Running test on 5X5 tent w/ 1K MH light

Tricks

I bought a Lumtek electronic ballast yesterday, !k type but I can either dim it down to 600 or I can use a 600 or 750 HPS or MH bulb, I don't know if the 5x5 even with the nice inline fan I'm using will be able to handle a 1K though...the dude at the store had a used 1K MH he let me use to see what it does, now they are hotter than a HPS, just how much hotter I don't know. At 10 mins in with the outside room temp at 68 the tent was 73...going to check now, its been a half hour.

I run a 1000w in a 4x4 with a 440cfm fan and it keeps my temps below 82 degrees in the 4x4 in a 77 to 78 ambient room. Passive intake works well for me.

I have been running a 1k mh and hps throughout this grow with no issues whatsoever. I use a 6" inline fan attached to a light tube. The light is separate from the exhaust fan. The fan is calmed down with a rotary motor control. This seems to work quite well. Theres a pic in my grow showing this. Heat and humidity does slowly build up, but can easily be exhausted by the second fan. This does help heat your home. Where my electric bill went up, my gas bill went down somewhat this winter.

I have been running a 1k mh and hps throughout this grow with no issues whatsoever. I use a 6" inline fan attached to a light tube. The light is separate from the exhaust fan. The fan is calmed down with a rotary motor control. This seems to work quite well. Theres a pic in my grow showing this. Heat and humidity does slowly build up, but can easily be exhausted by the second fan. This does help heat your home. Where my electric bill went up, my gas bill went down somewhat this winter.

Hey Dum, just replied to a post in your journal...good stuff man, damn those girls look good!!! I'm happy to say all the test I ran using a 1K MH bulb went great! better than I had hoped for even! had no real problems keeping the heat down in the tent, the hottest it ever got was 80 and that is when I jacked the ambient room temp up to 75-76 because it was cool outside that day (58-60) so it looks like all is well, and at this point I couldn't be happier!!! Peace out!

Back
Top Bottom