Run off ec

Dani smoke

I'm feeding one plant in a 65litre pot, only yesterday did I notice the roots had already hit the bottom feeding tray seedlings only 2 week 4 days so today I water 4 litres into the 65 pot enusuring all soil is now wet, it was charged before the seedling was transplanted, I collected 1.2 litre of run off 30% of what was fed, the EC is 2.2/2.0 I'm feeding at 1.8 taking in to consideration my tap water is .4 and once a week feeding a very light strength food to try and ensure no salt built ups or lock outs, how can I correct the run of levels? Or do I just not bother since she looks healthy enough to me I never checked run off before in Coco and not noticed any real issues but then u read how check-in the run off can make all the difference....

Attachments

• IMG_20180921_165949.jpg
    IMG_20180921_165949.jpg
    933.9 KB · Views: 43
Checking the runoff is usually done to help problem solve issues.

For example if you had deficiencies pop up, first thing to do would be to write down the water in ph and ppm followed by what's coming out for ph and ppm. From there you can see if you have a soil/ph problem or a low ppm number leading to the lack of nutes.

Usually as long as your ph of water in is between 6.0 and 6.8, you usually get a couple or more points above or below the water in, so if 6.5 ph going in and 6.2 out, you're fine.

Usually as long as you're ppm (nutes) are being fed to the plant on a schedule then you shouldn't be lacking any.

From the looks of that plant I'd say everything looks good.

Back
Top Bottom