rust and curling leaves

prt420

Although I have grown secretly in the past, I have a problem with my 60 day plant. She is all budded up, but trichomes are not getting cloudy. It had been way too long for it to turn. I believe I have a nutrient problem, but cant figure the problem. I wish I could get a good picture of leaves buy all I can do it ask for blind help. HELP!!!

This is best I can offer for blind help:

Is only one leaf affected? Yes = Invaders (bugs, mold, mildew), No = continue

Are leaves clawed, puffy or bumpy? Yes = Over Watering, No = continue

Are the leaves droopy, thin and curled under? Yes = Heat stress from light, No = continue

Is the plant growth stunted and leaves/tips yellowing? Yes = Nute Burn, No = continue

Is there any purpling cupping or folding leaves? Yes = Mg deficiency (purpling is also an early indication of over watering)

Are leaves drooping but still flat with no discoloration and media is dry? Yes = not enough water, No = continue

Are leaves drooping and media wet? Yes = sudden wilt, so sorry for your loss

Note that a few random leaves dying is perfectly normal and at about week 6 - 8 in flower you should see more leaves start dying off which is normal. Prior to weeks 6 - 8 any more than a few random leaves is a problem.

And:
Micro def - show at top of plant first (rare, if you have micro deficiency you probably over watered and damaged roots except in the case of Mg which is the most common micro def)

Macro def - shows at bottom first (N is most common Macro def especially in early flower - refrain from dropping the N until after the stretch)

Too Many Nutes - shows at the leaf tips first

Too Few Nutes - pales from the bottom upward (typically N deficiency but also can be attributed to not enough light, for example when using CFL or incandescent)

Sorry I did not give vital info. This is what I have. 1 big cfl, no I do not know the wattage, am also growing in basement under stairs, damp area. will try to input photo. So thanks for your input.
Just wondering that maybe calcium def. Rust spots on leaves and curling up leaves. Has solid cola and (popcorn) lower buds. But they are solid big buds. question... how milky before harvesting, hard to tell if clear or just lightly milky.
Thanks.

And:
Micro def - show at top of plant first (rare, if you have micro deficiency you probably over watered and damaged roots except in the case of Mg which is the most common micro def)

Macro def - shows at bottom first (N is most common Macro def especially in early flower - refrain from dropping the N until after the stretch)

Too Many Nutes - shows at the leaf tips first

Too Few Nutes - pales from the bottom upward (typically N deficiency but also can be attributed to not enough light, for example when using CFL or incandescent)

Curling up is typically Mg def. and rust is typically Manganese but if you have a micro def it's more likely an uptake issue due to damaged roots from salt build up or over watering. I'd stop feeding anything but Cal-Mag or Mag-Sulfur product at about 200PPM and lay off the watering until media is mostly but not quite completely dry. I'd also buy a better light asap.

Too late for new lighting but uploaded pics I got in gallery for prt40 Will def. upgrade in future. Don't know how to add to thread hers so that's why in gallery.

Yeah, back off on watering and only feed with Cal-Mag for a bit. Nute burn, too much N and over watered or poor drainage from the looks of it. I'd look into some smart pots or similar too for the future.

im glad you seen pics, cant navigate well. newbe- go figure! but thanks, probably overwater. any suggestions on how to fix, on a budget?

Cal-Mag is only about $20 and your best friend anyhow and backing off on watering is free, get in the habit of picking up the pot frequently to get a sense of the dry weight and only water when it's mostly dry but not to the point of drooping.

Hi All,

first time grow and need some feedback.

I set 20 white widow (feminized) in water on the 20th Mar and a week later all 18 sites had a sprouted little princess.
A week later and the tips showed signs of nute burn
Using FOXFARM nutes at about half the rate so I was a bit surprised. I put it down to the incredible availability of nutes in this system (DWC - 18 site - 270L system) I've added an oxygen generator to the air pump so the water is super oxygenated.

I transferred half the water to a holding tank and replaced it with RO nute free, ph adjusted water.
Plants exploded over the next 2 or so weeks and haven't touched them until yesterday...

Now at the 4 week mark since germination began and just completed the first complete system change.
EC back up to 430us (still less than half the recommended dosage) and approx 230PPM.
They look like they are now deficient in almost everything based on the various photos I have been viewing. (hence the change out)
I thought it may be lockout coz ph was between 5.5 & 5.8 however FOX recommend 5.8 - 6.3 for their nutes.
So now I'm running a stable ph of 6.0.. Today before 'night fall' I foliar sprayed a mix of fish emulsion and Dutch Nutrients (Grow Big) both at about 1/4 strength.

I am chasing some feedback on these. I would really like to correct any issues before taking cuttings and sending them to bloom in about a week or so..

If more info is required to give a decent assessment please let me know,

many thanks.

phos_or_mag_issues_1.JPG
this_looks_like_trouble_brewing_ph_related_maybe_1.JPG
Heat_Stress_-_Nute_Burn_or_Deficiency2.JPG
nute_deficiency_or_not_1.JPG
Heat_Stress_-_Nute_Burn_or_Deficiency1.JPG
30_days_from_seed_3.JPG
30_days_from_seed_2.JPG
14_days_after_seeding.jpg

Back
Top Bottom