a problem, but I do have the butter machine on hand.

I feel like I only have one shot at this so I'm terrified I'm going to mess it up.

Advice please.

(And, this has been a horrible 30 days - my husband caught some minor possession charges, FIL died of cancer, I found out I have early (as in I should be too young to have them) cataracts - and now this cancer is the absolute worst news I could have received. If I believed in such things, I'd say we were cursed.)

Sherry

I'm sorry if this is already posted - I don't have the time or energy to keep searching today.

Our dog Jack who we treat like a second child just got a cancer diagnosis - tumors on his lungs in the X-rays & it looks like it may have spread from somewhere else. I'm waiting now for the oncologist office to open so I can make an appt to find out more.

I'm going to quickly put together the equipment I need to make some RSO.

But, I need some advice - and encouragement.

Does anyone have an opinion on the original RSO instructions on the Phoenix Tears website vs. the MSO instructions on the magical butter machine website?

I have a butter machine & have made coconut oil for medibles, but now I want to go all the way to the RSO for this.

I have Everclear on hand. The Naptha I read about scares me & 99% ISO is hard to get here.
For the Phoenix Tears instructions, I'd have to get a rice cooker & coffee warmer - and I guess a digital thermometer to make sure I'm at the right temps. Not a problem, but I do have the butter machine on hand.

I feel like I only have one shot at this so I'm terrified I'm going to mess it up.

Advice please.

(And, this has been a horrible 30 days - my husband caught some minor possession charges, FIL died of cancer, I found out I have early (as in I should be too young to have them) cataracts - and now this cancer is the absolute worst news I could have received. If I believed in such things, I'd say we were cursed.)

Sherry
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I think you're worrying too much about the process of making RSO. It's quite easy. All you need to do is soak your bud/trim/kief in the alcohol solution for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. I'd recommend using isopropyl alcohol (99%alcohol/1%water).Then strain the material out through a coffee filter or something of the likes. The alcohol that passes through the filter is then heated up at a low temperature in a well ventilated room until it reaches your desired consistency. This could take a few hours depending on how much alcohol has to be evaporated. What you're left with is RSO. Collect with a syringe and store in a cool, dark place. You can do a second run on the leftover material also. I hope this helps you out somewhat. Give your dog a hug for me ✌

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I think you're worrying too much about the process of making RSO. It's quite easy. All you need to do is soak your bud/trim/kief in the alcohol solution for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. I'd recommend using isopropyl alcohol (99%alcohol/1%water).Then strain the material out through a coffee filter or something of the likes. The alcohol that passes through the filter is then heated up at a low temperature in a well ventilated room until it reaches your desired consistency. This could take a few hours depending on how much alcohol has to be evaporated. What you're left with is RSO. Collect with a syringe and store in a cool, dark place. You can do a second run on the leftover material also. I hope this helps you out somewhat. Give your dog a hug for me ✌

Thanks - I overthink everything.

Have you used RSO successfully with anything like this?

Not personally to be honest. If you're ever stuck just look for videos on YouTube. It certainly makes things a lot easier when there's someone on video in front of ya explaining exactly what to do. I hope everything works out ok for you.

[BHello folks. My very first post on this forum. One of my fellow cultivator's told me this forum is awesome. So here I am, been smoking for 40+ years ( a bit baked right now, but that's what I do ), cultivating for 20. Never too old to learn, never enough experience. Our grow op's are all pure organic and we are very fortunate to have made some of the best "old timers" in the industry and are proud to call them my friends. These friend's have shared their pure, authentic strains.

This was the first post[ that caught my attention, as me and my son are about to embark on our first attempt making RSO with a Magical Butter machine. I've already rear of the exact same concerns we have been discussing. I have liver cancer and cirrhosis (Stage 2 ) caused by almost 3 weeks of full blown hepatitis. I might also have a tumor on my kidney, should get a biopsy done by the end of January. I also have 2 different type of skin cancer. "Golden Years" my ass, yet another lie like the tooth fairy.

So thanks for accepting me to what appears to be an awesome forum. I have a bunch of reading to do. I'll be on the forum doing some reading and research as time and my physical condition is.

Looking forward to getting to know others and sharing and helping out when I am able.

Merry, Merry, Ho, Ho, Ho. Hoping the big jolly dude makes it down your chimney and brings you plenty of purple sticky buds/B]

without reading every response- it makes flawless, unsupervised, outdoor, rso! 180°, for an hr. decarb, first. extra dry the buds, freeze all ingredients and keep frozen, while filtering. dry ice, helps. hand break, destem... coffee (40micron) filter. look into buchner funnel; it'll quarter your filtration times... check boiling n decarb points, if u prefer proof... should b piss yellow/honey gold. green, is too much chlorophyll and will give great tummy ache. freezing, dryin... holds back the tide. doesn't HAVE TO b cured, or dry, but it's preferable: u know the cure changes effects and wet- you'll see more chlorophyll. best of luck! bubbles stop and you're golden. sometimes, a stainless measuring cup, on the coffee warmer- is easier to handle and reheat/melt, than the mbe2...

Back
Top Bottom