Running out of space on my net (ScrOG) in flowering time - how to react?

cufix

Hello guys,

I'm in 23rd day of flowering strain Caboose.
It's very short plant (5cm internodes) and I'm scroging it.
The problem came around when I saw, that I haven't provide enough space for their new forming branches, when I was tieing them down on my net. So my current situation is that the plant finally stopped streching (at least it looks like that) - which is good, but there has left a few branches which are about 10cm higher than my canopy and I literally run out of space for tieing them, not even a tiny hole where I could tie it.. A few branches are tied one over another (I hope this won't be a problem)..

So on outer side of my canopy, everything is ok because I have enough space around. But in inner, there is a problem. What to do with those branches? Shall I just leave them alone? Or should I cut them off (I'm in 23rd day of flowering..)? Any ideas/solutions, or how to approach the problem in appropriate way? New forming buds are very close to each other, and everything is very tight. I hope someone really knows what to do, so everything will be alright :)

I don't have the newest picture where you could clearly see my problem but I will post 5 day old ones where you can see at least something (1st picture is showing more outer side so the real problem is not seen well, those bad looking leaves on 2nd picture are already gone). If you need I can make a new photos today.

21889.jpg

13573.jpg

Anyone?

Me personally I'd do some thinning out. Airflow is going to be tougher as those buds thicken up and you don't want any mold issues. Take a little each day as to not stress her. My goal in a SCROG is to have twenty main branches or tops. That's just me. My last one I had more then that and it's good bud, just not as big buds as I hoped for.

Good luck, not easy to cut when you see those buds forming, but don't be greedy, so thin it out.

So on places where there is too much everything together, I should cut off some branches? And like you said slowly, each day a few branches to minimize the stress?

So on places where there is too much everything together, I should cut off some branches? And like you said slowly, each day a few branches to minimize the stress?

I would look to lower growth first, but yes. Doesn't look like you have much below the screen. I read somewhere, I think it was Light Addict that said you should look at each main branch as it's own plant, and treat it accordingly. Like I said, find twenty that are the most vigorous and look to see if you can isolate them and clean the lower stuff up. But, I would do it a little at a time. I got a little anxious with mine one night,, took too much down and a few days later I saw a nanner. I don't know for sure if it was what I did, or an environmental thing like a leak. But I was warned and will be more careful next time. But, I'm not afraid to cut if it's going to get better results. You just have to go slow.

You're going to get folks that disagree with me, and you should listen to them and decide what's the course you feel most comfortable on.

Good luck!

I would look to lower growth first, but yes. Doesn't look like you have much below the screen. I read somewhere, I think it was Light Addict that said you should look at each main branch as it's own plant, and treat it accordingly. Like I said, find twenty that are the most vigorous and look to see if you can isolate them and clean the lower stuff up. But, I would do it a little at a time. I got a little anxious with mine one night,, took too much down and a few days later I saw a nanner. I don't know for sure if it was what I did, or an environmental thing like a leak. But I was warned and will be more careful next time. But, I'm not afraid to cut if it's going to get better results. You just have to go slow.

You're going to get folks that disagree with me, and you should listen to them and decide what's the course you feel most comfortable on.

Good luck!

Ok I feel like this way is the only way in my case, because in some parts there is just too many of them. I'll do it slowly and with feeling of course. I trully hope I won't get any hermies :)

Do you have any suggestions about how many bud forming branched shall I have on around 1 square feet? Or whatever unit of measurement you prefer. At least some recommendations please.

Thanks for everything! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom