Run off colour issue & a leaf problem during flush before harvest! Guidance please!

hazeluv69

First grow, coco coir, haze cuttings, final flush before harvest , day 5 of flush, expecting to flush for 7-9 days in total.

my problems are that I was expecting to see yellow leaves by this time as i was sure it would occur due to the flush, where the plant uses the store nutrients in the leaves, etc, this isn’t occurring however the majority of the leaf tips are turning white?

also my run off water is still orange ish since I have been flushing, it had maybe lightened up a tiny bit but no where near clear like water as I also expected. I have been flushing with 1.5 litre a day average 12l pots. Also growing with a blurple led if that makes a difference!

pics attached are my run off water colour and my budds the same day I started flush!

advice appreciated , hope everyone is safe & bless!

Attachments

• 8B62E3A3-9E4F-484E-8FC6-A156EC2ADA4B.png
    8B62E3A3-9E4F-484E-8FC6-A156EC2ADA4B.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
  • 8E445161-3370-4D06-A90F-CFEA7893277C.png
    8E445161-3370-4D06-A90F-CFEA7893277C.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
  • 3152867D-E09C-4ABE-906C-25820764C5D4.jpeg
    3152867D-E09C-4ABE-906C-25820764C5D4.jpeg
    471.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 1CC043FD-5598-4E23-949A-FDC649D218E1.png
    1CC043FD-5598-4E23-949A-FDC649D218E1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
Flushing is a myth mate ut it is usually done with 3x the size of the pots water so you would need 36L through them to flush them properly according to the bro-science. Keep the feeds up until about 3 days before harvest. All your doing now is a starving her before she is finished needing the feeds. The white is usually light associated as bleaching out. You will be a le to get the best from the harvest by slowly drying it in a cool temp with air exchange and a relatively medium RH lever 30-50% hence the air exchange. This air cannot low direct at the plants as it will degrade the terpenes that give the aromas and flavour. Drying errors are the main for reason peoples weed being ruined at the end. Good luck

Flushing is a myth mate ut it is usually done with 3x the size of the pots water so you would need 36L through them to flush them properly according to the bro-science. Keep the feeds up until about 3 days before harvest. All your doing now is a starving her before she is finished needing the feeds. The white is usually light associated as bleaching out. You will be a le to get the best from the harvest by slowly drying it in a cool temp with air exchange and a relatively medium RH lever 30-50% hence the air exchange. This air cannot low direct at the plants as it will degrade the terpenes that give the aromas and flavour. Drying errors are the main for reason peoples weed being ruined at the end. Good luck

Thanks!! Since I’ve been plain feeding for 5 days I’m gonna stick to it for the next 3-4 days then chop according to my trichomes, although to me they look ready from eye & what do you mean by light bleaching ?

I will definitely keep the drying technique in mind! I will use it I mean lol I know it’s really important

Thanks!! Since I’ve been plain feeding for 5 days I’m gonna stick to it for the next 3-4 days then chop according to my trichomes, although to me they look ready from eye & what do you mean by light bleaching ?

I will definitely keep the drying technique in mind! I will use it I mean lol I know it’s really important
Fair play to you and good luck with the harvest too. Trimming is a pain in the bum but so worth it when you take a hit of your own work. The white effect is usually more a light bleaching from maybe a hotspot in intensity on a particular place. Indoor lighting can be so intense for these girls so if they are in the same position for long periods and no other leaves are showing this . Made me think of lights.

& so what would you do the last 3 days before harvest , according to your techniques ?
You need to feed them. Read my thread about flushing in my signature.

Fair play to you and good luck with the harvest too. Trimming is a pain in the bum but so worth it when you take a hit of your own work. The white effect is usually more a light bleaching from maybe a hotspot in intensity on a particular place. Indoor lighting can be so intense for these girls so if they are in the same position for long periods and no other leaves are showing this . Made me think of lights.

Okay sorry to confirm it is most leaves from top to bottom getting white tips! & I know cannot wait to smoke my own weed,

& so what would you do the last 3 days before harvest , according to your techniques ?
Ideally a dryer warmer room can make them produce a bit more oil to keep her from getting brittle and there are a few other more aggressive and well worth a quick research on too but do get a lot of people doing it with good results. This will sound crazy but you get a good sized carving knife and drive it through the stem near the base. A good tip is to use cable ties above and below where the slot will be but not tightened up much to begin with. Once then blade is through , you use something as a wedge to keep the two split sides apart as you remove the blade , chopsticks are often a good size and width for it. you leave it in place untill harvest. This practice is a very old Chinese method I think it it basically stresses her into thinking she is being eaten y an animal so she will push her oils out a little more to attempt to ward them off by taste and also to try to stop damage getting into her system. A bit like us forming a scab over a wound. As I said, spurs is mad but can make a difference . They would happily use a car supplement t still or maybe a molasses feed to offer her some carbs/natural sugar to help during this end phase .

Ideally a dryer warmer room can make them produce a bit more oil to keep her from getting brittle and there are a few other more aggressive and well worth a quick research on too but do get a lot of people doing it with good results. This will sound crazy but you get a good sized carving knife and drive it through the stem near the base. A good tip is to use cable ties above and below where the slot will be but not tightened up much to begin with. Once then blade is through , you use something as a wedge to keep the two split sides apart as you remove the blade , chopsticks are often a good size and width for it. you leave it in place untill harvest. This practice is a very old Chinese method I think it it basically stresses her into thinking she is being eaten y an animal so she will push her oils out a little more to attempt to ward them off by taste and also to try to stop damage getting into her system. A bit like us forming a scab over a wound. As I said, spurs is mad but can make a difference . They would happily use a car supplement t still or maybe a molasses feed to offer her some carbs/natural sugar to help during this end phase .
Woah, that sounds mind blowing! I’m too much of a wimp to try that right now, maybe after a few grows! But I may try it on a budd or two !

Okay sorry to confirm it is most leaves from top to bottom getting white tips! & I know cannot wait to smoke my own weed,
Yellowing could be a more appropriate term and thisnisnusally down to high ph or too strong feeds. I dont worry too.much if I can back off the nutes or bring the ph in range again . Can also be a start of her losing her Chlorophyll from starvation but depends how far into the leaf it shows.

Woah, that sounds mind blowing! I’m too much of a wimp to try that right now, maybe after a few grows! But I may try it on a budd or two !
Told.you it was aggressive but it does work and you will here people.mentionnit so at least you know of it now. Lol

Told.you it was aggressive but it does work and you will here people.mentionnit so at least you know of it now. Lol
Yellowing could be a more appropriate term and thisnisnusally down to high ph or too strong feeds. I dont worry too.much if I can back off the nutes or bring the ph in range again . Can also be a start of her losing her Chlorophyll from starvation but depends how far into the leaf it shows.

lol yes at least I know thanks for that bud! & regards to the leaves, they are only tips white and most affected at the top and the tips most affected are now turning brittle. & just to ask you if you know, I’ve seen a few amber trichomes, does that mean I’m near the end of harvest window for the whole plant or just that individual bud ?

You need to feed them. Read my thread about flushing in my signature.
After reading you and Sheds’ technique without flushing, I am a few weeks away from doing my first ever no flush harvest. The more I read, the more it makes sense. Actually the more I think back on 20+ years of flushing plants, the more I realize why it never tasted 100% the way it should have. Hell I dried it wrong for years too. Never too late to do the right thing though!

Back
Top Bottom